your best deep conditioning concoction?

blessedandlucky

i know lhcf ladies love deep conditioning. i thought it'd be helpful to have a place where newbies and others can find recommendations and mix ideas. pls let us know if you're relaxed or natural.

i just did this last night (ao hsr + almond oil) on dry hair for 1.5 hours. i can't keep my hands outta my hair.i'm about to put my scarf back on.

i am almost 7 weeks post. i self-relaxed for the first time in a long time and i'm a bit underprocessed (not on purpose), so it's more like 10 wks post. i am hoping this formula will allow me to stretch until late august.

what's your go-to deep conditioner concoction?

thanks for responding!:look:

I'm natural: the 1 cup mayo (preferably organic) w/jojoba oil never fails me. It's so good it only needs to be done once or twice a month. It's a power packed combo of protein and softeners. My hair always feels amazing after a treatment of it. Sometimes i may add some honey, rosemary oil or other oils.

AO HSR w/ a dash of EVOO, coconut oil and honey! :lick::cloud9:

ETA: On wet hair, w/ heat for 30 mins. Afterwards, I have to bun or I will have HIH disorder all day long.

Mine is queen helene cholesterol (my hair loves it despite the ingredients) w/ honey and castor oil +/- olive oil. I cover and sit under dryer for 30-45 mins and my hair is so soft and moisturized when I finish.

Last edited:
JMRB with some Thermasmooth on top or Ion Color Defense Hydrating Moisture Treatment with the Thermasmooth. Leave this on for at least an hour and my hair is perfectly moisturized and smooth as hell.

I'm natural, 4ab.

My favorite is olive oil, coconut oil, with some honey. I heat them up a bit so they're warm, put it on wet hair, and leave on for 30mins to overnight depending on my schedule.

A good moisture conditioner (Mizani Moisturefuze or Kenra) and a good oil (EVOO or Almond oil, and sometimes a drizzle of JBCO).
If I need protein I add neutral protein filler or silk amino acid.
I mix them in my little hair color bowl.
I always cover with a cap. Heat it a must as well. Sometimes I'll just do 15 minutes of heat and let the mix sit for another 20-45 more minutes.

Hollywood beauty Olive Cholesterol mixed with a little Bioinfusion Conditioning Balm, Evoo, Castor oil,Avacodo oil, and 5drops of Rosemary oil with a plastic cap no heat for 1 hour. My hair has never been so soft and moisturized after a DC I LOVE IT!

Relaxed: Emergencia/Honey/Evoo
i warm it up in the microwave for 30 secs, apply, cover my hair with a plastic bag, and DC with my conditioning cap

I'm relaxed and I use Aussie 3 Minute Deeep with a few squirts of honey. I shake it up vigorously and let it sit. It has to be a yellowish color. I squeeze a couple of squirts and slather it on. I occasionally put some salt in my hand and put that on too. I comb through and detangle. I let it marinate for at least 15 minutes. I rinse with warm water and a shot of cold water. Even at 16 weeks post, my hair was delicious.

I'm mostly natural and loving Lustersilk Cholesterol with added honey, coconut, and castor oil. I sit under the dryer for about an hour in it. When I'm feeling lazy, I do an ORS Replenishing Pack for 45 minutes.

I just did a super deep conditioning concoction of....

*Loccitane-dry and damaged
*Yes To Carrots pampering mud conditioner
*AOHSR
*AO GPB
*Biolage Strengthening Conditioner
*Redken Color Extend Phase Shot
*Shescentit Banana Brulee
*Eucalyptus essential oil
*Cupuacu butter
*Left in overnight and rinsed in the morning

I know its extensive, but @ 10 weeks post x over an inch of newgrowth x previously jacklaxed hair, its the only thing that left my hair super soft.

*AOHSR
*AO GPB
*Cupuacu butter

^^^^^^^^^^
:eek::lachen::lachen:

I use to be somewhat of a "Mixtress" but lately I've been using them as they are. (Nothing Added).

Plus, I have found with the use of my Steamer, my Conditioners Perform Superbly. Therefore, No Need for any extra added ingredients.:yep:

I'm always mixing conditioners, my favorite mix is mizani moisturfuse and ORS replenishing w/ honey, jbco and evoo

^^^^^^^^^^
:eek::lachen::lachen:

I use to be somewhat of a "Mixtress" but lately I've been using them as they are. (Nothing Added).

Plus, I have found with the use of my Steamer, my Conditioners Perform Superbly. Therefore, No Need for any extra added ingredients.:yep:

Oh yes eventually I plan to get a steamer and a pibbs. I kinda think my huge concoctions came from me almost reaching full mbl. I always deep condition on dry hair thats super jacklaxed so it takes about 12-16 ounces of product. Also, with these small stingy bottles of conditioner they're making these days along with my hair acting all "bu-gee" and only responding to certain products, I have to find creative ways to "stretch" those bottles lol. I know when I reach waistlength Ill just have to make my own conditioner... These prices are killing my coin purse!!!! :wallbash:

Oh yes eventually I plan to get a steamer and a pibbs. I kinda think my huge concoctions came from me almost reaching full mbl. I always deep condition on dry hair thats super jacklaxed so it takes about 12-16 ounces of product. Also, with these small stingy bottles of conditioner they're making these days along with my hair acting all "bu-gee" and only responding to certain products, I have to find creative ways to "stretch" those bottles lol. I know when I reach waistlength Ill just have to make my own conditioner... These prices are killing my coin purse!!!! :wallbash:

I thought your Concoction was rather cute.:grin: Intense, but cute.

I'm relaxed and I use Aussie 3 Minute Deeep with a few squirts of honey. I shake it up vigorously and let it sit. It has to be a yellowish color. I squeeze a couple of squirts and slather it on. I occasionally put some salt in my hand and put that on too. I comb through and detangle. I let it marinate for at least 15 minutes. I rinse with warm water and a shot of cold water. Even at 16 weeks post, my hair was delicious.

What does the salt do in this mixture???

This is my staple deep conditioning concoction for my relaxed tresses:
-Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose
-Mizani HydraFuse
-CremeOfNature Professional Moisture Extreme
-EVCoconutOil
-Honey

....mmmmm....this mix smells soooo good, and it is sooooo moisturizing. You can even see the pearly swirls in the mixture. I slap it on really thick 'n' plenty, put on plastic cap, an DC with heat for 30 - 45minutes.

O000-la-la :wow:

LeKair natural shea butter cholesterol
full-fat yogurt
CocoReal cream of coconut
teaspoon egg powder
teaspoon molasses powder
teaspoon marshmallow root powder
teaspoon raw honey
teaspoon castor oil
tablespoon aloe vera gel (food grade)
guar gum to thicken (if needed)

Last edited:
Relaxed head here:

- Elucence Moisture Balance Conditioner
- JBCO
- Silk Amino Acids
- Avocado Oil

My hair is heeeeeeeeeavenly after this concoction!!

Natural all the way now so I'm revisiting many on their own but any conditioner I don't use I give away; those which are iffy I add coconut, almond or grapeseed oil to enhance it. The great cons such as ORS, Nunaat and Alter Ego I add nothing because some times adding stuff messes with my hair.

going from relaxed to texturized (80% relaxed/ 20 % texturized). I tried this today and decided that it is conditioners simply work better when you enhance them yourself:

Silicon Mix
2 Egg Yolks
Haitian black Castor Oil
Olive Oil
Aloe Vera

Strong, silky hair!!

I'm relaxed and BSL. The concoction is simple, the method however can be a little tricky.

I use 100% pure unrefined grape seed oil on dry hair, enough to saturate my whole head.

Wet a Hand Towel, ring some of the water out but not all. Place in micorwave for about 45 seconds or as hot as you can stand it. I like mine steaming! I wrap my hair with the towel and cover with plastic cap, then I cover that with a Bath Sized Towel and leave on for 15-30 minutes. This is better known as the "Steam Towel Method".

Wash out in shower, then I usally follow with a light conditioner while I'm finishing up my shower and that's it. This leaves my hair so soft and detangled. While I'm washing the oil out it feels so good I don't want to do anything else to it!

*AOHSR
*AO GPB
*Cupuacu butter

I know its extensive, but @ 10 weeks post x over an inch of newgrowth x previously jacklaxed hair, its the only thing that left my hair super soft.

Wow! Do you measure each item? I have a mayonnaise cocktail conditioner mix which I use for items my stylist rejects. (Anything he rejects will be recycled, unbeknownst to him.) I'm not giving anything away or throwing anything out, and it works excellent!

Last edited:
I'm relaxed and BSL. The concoction is simple, the method however can be a little tricky.

I use 100% pure unrefined grape seed oil on dry hair, enough to saturate my whole head.

Wet a Hand Towel, ring some of the water out but not all. Place in micorwave for about 45 seconds or as hot as you can stand it. I like mine steaming! I wrap my hair with the towel and cover with plastic cap, then I cover that with a Bath Sized Towel and leave on for 15-30 minutes. This is better known as the "Steam Towel Method".

Wash out in shower, then I usally follow with a light conditioner while I'm finishing up my shower and that's it. This leaves my hair so soft and detangled. While I'm washing the oil out it feels so good I don't want to do anything else to it!

I do the same thing with coconut oil. I swear it's the best conditioner out there.

Back