Beware Of Dominican Salons!

Glad to know I'm not alone! I tried doing my own hair after my hair broke off badly from braids a year ago. The dominican salon always used lye relaxers and when I tried to do my own hair I used a no lye relaxer and it came out very texlaxed which is why I went back to them. I have very fine 4C hair and I HATE the way they rip through my hair with a comb after rinsing out the conditioner. I went in for a relaxer recently and after she rinsed out my hair she ripped thru my hair with a vengeance combing it even after me telling her not to be so rough. :angry2: I looked in the sink at the hair I lost and it was a BASEBALL size clump of hair. I was speechless!! That's the LAST time i'm going to a Dominican salon. It's like they hate our hair. I refuse to pay someone who refuses to respect my wishes! I'll just have to learn how to apply a Lye relaxer. If you all know of any tutorials please let me know. SMH

Glad to know I'm not alone! I tried doing my own hair after my hair broke off badly from braids a year ago. The dominican salon always used lye relaxers and when I tried to do my own hair I used a no lye relaxer and it came out very texlaxed which is why I went back to them. I have very fine 4C hair and I HATE the way they rip through my hair with a comb after rinsing out the conditioner. I went in for a relaxer recently and after she rinsed out my hair she ripped thru my hair with a vengeance combing it even after me telling her not to be so rough. :angry2: I looked in the sink at the hair I lost and it was a BASEBALL size clump of hair. I was speechless!! That's the LAST time i'm going to a Dominican salon. It's like they hate our hair. I refuse to pay someone who refuses to respect my wishes! I'll just have to learn how to apply a Lye relaxer. If you all know of any tutorials please let me know. SMH

*Hugs*

*takes a picture of the ball of hair for court*

I'm speechless.

You should have got up and left after you'd already warned her, not sit there let her continue until she'd produced a basketball size pile of hair.

I'm speechless.

You should have got up and left after you'd already warned her, not sit there let her continue until she'd produced a basketball size pile of hair.

True! I had no idea that much hair came out. I was pissed off for weeks. She’s usually rough at the shampoo bowl. Lesson learned. Doing my own hair from now on. Period!

Back