Yep..another Dominican Salon Vent

the dominican salon i go to charges extra for hair length. i'm almost back to bsl and i get upcharged. another one i used to go to did the same thing. i think it's a fairly normal practice. my price is $20 instead of $15 for my wash and set, plus another $5 for the dc. i still will gladly pay that then the prices of other salons and the time and effort.

also i got charged more for length and being natural when i was natural.

i don't think they're ripping you off.

:yep: In the salons in VA that I used to frequent, I started out paying $25 (base price) when I was NL and relaxed. They then tacked on $5 for natural hair and $5 for longer hair (which is anything APL+ to them), which brings the price to $35 for me. If I don't DC at home, it's $40. However, I usually get a nice girl who knows me and lets me pay $25. Either that or I seek out a person who knows me to write up my ticket to take to the register :grin:

That's actually an excellent price. My salon would have charged 50 at least. I mean they do have to get paid. Can u imagine the commission split on $28? My child and I would star e to death. Your hair looks great though

I agree. Not only do you have to pay your salon electricity bill for the time under the dryer, you have to pay yourself for your time and service. By time everything's taken out, you are living on a pauper's salary.

Back