Y'all aren't going to like me, but you need to know (14-1)

sunshinelady

I was reading the French directions on my Hawaiian Silky 14-1 moisturizer and it says don't use it on hair that has been straightened (défrisés) or bleached (décolorés). For some reason, the English directions do not say this. Now as far as the "défrisés" part, it may mean that you are not supposed to use it on relaxed hair. It doesn't say why you shouldn't use it on these hair types.

I also saw it has mineral oil in it thing about it is texture my way curl keeper smells just like it and most of the same ingredients and no mineral oil.

I really wanted to like it but after a while it seems to make my hair feel dried out and tangly.

Yeah I hated that stuff too. I was looking at that and S-curl in Sally's and picked up the 14-in-1. Wish I had taken the time to read the French directions first! I always assume that if there's a rave thread on a product, it's worth trying...:nono:

I bought this and put it on my hair after I took down my weave. I'm still trying to see if my hair likes it. I think the natural hair does and my permed hair is not too sure. I put it on my son's natural hair and it was a good thing for him. The jury is still out on it for me and my hair. But it does smell yummy.

I didnt like the way it felt on my hair but it works really well on my dd hair! I didnt want to say anything because I am a newbie and I was afraid that I would get attacked!:hide:

I was ready to love it, but unfortunately I wasn't that impressed. Not to mention, my SO said it made me smell like CVS :lachen:. I now use it as my night time moisturizer only. It had too much glycerin (or something) to be worn during the day for me.

I'm glad to see it's not just me. I wanted to like that stuff so bad because it smells good but it just made my hair crunchy, especially the ends:nono:

So far at 6 weeks post my relaxed hair likes it.
I use it to smooth the front. Apply it and tie down with a scarf.
We shall see how it works as I stretch.

Yeah for some reason it stopped working for me, but I was using it on my ends, but UBH dew spray does a better job.....along with NTM silk touch and jojoba oil....I have a new bottle of HS 14 n 1 haven't been used, I don't know what to do with it........but thanks for the info.....

I use it after I DC, then I seal with EVOO or BB Castor Oil Moisturizer. I'm 7 weeks post and it works for me.:yep:

Let me know what you think. :spinning:

Did nothing for me lol The ingredients are good but it's just like the kids organics shea butter detangling hair lotion lol I made a monster mix though Hairveda Whipped Cream, Giovanni Direct Leave-In Weightless Moisture Conditioner, Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In, & Kids Organics Shea Butter Lotion. Now that stuff all mixed up together is awesome! I put that on and then seal with Hairveda Cocasta and then my own mix of hair oils (Evoo, Evco, Wheatgerm oil, Castor oil, Sweet Almond oil, Amla Extract, Henna Extract, & Lemon Extract.​

Back