You guys lied!

yardyspice

MTG smells like poison, not bacon grease. I tried a little bit on my hair to test for sulfur sensitivity but I dry heaved and had to go wash my hair. This is ridiculous, there is no way anyone can use it everyday in their hair. I tried to cover it with peppermint oil, a hair deodorizer, fragrance oils but nothing worked. Eww! Nasty! (Rant over)

I bought a big bottle once. I had just started a new job and everyone kept asking what was that burning bacon or stink smell. This was after I had put in a lot of essential oils to try and mask the smell. I was so embarrassed. When I went home I threw it all in the trash.

I mix mine with cream of nature leave in rosemary and lemon
I only use it at night
then baggie my head immediately

by the morning the smell is gone
and I have not had any one ask "what's that smell?"

and my friends will call me out in a minute if something aint right.

It is a rough sent!!!!

I swear that I am still smelling it and it is still making me gag.

Like Blkonyx488 said, you have to use at night and baggy, the smell is gone by AM. This is how I did it with my daughter. You have to be light handed with it at well. The Sulu Max Gro has a softer stink than the actual MTG, but yes, as everyone says, it STINKs, no denying that one...:nono:

Lol funny, I remember people saying it smelled like bacon and i like the smell of bacon but not on my hair! I will stick to MT!

BTW - the castor oil smell is nothing really- or i'm just used to it.

MTG smells like poison, not bacon grease. I tried a little bit on my hair to test for sulfur sensitivity but I dry heaved and had to go wash my hair. This is ridiculous, there is no way anyone can use it everyday in their hair. I tried to cover it with peppermint oil, a hair deodorizer, fragrance oils but nothing worked. Eww! Nasty! (Rant over)

:lachen::lachen::lachen:OMG that's hysterical!!!!

Did you try blowing it up with dynamite? That might work LMAO :lachen:

Two weeks ago, after reading all the rave reviews, I went to the feed shop. I just knew this MTG was gonna grow my hair like weeds. I opened the bottle and the smell was so strong it startled me...I ended up spilling some of it. I still have not figured out what it smells like, but it wasn"t a smell I could cope with. :nono:

I mix mine with cream of nature leave in rosemary and lemon
I only use it at night
then baggie my head immediately

by the morning the smell is gone
and I have not had any one ask "what's that smell?"

and my friends will call me out in a minute if something aint right.

It is a rough sent!!!!

I still have a big bottle of MTG at home. I may need to try this to mask the scent.

:rofl: I so feel your pain!! I saw that MTG for a steal at a tack store near my home. I remember feeling elated! I brought it home and was like, what the...?

I did what some brilliant person here recommended. I poured off most of the cade oil and replaced it with some great smelling oils; a bottle of honey almond braid oil and the rest castor oil. It's still funky, but not as bad. No dry heaving or "what in the world?" kind of reactions.

Umm if you don't want it anymore send it to me
I will pay the post!!!:grin:

The smell doesn't bother me at all. It doesn't smell that much different than the DAX grease I used as a kid.

Two weeks ago, after reading all the rave reviews, I went to the feed shop. I just knew this MTG was gonna grow my hair like weeds. I opened the bottle and the smell was so strong it startled me...I ended up spilling some of it. I still have not figured out what it smells like, but it wasn"t a smell I could cope with. :nono:

:lachen: funny thread!!

I don't use it every day i rotate between growth aids. And wash my scalp the day after I use it, but for some reason i have grown to tolerate the smell. And it works! I kind of wish I didn't get so little

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! You guys are too funny!! The rumour about the smell of mtg is the main reason that I have never tried it!

Last edited:
WOW I use it 2x a day. I use a bottle with the pointed tip, blot over scalp massage in n go. Then I do the same thing at night. When I was using it with African Best oil my hair was greasy.

Now I use the Argan Oil from Sally's and NTM Daily Conditioner (the tube one) My hair feels soft and not greasy at all and no smell. I work in a office and trust ppl are all over u daily, and I can not smell it.:grin:

Lol! I Love the way it smells, it reminds Me of a grease My Mom used to use on My hair when I was a tyke, I forgot the actual name of it, but We called it Tar Grease, it was Black in color, Oh, I believe it was by Dax, and its funny cause it has the same ingredient as the MTG, Cade Oil, maybe thats the smell.

Man, I've never used this stuff, I'm not exactly sure what it is. But this post is hilarious! :lachen: poison!!!!!!! :lachen:

Does it smell worse than the aphogee 2 step?

Lol! I Love the way it smells, it reminds Me of a grease My Mom used to use on My hair when I was a tyke, I forgot the actual name of it, but We called it Tar Grease, it was Black in color, Oh, I believe it was by Dax, and its funny cause it has the same ingredient as the MTG, Cade Oil, maybe thats the smell.

Yes you are right. They have the same ingredients and smell. My mom used it on me too! :yep:

LOL, I use it everyday mixed in my braid spray and I've never had anyone mention the smell. I can't use it at night because it stains my satin pillow cases.

I use it nightly well i use the sulu max gro thanks to Mariofmagdal! I dont have a problem with it i dont think its so potent. mild bacon but do able with a spray or something.

Back