Yall still going to the Dominican salons?

leona2025

I never had a chance to go when they were popping on the board, but I just saw one is 5 minutes from my house and take walk ins. Their blows outs start at $40:look:. I wanted to give it a try.

Yall still going? What do you ask for? How has your hair health been? Please share your good and bad experiences. I plan to go when I get my braids out.

I am natural as well, but I am at a point where I don't ever wear my hair out anymore. I've been in braids constantly and looking for a change. How are the rollersets? I don't really want a flat iron. Maybe just a roller set with big curls.

I am natural as well, but I am at a point where I don't ever wear my hair out anymore. I've been in braids constantly and looking for a change. How are the rollersets? I don't really want a flat iron. Maybe just a roller set with big curls.
TBH if they could’ve made my hair look good with a roller set I wouldn’t have mentioned the part about charging extra to use a flat iron. The problem was that my hair was too kinky for what they were trying to do and they had to know that when they started.

Looking back I needed a blow out and ideally a press to make sure it wouldn’t revert. Maybe a blow out followed by curling my hair. But they roller set my natural hair and then went to blow it out but it was crunchy at that point and the only way to fix it was with a flat iron which they wanted more money for. That’s why I said it seemed like they only knew how to do hair one way.

I still find it hard to believe they take the same approach with every customer. I hope that was just a one-off but it left a bad taste in my mouth and I said never again.

I went once back in the day and my hair looked beautiful, super silky. But I would never do that kind of heat these days. Just too damaging.

Back