YAAAY!! My Steamer's on its way. Where do you store yours? and other ???s

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
UPDATE: YAAAY!! My Steamer's on its way. Where do you store yours? and other ???s

4/4/11 UPDATE: My steamer died this week. :perplexed I turned it on and it heated up and then suddenly just stopped. I unplugged it and kept trying thinking it would start again but nothing. It's dead. I'm sooooo sad. Now I don't know if I want to buy another one since I only had this one a year and a half and it broke and that's only from using it 2-3 times a month. Oh well, I have some thinking to do.
I ordered my steamer from Salons R Us last week :fan:
And it's due to arrive today. :yay:

ETA: (if you're ordering one from them use the $10 discount code EXOTICMOMMIES)
Isn't that the most WONDERFUL feeling when you come home and there's a package there?? Whether it's clothes, shoes, hair products, etc. that's the BEST feeling ever!! My son is home and I will ring his neck if he misses the FedEx delivery. It's bad enough I checked the tracking Saturday morning and it said it was on the truck for delivery. I got all excited even though I know FedEx doesn't always deliver on Saturdays but silly me held off on washing my hair as long as I could just in case. No steamer arrived so I had to DC the regular old way. :cry:

I have NO clue where I'm gonna store that huge thing because I have no extra closet space as it is but I WILL find a place somewhere. :grin:

Is it collapsible? Where do you all store yours?? In your bedroom, basement?? I don't have a finished basement so I hate going down there and I have absolutely no closet space. If it's collapsible I might find a spot. Just wondering.

Another question, you use this WITHOUT a plastic cap, right? I read of women using a plastic cap but wouldn't that keep the steam out??

Last edited:
Hey, congrats on purchasing a hair steamer! I was excited as heck the day mine came. I keep mine in the bedroom. My other half hates the fact its in there but there's no other place for it to go. Besides, its a nice comfy room to do my steams in.

I steam without the plastic cap. Like you said, otherwise it'd keep the steam away from the hair. (I was first introduced to steams at the salon here in the UK we always steam without a cap on).

Anyway here's to happy steaming - your hair will love you for it.

You're so lucky I want one sooo bad. I swear im going to order one before months end. I hope yours is waiting for you when you walk in the door so you can steam right away. Congrats!

Hey, congrats on purchasing a hair steamer! I was excited as heck the day mine came. I keep mine in the bedroom. My other half hates the fact its in there but there's no other place for it to go. Besides, its a nice comfy room to do my steams in.

I steam without the plastic cap. Like you said, otherwise it'd keep the steam away from the hair. (I was first introduced to steams at the salon here in the UK we always steam without a cap on).

Anyway here's to happy steaming - your hair will love you for it.

Thanks!!! I'm so anxious!! That totally makes sense to NOT use the cap. And so far it looks like I'm thinking of the bedroom also. I really don't want to but I'll have to get rid of an accent table and lamp. But my steamer is more important of course LOL.

You're so lucky I want one sooo bad. I swear im going to order one before months end. I hope yours is waiting for you when you walk in the door so you can steam right away. Congrats!

Thanks!! Girl, just brown-bag your lunch for a few weeks and you'd be surprised how much you save LOL. The total cost was $89 (including delivery). Make sure you use the discount code EXOTICMOMMIES if you order from them.

Congratulations on what will undoubtedly be your new best friend. :drunk: My steamer fits perfectly in our foyer closet. I don't think it collapses but never even looked. I steam with NO cap because I want to feel the steam directly on my head, hair, and scalp. :yep:

I have a walk in closet and my steamer rests in there. I used to store it in my master bathroom, but it takes up space.

It does not collapse-- unless you want to build it ever time you use it.

I steam w/o a cap.

Congrats on your purchase!! You will LOVE your steamer!!

Congrats on the purchase!

Like the other ladies stated, it doesn't collapse. I use to store mine in the basement, but that was inconvinent for me so I store it in a closet upstairs now.

I don't wear a cap. I just pin my hair up with one bobby pin, cover my ears with the little plastic ear covers I get from Sally's and put on my terry cloth headband that I also got from Sallys.

This will take your DCing to a completely new level, you watch and see!!

Hairsnob,

You made a great purchase. I really like using mine and the results are showing in my hair.

My apartment has a kinda neat feature. It has a built in storage room in the apartment itself. My friend uses hers as her home office. Not all the apartments have them-just certain ones. When I 1st got the apartment I was gonna use the room as my makeup/vanity room with wall to mirrors-ya know, the whole 9. But clutter took over and I use it for storage. I keep my steamer there, ready to do it's thing any time.

ETA-I use it without a plastic cap.

Last edited:
You ladies are giving me great ideas. I'm thinking I might be able to clear out a little room in my dining room closet as another option. That way I could use it when watching TV downstairs.

And thanks for letting me know it doesn't collapse too.

And they have ear covers???? That's definitely news to me. I'll be getting them sure enough LOL

I'm afraid to check the tracking info because if it says delivery refused I'll scream LOL.

Yay!!! I'm SO happy for you. And, oh yeah, I LOVE getting packages! The bigger, the better too. :grin: I couldn't wait for my steamer to come in and was SO anxious. But, uh, now that it's here, storage does become a problem. I don't have "extra" storage space. Shoot, even if I had a whole room for storage I don't think I'd have extra storage space. :lachen: So, for now, it moves around. I might have it in my bathroom, in my bedroom, heck, even in the livingroom. I've decided that I'm going to buy one of those folding screens with the picture frames in it, set it up and store my steamer behind the folding screen. But, I do like keeping it accessible because it's so easy to just hop up under it while I'm on my laptop or watching tv or something. It's always ready to go, honey. :lachen:

Oh yeah, and no plastic cap. I do use a hair net to keep my ends high up ontop of my head to get the full benefit of the steam. Otherwise, my hair eventually works its way loose of any clips or pins.

Anyway, njoy!!!

Yay!!! I'm SO happy for you. And, oh yeah, I LOVE getting packages! The bigger, the better too. :grin: I couldn't wait for my steamer to come in and was SO anxious. But, uh, now that it's here, storage does become a problem. I don't have "extra" storage space. Shoot, even if I had a whole room for storage I don't think I'd have extra storage space. :lachen: So, for now, it moves around. I might have it in my bathroom, in my bedroom, heck, even in the livingroom. I've decided that I'm going to buy one of those folding screens with the picture frames in it, set it up and store my steamer behind the folding screen. But, I do like keeping it accessible because it's so easy to just hop up under it while I'm on my laptop or watching tv or something. It's always ready to go, honey. :lachen:

Oh yeah, and no plastic cap. I do use a hair net to keep my ends high up ontop of my head to get the full benefit of the steam. Otherwise, my hair eventually works its way loose of any clips or pins.

Anyway, njoy!!!

Thanks Girlie! A hair net sounds like a good idea because I can see pieces falling down getting on my nerves. This advice is so great.

And I was thinking of getting a folding screen to camouflage my treadmill so maybe I can tuck them both behind a screen. Thanks for the ideas!!

Oh yeah, I just got a text from my son saying it was delivered safe and sound. Wheeew!!!

:circle:

I know how you feel….I ordered a steamer last week ( 2 in 1 with ozone - it also turns into a facial steamer)…I simply cannot wait until it gets here. GO BYE dry hair..hello soft silky moisturized hair!

I know how you feel….I ordered a steamer last week ( 2 in 1 with ozone - it also turns into a facial steamer)…I simply cannot wait until it gets here. GO BYE dry hair..hello soft silky moisturized hair!

You know I was already plotting on how I was going to stick my face up in there and get a facial steam going at the same time LOL.

I store my in my Walk-In Closet in the Master Bedroom along with My Stand-Up Dryer.:yep:

The Clothes are in the spare bedroom closets.:look:

I steam without a plastic cap!

IA w/the other Ladies...It will definitely take your Deep Conditioning Sessions to the next level.

And it will make your Deep Conditioners perform at their optimal levels.:yep:

Anyway, njoy!!!

I'm with you on the storage, and was thinking of folding screen too.

Wow...me too. I ordered mine last Thursday (birthday gift from hubby) I had been wanting one for months and finally its coming anyday. My daughter is in her senior year at college and has moved out, so her bedroom is my new storage area for my hair equipment so my new steamer will be sitting right next to my pibbs 514. I got the distilled water all ready.

aw man, i want one, but we don't have anywhere to put it....i don't even have room for all my clothes in this small @%$ apartment!

oooooooh nice! I am looking to get one myself :yep: how did you get yours for $89? I saw just two models $139 and $119

oooooooh nice! I am looking to get one myself :yep: how did you get yours for $89? I saw just two models $139 and $119

Aw man! Unbelievable, they went up on the price THAT quick!! I just sent the link to somebody two days ago and I know it still said $99 but today it says $119.

I hope the discount code still works at least. That code has been working for over a year so it's probably still good.

http://lclbeauty.com/products.php?cat=9

Wow...me too. I ordered mine last Thursday (birthday gift from hubby) I had been wanting one for months and finally its coming anyday. My daughter is in her senior year at college and has moved out, so her bedroom is my new storage area for my hair equipment so my new steamer will be sitting right next to my pibbs 514. I got the distilled water all ready.

Talk about good timing, my oldest just told me yesterday that he's moving out in a couple of weeks so I'll have his room as my new walk-in closet/storage/salon room :yep:

He moved out before and I put all my shoes and stuff in there and he moved right back in.:wallbash: So I'll be changing the locks this time LOL. :lachen:

aw man, i want one, but we don't have anywhere to put it....i don't even have room for all my clothes in this small @%$ apartment!

I know the feeling. I have a small house but I had to learn to utilize the space and take advantage of vertical storage because I hate to feel cluttered. I just use things that don't LOOK like storage so it's not so unpleasing to look at. You'd be surprised how much space you can add if you put your bed on risers (they're about $10 at BB&B and add up to 7 inches of height under your bed). Then you could store your shoes under the bed in those underbed storage bins or in the boxes themselves. Hopefully that might clear up some space for you.

I've already utilized all those spaces, that's why I wasn't sure of where to put mine :perplexed

I have a tabletop version(Huetiful Hair Steamer) that I keep on the dining room table. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. And I use no plastic cap. Just wanted to HIGHLY recommend a terry cloth headband. You can get them at ULTA, Sallys, etc. This will catch any dripping water, and protect your ears from steam. You are going to LOVE your steamer. I will be using mine today. :yep:

I have a tabletop version(Huetiful Hair Steamer) that I keep on the dining room table. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. And I use no plastic cap. Just wanted to HIGHLY recommend a terry cloth headband. You can get them at ULTA, Sallys, etc. This will catch any dripping water, and protect your ears from steam. You are going to LOVE your steamer. I will be using mine today. :yep:

Thanks, I'm heading to Sally's today to get: a headband, hairnet and the ear things. I'm using it tonight if I don't get back too late. I sat under it for a couple of minutes last night just to see how it worked and and WHOA BABY!! I think that's gonna be heaven when I DC. I can't wait!!

Ok so I been dying to buy a steamer and finally today I just broke down and ordered it, a Huetiful Steamer. Im soooooo excited. And I only spent $45 out of my pocket yaay me. Only because I bought it from Amazon and I happened to have $80 worth of Amazon gift cards. Im soo happy I cant wait until I gets here, should be here some time next week.

Oh and thanks for the suggestions Cutenss I will go pick me up a couple headbands and ear thingys so I can be prepared.

I just purchased one today!!!! And I did NOT see the discount before ordering. Darn it! Btw, I bought the $119 dollar one!

Back