Your Edges B4 and After Pics...

LadyCee

I know this post might be out already but rite now im in need of some your progress pictures b.c this is realli getting too me...so I ask that all you ladies tht have dealt ith this issue(or whoever wants to help) to plz sho me ur progress pics so I can stop being sooo bluee hhheehe...I would love to see them...also wat r u doing to help those bare edges fill in...how long did it take...how much time and effort...wat products or did u do the natural thing? I HATE MY EDGES...They use to be soo full but now I dont even wanna look at em due so overprocessing I guess...i never did nethng else to them UGHHHH...well post guys im patiently waiting:confused: thnx:ohwell:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/for...p/t-89518.html

I started a challenge to address my hairline issues

Here are photos of my results

LeftUpdate083006.jpg

I deleted a pic of my edges because I was too embarrased of them! Whats helping my edges is boundless tresses. I can grab my edges now. Before, I wasnt able to pinch them.

sareca said:

AMAZING!!! Your hair is absolutely GORGEOUS!! What would you say contributed to regrowth in those areas? I'm confronted with the same problem. My hair is too fine for braids. They end up breaking off my edges and hairline more. I wonder if there's anything else I can do to thicken them up and have them grow in.

What helped me was

1. No Brushing
  2. No Tight styles or scarfs at night
  3. Treating hair like fine lace
  4. Oil Massages
There are more specific tips in the thread but the four things listed above were key.

Currently I am using Emu oil on my scalp and watching my diet.

Serenity_Peace said:
AMAZING!!! Your hair is absolutely GORGEOUS!! What would you say contributed to regrowth in those areas? I'm confronted with the same problem. My hair is too fine for braids. They end up breaking off my edges and hairline more. I wonder if there's anything else I can do to thicken them up and have them grow in.

Basically I do what trimbride said.

I threw away my brush and started using MTG (I use BT now), taking MSM, and handling my hair very carefully. I do C&G but I don't let them braid any of my hair too tight. :nono:

Last edited:
I should really upload a picture of my edges from last year till now, I'll update my fotki later and post the link.

picture21.jpg
Feburary 2007 (2 months post relaxer)
This is the picture that started me on my quest to fill in my edges. I hadn't realized they were so thin.

Picture07921.jpg
April 2007 (4 months post relaxer)
My edges seem to be filling in I haven't used any heat so that must have helped.

Picture71821.jpg
Picture71921.jpg
Today:7-9-07 (7 months post relaxer)
My hair line has completely grown in on my right side. My left side has grown is as well.

BioGeekChic said:
picture21.jpg
This is the picture that started me on my quest to fill in my edges. I hadn't realized they were so thin.

Picture07921.jpg
My edges seem to be filling in I haven't used any heat so that must have helped.

Picture71821.jpg
Picture71921.jpg
My hair line has completely grown in on my right side. My left side has grown is as well.
Wow!!! Now that's amazing progress!! What did you use??

BioGeekChic said:
picture21.jpg

Picture07921.jpg

Picture71821.jpg
Picture71921.jpg

GOOD GOOGLY MOOGLY!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

That is excellent progress in so little time, you have to share what you used...so many members need this information!!!!:grin: :grin: :grin:

To thicken up my edges (and my hair in general) what helped me the most was:
  • Loosening my ponytails and buns and not keeping them too tight (I think this was a major culprit of my thinning edges)
  • Brushing and combing my edges less frequently
  • Castor Oil it really has helped to thicken my edges and hair strands
  • Biotin
  • Full head baggying- I think this has contribute to maintaining moisture in my hair
  • I also do sulfur treatments once a month. Basically its my cheapie conditioner with my favorite oils and sulfur. This has really strenghten my hair and reduced my breakage overall so that my hair is able to grow.
HTH :)

BioGeekChic said:
picture21.jpg

Picture07921.jpg

Picture71821.jpg
Picture71921.jpg

THIS IS AMAZING!!! :eek::eek::clapping::clapping: What was your remedy?!

BioGeekChic said:
  • I also do sulfur treatments once a month. Basically its my cheapie conditioner with my favorite oils and sulfur. This has really strenghten my hair and reduced my breakage overall so that my hair is able to grow.

Do you use this sulfur treatment all throughout your hair? I have a tub of sulfur that I have no idea what to do with. What oils did you add to this concoction? I have Suave Coconut...

BioGeekChic said:
To thicken up my edges (and my hair in general) what helped me the most was:
  • Loosening my ponytails and buns and not keeping them too tight (I think this was a major culprit of my thinning edges)
  • Brushing and combing my edges less frequently
  • Castor Oil it really has helped to thicken my edges and hair strands
  • Biotin
  • Full head baggying- I think this has contribute to maintaining moisture in my hair
Thanks for sharing. You will definitely be an inspiration to many.

BioGeekChic said:
picture21.jpg

Picture07921.jpg

Picture71821.jpg
Picture71921.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: OH MY WORD!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

biogeekchic :eek: :eek: that's fantabulous!!!!

do tell more about your sulfur treatment (ie, ingredients, how often you use it...)

BioGeekChic said:
picture21.jpg

Picture07921.jpg

Picture71821.jpg
Picture71921.jpg

Do you think stretching your relaxer helped too? Do you still relax?

Serenity_Peace said:
Do you use this sulfur treatment all throughout your hair? I have a tub of sulfur that I have no idea what to do with. What oils did you add to this concoction? I have Suave Coconut...

Yes I just add it like a regular conditioner.

The sulfur conditioner I currently have was made with VO5 strawberries & cream. To that I add my favorite oils (jojoba, coconut, and olive oil); lavender essential oil (10 drops or enough to drown out most of the smell), and 5% flowers of sulfur powder (That is 5% of the total volume being made) . To avoid clumping in the conditoner, I mix the oil and sulfur together first and then add this to my conditoner. After the treatment (30 mins) I always do a deep conditoning.

When I was washing my hair 2X week. I was doing this treatment every other week. Now that I wash weekly I only use it once a month. I really didn't really notice any smells but then again I wasn't blowdrying or using any heat, I would just braid my hair up and airdry.

nubianqt86 said:
Do you think stretching your relaxer helped too? Do you still relax?

I definitely think that this has helped. I'm on the fence right now about whether I should relax or transition. Right now I'm 7 months post relaxer.

BioGeekChic said:
Yes I just add it like a regular conditioner.

The sulfur conditioner I currently have was made with VO5 strawberries & cream. To that I add my favorite oils (jojoba, coconut, and olive oil); lavender essential oil (10 drops or enough to drown out most of the smell), and 5% flowers of sulfur powder (That is 5% of the total volume being made) . To avoid clumping in the conditoner, I mix the oil and sulfur together first and then add this to my conditoner. After the treatment (30 mins) I always do a deep conditoning.

When I was washing my hair 2X week. I was doing this treatment every other week. Now that I wash weekly I only use it once a month. I really didn't really notice any smells but then again I wasn't blowdrying or using any heat, I would just braid my hair up and airdry.

Thank you so very much for this. I think I will try this for next week's treatment. I really appreciate you taking time out to explain for my and other's benefit. :kiss:

Serenity_Peace said:
Thank you so very much for this. I think I will try this for next week's treatment. I really appreciate you taking time out to explain for my and other's benefit. :kiss:

No problem. I hope it works for you as well. :)

Bio how often did you use the castor oil on your edges? and which one? Black Castor oil or the clear one?

thnx

bklynLadee said:
Bio how often did you use the castor oil on your edges? and which one? Black Castor oil or the clear one?

thnx

I use the clear (cold pressed) every other night (or at least 3X a week) on my edges and my ends. I use a very small amount its very thick so you only need a little.

Back