Your fav leave in

soslychic

I'm looking for a leave in with moisturizing, detangling, and maybe even adding a little body to the hair properties. I'm thinking nexxus headress or keracare leave-in. Any recs?

Nexxus Headdress gets my vote...this is one of the few products that has worked well for me long term.
smile.gif

I like the added benefit that it contains sunscreen.

I tend to mix my leave-in conditioners together.
My favorites thus far are SEBASTIAN POTION #9 mixed with
INFUSIUM 23 (moisturizing) leave-in treatment.

hmmm...maybe I should start mixing my potion 9 with my fave leave in (AG Fast Food). The potion 9 always leaves my hair crusty and hard after air drying with it.

*Clairol Renewal 5x Daily Nourishment
*Kiehl’s Leave-In Conditioner
*New Image Damage Free Thermal Active Conditioning Styler (Heat Protectant)

Right now (LOL), I like:
Mane and Tail Conditioner
911 Creamy Leave-In (Extra Dry Formula)

I love creamy leave-ins!
smile.gif
I just started with Mane and Tail and it is really da bomb!
smile.gif
It's a great detangler in addition to its superb conditioning qualities!!
smile.gif

Peachtree:
I like the motions as well, have you every tried infusium leave in?? I use the original kind and it works well, very similiar to the motions. In fact, I was using it as back up, but now my motions has been pushed to the side, lol!.

soslychic:

I like the headress. I dont care too much for creamy leave in's but this is really goosd because it spreads better than most creamy leave ins, and has sooo many beneficial ingredients.

[ QUOTE ]
This just in! Giovanni Direct Leave-In. WOW
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah Giovanni Direct Leave-in with some added aloe vera gel.......
smirk.gif
smirk.gif
smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I like the headress. I dont care too much for creamy leave in's but this is really goosd because it spreads better than most creamy leave ins, and has sooo many beneficial ingredients.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate creamy leave-ins too...they always leave a gummy feeling on my hair. Like, Dudley's PCA and KeraCare leave-in.

But Nexxus Headdress is the only one that doesn't feel gummey.

I love Headdress mixed with a little essential oils...especially for my ends. It thickens the hair so Im going to try Aveda Brilliant Humectant pomade on the hair shaft and see how it works. I also love Humectress as a deep condit and many ladies recommend this mixed w/ distilled water as a leave in....

angiek...i saw this today when I went to buy the humectant pomade...what is it like? How/when do you use it since we have the same hair type...

[ QUOTE ]
angiek...i saw this today when I went to buy the humectant pomade...what is it like? How/when do you use it since we have the same hair type...

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="brown">Lunalight7,

The Elixir has a thin, but creamy consistency. I like it a lot because the aloe in it makes my hair very soft and moisturized. Aloe is listed second on the ingredients list (after the aqueous herbal extracts).

I use it after every wash and I usually use it in this manner:

After I do a pre-condition, wash, ACV rinse and conditioner w/heat, I use it directly after I rinse and towel blot my hair. After I distribute it through my hair and ends, I then apply a light amount of oil moisturizer. Last, I apply my styling fixative (styling gel, lotion, cream or mousse - depending on the type of style I am trying to achieve). I then roller set or air dry.

Sometimes, if I am expecting tangles (near touch-up time), I will use a spray detangler right before I apply the Elixir.

AngieK </font>
wink.gif

Back