Yahoo! I found a way to make my roller sets last!

Re: Yahoo! I found a way to make my roller sets last! Pics added

you hair still look gorgeous after five days. Thanks for the info

It looks very good five days later.

How do you rollerset? Mohawk method?

Do you have pics of the Bantu knots? I still haven't mastered that yet.

I tried it last night but I twisted some of them in a different direction so it looked kinda silly in the back but the front came out nice

Yep, I use bantu knots to hold my waves in from the previous day. I've never used them for holding curly hair. I think I will try that next time.

I've neeeeeeever ever seen a rollerset look this good at day 5!!! good job, woman! i'm going to try this as soon as i gt my touchup.

what color/size rollers did you use for the initial set?

you did a mohawk set?

I use the large pink goody rollers (usually the largest size you can find at Walmart). Then on the ends I used yellow rollers from Sally's. Both come with clips. I did a regular set. I tried the mohawk but I've been rolling under for so long that it feels weird.

I'm so confused. I'm on the lookout for a way to roller set so my hair does not separate at the parts - would you explain this like it's roller setting for dummies? I've been doing the mohawk thing since I was a teen - a new way to set - this is interesting info.

Yeah - this is how I preserve my sets. I wish it WAS this easy to actually do the set. :ohwell:

Cute!
Still looks like a rollerset---my bantu knots look dry frizzy and curl up supper tight :ohwell:

What do you put on your hair before doing the knot? Also, I twist and coil my hair very loosely. I think pulling the hair too tight will stretch out the curl and it will fall too much.

It looks very good five days later.

How do you rollerset? Mohawk method?

Do you have pics of the Bantu knots? I still haven't mastered that yet.
I am going to post some pics of the knots soon. :yep: I don't use the mohawk method. Hmm, I will post pics of my hair in rollers too. It's really random :look: but all the rollers face down.

Absolutely beautiful! ...................and I love the color too!

BB

Thank you! Likewise! :up:
Beautiful Butterfly! You need to do a full tutorial!:yep:

I will definitely add pics of both the set and the knots this week!

You tellin' me that set is 5 days old lookin' that good? Man, you have some lovely hair.

Your hair is so pretty. I too have been trying to get my roller sets to last longer. I just put my hair in a loose pony/bun with satin holder and scarf...my set has been lasting 3 weeks.

Your hair is so pretty. I too have been trying to get my roller sets to last longer. I just put my hair in a loose pony/bun with satin holder and scarf...my set has been lasting 3 weeks.

Wow! :worship2:Spill your secrets! :poke:That's it - just a pony and scarf?

I want to chime in but not hijack....I have been maintaining my rollersets by putting my hair in a very high ponytail (I use one of those ball barrettes so I don't have to drag my hair through an elastic band), smoothing down the length, then using my fingers to roll the ponytail into one big, tight barrel pincurl. I pin it with two long bobby pins and cover it with a hairnet. The next day I release the ponytail holder and I have a giant spiral curl. either comb through or finger comb and the lower 2/3 of my hair is curly curly curly. I fluff the top a little bit for height but I am going to try the bantu knot method to see if I can get an overall curly look.

This was my go to method when I would straighten or set my hair when I was natural. I know this will sound gross but I would put my hair in a few huge bantu knots before going to the gym. I would leave it that way until the next morning and would just fluff. My hair looked good without any extra fuss.

Of course, I would have to wash within 3 days or so because sweat and bantu knots don't mix but it still worked for me. After a while I just dropped the rollers and started using bantu knots for the set and maintenance.

Back