Your All-time favorite No-mixology-necessary moisturizing DC.

Kenra MC is the only consistant DC for me.

And why did y'all just cause me to have a hair emergency. I'm sitting here with henna in my hair and just remembered I'm out of the stuff. I was in Ulta just last night and had no idea about the sale...

Now I have to figure out how to get to this sale before closing and after rinsing this henna out. Hair emergency.... Arrgggggghhhhhhhh!

FYI ladies... the ULTA sale is over tonight, not tomorrow. They have all liters on sale and 20% off your entire purchase.

Sorry for the hijack.

Ulta, Trade Secret, etc... Ulta has liters on sale for $11.99 til tomorrow with the 20% coupon on their website.

WHY did I not see this in time for the sale? *faints*

I see some DCs are showing up frequently. Keep 'em coming ladies. Hopefully ladies who are searching for their HG moisturizing DCs will get some inspiration from this thread.

My fav at the moment is Giovanni Smooth as Silk. I was stuck on Kenra MC for a long time so I can understand what you ladies are talking about. It's pricey so I would only buy it when it was on sale at Trade Secret but a lot of those stores closed so I started trying other stuff.

Aubrey Organics White Camiella condish. If I'm out of that, Silk Elements Megasilk Moisturizing treatment is amazing as well. These two are interchangeably great for me.

I kinda like mixing my conditioners but my all time favorite moisturizing DCs would be Joico Moisture Recovery Balm and the custom DC I got from Bear Fruit Hair.

For moisturizing, Giovanni Smooth as Silk. Hands down.

For strength and softness, LeKair Cholesterol.

Sorry I named two but it really depends on what my hair needs at the moment.

I hope this is not just prematurity but i really like Mane n tail deep moisturizing conditioner. prior to using that i would have said aussie 3 minute deep easily. but he main n tail comes in a larger bottle,smells better and feels so luxurious in my hair:lick:plus it moisturizes and strengthens. i actually like dcing now:lol:

If I had to pick one it would be Hairveda's Sitrinillah. Back ups are Komaza's Intense Moisture Therapy and Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque.

i'm so tired of mixing iiiiiish

really
I hear you. All that mixing gets old fast! And unless you're exact with your measurements, the results are hardly consistent. When I compared the hassle of mixing 3-4 products and sitting under a dryer for a chunk of time or walking around the house with conditioner in my hair waiting for it work... that stuff got old so fast.

Good conditioners may be more expensive but they have their advantages: The results are pretty consistent (as this thread shows), less time and steps to deal with.

It's like when I ditched the Aphogee 2-step for Joico's Kpak Reconstructor. A world of difference! Both are pretty awesome products but the process is just more streamlined and less messy with the Joico product. One way or the other we pay for these things: you spend the money for a good but relatively expensive product and save a lot of time and steps OR you get the more affordable products but spend time and energy mixing and sitting around trying to DC for one hour... not me :nono:

I hear you. All that mixing gets old fast! And unless you're exact with your measurements, the results are hardly consistent. When I compared the hassle of mixing 3-4 products and sitting under a dryer for a chunk of time or walking around the house with conditioner in my hair waiting for it work... that stuff got old so fast.

Good conditioners may be more expensive but they have their advantages: The results are pretty consistent (as this thread shows), less time and steps to deal with.

It's like when I ditched the Aphogee 2-step for Joico's Kpak Reconstructor. A world of difference! Both are pretty awesome products but the process is just more streamlined and less messy with the Joico product. One way or the other we pay for these things: you spend the money for a good but relatively expensive product and save a lot of time and steps OR you get the more affordable products but spend time and energy mixing and sitting around trying to DC for one hour... not me :nono:

yeah, i learned very early in the game to NOT MIX CONDITIONERS:nono:... but all the other goodies i add to the conditioners are cool... but often too much is going on

i realize that i don't need as much .... i need to get down to a great shampoo and i'm done! the pH of shampoos are all over the place

and many suck really... i have to try that mud stuff naptural85 uses one day i guess

i use to love the kimmay mix leave-in but it's not doing the same these days .... i may need another detangler (but i wish i didn't have to mix the leave-in as well... i usually run out mid head:grin:.... mix more, run out... mix more:rolleyes:) disaster

i need to create something or buy something that works as a perfect detangling leave in:yep:

Last edited:
Joico moisture recovery treatment balm. I always come back to it. And it works just as its instructed to use...no bells and whistles needed.r

ORS Replenishing conditioner. I only try others because I like to try new stuff; this is my tried and true, ride or die DC :yep:

Back