Ya'll. We need a heavy handed w/ product REHAB!

BeyonceCarter

I'm too damn heavy handed with product. I'm sick of living this way. :lachen:

My hair is pretty thick & MBL, not relaxed so this is how I justify using so much product but still. :nono:

Washed my hair last night, shampoo I used just a little, I know how to make that work since I don't want parched hair.

Time to use my conditioners, I took my brand new bottle of SSI Okra and used half of the 16 oz bottle. That's 8 oz of product. Washed that out my hair was so soft and luxurious, time to DC. I used the entire brand new 9 oz jar of SSI Riche Masque. My hair feels lovely and moisturized now but gatdamnit, those expensive products used like that in one wash! :look:

Help! What are your tips for using less product (specifically conditioners) but still having soft, detangled hair? I need serious help.

I wash my hair in sections. Also, using quality products helps me conserve.

In detail, I wash my hair in six sections. I shampoo and condition each section. Regarding shampooing, sometimes I dilute it in a large plastic cup and just pour it over my hair. Then I massage and rinse each section.

I probably use no more than 2 ounces of conditioner in my hair-- and my hair is extremely thick. Most of my conditioners come in 8 ounce jars and they last at least 3-4 months (I wash 1-2x a week).

Last edited:
I use a pump so that helps me conserve as opposed to scooping the product up or squeezing a pile of it in my hand. Also cutting product with oil helps and sectioning my hair does too.

I section my hair to get the most out of product applications.

It also takes a change in mindset. You won't use less until you feel like you can use less.

I am heavy handed too. I decided to order 7lbs of conditioner base. It was only $67 and I get to be as heavy handed as I want.

I always use too much or too little. I can't figure it out. I even apply in sections.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

I say keep it up your hair seems to like it, so why stop? I too am heavy handed. I use jar of conditioner every time I DC.

I am heavy handed too. I decided to order 7lbs of conditioner base. It was only $67 and I get to be as heavy handed as I want.

I always use too much or too little. I can't figure it out. I even apply in sections.

HanaKuroi I'm heavy-handed, too. Conditioners are my hair's life blood. And my hair thanks me for it.
I say keep it up your hair seems to like it, so why stop? I too am heavy handed. I use jar of conditioner every time I DC.
@Mahogony7

Early in my journey someone started a thread asking members how much conditioner they used and there were people from SL to BSL saying they used no more than 1 - 2 ounces to condition their whole head. I thought something was wrong with me and started trying to do the same. My hair rebeled.....Heavy-handed works for me!

1-2 ounces and my hair would scoff at me. Naw. I like to be generous and make sure every strand is coated and smoothed down with condish. What works for most won't work for me:nono:

I just posted how I'm halfway through my wen after two uses smh

Same with aubrey organics I can only ever get three uses out of those bottles tops :-/

Back