Xylitol

snoop

Has anyone used this topically or have it listed in their product ingredients? It's supposed to have humectant properties, but I don't know anything more than that.

No experience using it topically. I bought some to use as a sweetener and it left me gassy. I think I used too much. Seems ok when I use less but less isn't satisfying. Also using gum and mints for dental purposes. No issues with those.

Have you found any products with xylitol? I'm curious about its humectant properties now.

I use it at home too. The children have xylitol toothpaste and mouthwash, and for the household I have the gum and candies.

I'm curious about it because it's an ingredient that I've seen mentioned on ingrdient lists for the Capillary Schedule, but I don't recall seeing it in products. I'm thinking of buying some and trying it in a hair mask, but I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with it.

I use it at home too. The children have xylitol toothpaste and mouthwash, and for the household I have the gum and candies.

I'm curious about it because it's an ingredient that I've seen mentioned on ingrdient lists for the Capillary Schedule, but I don't recall seeing it in products. I'm thinking of buying some and trying it in a hair mask, but I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with it.
Xylitol is a sugar alcohol that is a unique way to fight the growth of Malassezia, a type of yeast that can grow on the scalp and can lead to symptoms such as dry, itchy scalp and flakes.

Xylitol is a sugar alcohol that is a unique way to fight the growth of Malassezia, a type of yeast that can grow on the scalp and can lead to symptoms such as dry, itchy scalp and flakes.

Have you used these products? If so, how did they work out for you?

Thanks for this!

Xylitol can be found naturally in certain plants and trees such as the birch tree.

I just read something this morning about someone using tree resin for eczema. Birch was one of the trees they mentioned.

I don't have dandruff or dermatitis, but I think that I'll slip a little in my next hair wash just to test it out.

Have you used these products? If so, how did they work out for you?

@chiroro The ingredients list shea butter in the shampoo. :laugh:

Seriously though, I looked at the ingredient list and both the shampoo and conditioner have a lot of acids in them. This was the warning on the conditioner:

Sunburn Alert:​

This product contains an alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA) that may increase your skin's sensitivity to sun. Use a sunscreen and limit sun exposure while using this product for a week following.

I guess they're not meant to be used weekly.

I finally tried xylitol and I added some to my hair mask, last night. I'm not sure if I feel a difference. I'll have to play around with measurements and such to see if it compares to honey.

Back