Y'all would never guess what has CEASED MY SHEDDING!!!

Point # 1 What do people mean anymore by grease? I always thought it refers to petroleum based products, but then I hear people say how they 'greased' their scalp with a product that contains no mineral oil or petrolatum. So to me there is a difference between moisturizing the scalp and greasing the scalp.

Point # 2 Like the above poster said, 'grease' just temporarily masked the problem for me. My hair is way healthier without it!:yep:

Hey, ya'll remember Spanish Sure Gro and Wild Growth in the white bottle with green letters? My granny bounced back between those and the Dax and HairFood. But she used the Dax for a long ass time...I loved the way the Spanish Sure Grow smelled:lick:
I remember it was also some Indian Hemp stuff that worked for me when I overprocessed my hair and my temples were thining. Can't remember who made it but know it when I see it. The can was clear plastic and it had a white plastic top. But I may pick up some of that WonderGrow stuff. I will keep it on 'standby' as I have plenty of other stuff right now thanks to going crazy this week and buying new stuff. And I'm making my own oils too so it will have to wait to see if this is working for me or not. I haven't been shedding as much since I'm oiling my scalp more now....

I'm definitely going back to greasing my scalp. I can't do it daily because it would weigh my hair down far too much, but once a week when I wash? It's on. My hair has been shedding like nobody's business. When I was a little girl, my hair was thick & long and I think this was the difference. The fact that I wash more often than I did then will keep the flakes away.

I definitely grease my scalp now since I've been where twists, but I only use "grease" that doesn't have mineral oil like Carol's Daughter Hair mimosa. Does that count as "grease"?

Yeah, I broke down and bought some of the WonderGro (orange) today. Will keep it for 'standby' and mix some of my other oils with it if need be...

This grew my hair SOOOOOO fast a few years back (pre-LHCF), until I joined the board and learned grease was the debil. :rolleyes:

But I can definitely offer a testimony about African pride herbal grease..... :yep:

Big fat co-sign! :yep::yep: I STOPPED using it because I wore a twa at the time and had to cut my hair every single week to keep it in the style. It grew soooo fast using that stuff.

I don't really care for the smell of that African Pride stuff (I think I used this when I was little), but wouldn't BB growth oil suffice?

Can shea butter, cocoa butter, castor oil and a little of wild growth oil light mixed together be used to oil your scalp? I just mixed all of these together and it is solid. I was going to start using it on my hair to see if it would make my hair softer, shinier and more controled because the humidity down here is crazy. My hair is really starting to look frizzy and I hate that look.:ohwell:

Recently I tried going back to grease (I used the Pro-line Coconut Grease) and I didn't like it all. :( I'll stick to the coconut oils. :)

I was just about to go hunting through some threads about shedding. My hair is coming out all over the place everytime I come near it with a comb. I can't keep hair off of my bathroom floor. It's shiny, well moisturized, soft and silky so I couldn't understand what was going on. My scalp is itchy and bone dry though so as soon as I get home I'm going rummaging for something to oil/grease my scalp with.

Thanks to whoever resurrected this post because it was right on time for me.

Recently I tried going back to grease (I used the Pro-line Coconut Grease) and I didn't like it all. :( I'll stick to the coconut oils. :)

Maybe you should try the WonderGro stuff. It's really light and has a lot of good oils in it. I think the Tropical Oils one may have coconut oil in it. It would be the white one if I'm not mistaken....

Back