Yo...Adrienne0914!!!

BlkMane

Look what I found on Carolyn Gray's site:
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Carolyn's Protective Bun 11-17-02
Over the years, I have very rarely worn protective styles of any kind. To be honest, I never could get one to look cute enough where I wanted to be seen wearing it for more than a few hours. Anyway, after finding a few tips on hair boards regarding the use of curl activator to smooth the hair down, I am becoming a big fan. As I mention in Vol. 4 of my newsletter, I think protective styles might be a necessary step in helping to protect the ends and acquire faster, healthier hair growth. This style was very easy and quick to create with the help of a black scrunchie. I separated the pony-tail in two parts and wrapped each part around the scrunchie, tucking the ends under the scrunchie, and securing the bun itself with a few bobby pins.

[/ QUOTE ]
[image]http://www.blackwomansguide.com/sys-tmpl/nss-folder/scrapbook/Carolyns%20Protective%20Bun%[/image]
/images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif Hmmmm, do you think maybe she got that tip from our board and YOUR posts about S-curl?!

/images/graemlins/trampoline.gif

Not Adrienne, but Carolyn is a member of Black Hair Care and Body (Adrienne is one of the moderators there). Carolyn is also a member of Relaxed Hair (both Yahoo! Groups).

hey, blkmane!

thanks for pointing this out to me. yes, carolyn definitely got this from BHCAB. she joined last november i think. and we've had quite a bit of dialogue since then regarding the use of protective styles, curl activator and the baggie trick. she's a very nice person. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

she has also actually encouraged me to try to write a hair book. she said that's how she got started. she basically had an idea (the ponytail drying method) and built everything around that. my problem is that i don't think i have enough information to fill an entire book, but i have been kicking the idea around...

adrienne

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
she has also actually encouraged me to try to write a hair book. she said that's how she got started. she basically had an idea (the ponytail drying method) and built everything around that. my problem is that i don't think i have enough information to fill an entire book, but i have been kicking the idea around...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, what are you waiting for girl??!! Get a move-on!!! /images/graemlins/whip.gif
I am eagerly awaiting my autographed copy!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

A book on haircare. With all the knowledge we have learnt from this board alone it will be known more like a hair BIBLE!

Adrienne,

I say go for it!!! You have beautiful hair. Just looking at your hair is inspiring!!! reading your advice might be an epiphany for some!!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

I agree with everyone here Adrienne, your hair growth pics have made my mouth drop open.

You could definitely write your own book based on your own experiences. Something nice and objective (not like the 'sponsored by Nexxus Hummectress' /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif) Shamboosie book

I'd definitely grab a copy (signed of course /images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Reading your advice/routine combined with the pics is truly inspiring.

Back