Wwyd? He'll Only Spend $25 On You.

nerdography

16508806_10154285787202304_2616681309815807487_n.jpg

Depending on my mood and petty level at the moment:

1. Order what I want (making sure it's well over $25). Be very nice to him and encourage his foolishness. On the sly, ask for separate checks. Pay my bill and leave. Block him on all social media and never take a call from him again.

Or

2. Leave.

Depending on my mood and petty level at the moment:

1. Order what I want (making sure it's well over $25). Be very nice to him and encourage his foolishness. On the sly, ask for separate checks. Pay my bill and leave. Block him on all social media and never take a call from him again.

Or

2. Leave.
I'd do something similar. I'd say that's OK I'll pay for mine. Order what I want, then block him for life.

If you don't have the same mentality, I think it works to say "I understand, thank you, and I wish you well," ask the waiter for another table or leave, and enjoy your dinner.

If you like that kind of frugality, maybe ask why to learn more. Maybe? Nah, probably not. LOL. I tried.

Personally, don't bring me to a restaurant and tell me how much my food can cost. Makes me feel undervalued and controlled. Makes me think you are struggling, cheap, and don't recognize that you should go all out to get me. Sets a TERRIBLE precedence. I say this as someone who has learned the hard way.

My best friend met a guy who let her know he was financially strapped. He paid for the first and asked if she could pay for the next. I told her to block him. He doesn't need to be dating right now.

I met a dude like that..he was ALWAYS broke and had no qualms about telling me.
It was such a turn off, I straight up asked him "Why are dating then?" He told me that he still deserved love :giggle:

That you do sir...but not from me.

I have a friend who told me he was going to ask his date to go dutch on the first date because the girl doesn't deserve for him to pay for everything right away. I told him I would pay for my meal and never speak to him again. He was legit confused and didn't understand why? He was a 30 something that still lived at home with his mom and thought he was the prize. He lives on his own now and I'm sure things have changed.

I have a friend who told me he was going to ask his date to go dutch on the first date because the girl doesn't deserve for him to pay for everything right away. I told him I would pay for my meal and never speak to him again. He was legit confused and didn't understand why? He was a 30 something that still lived at home with his mom and thought he was the prize. He lives on his own now and I'm sure things have changed.

With knowing all this are you two still friends? :lol:

Anyone who does this over the age of 21 needs to fade to black until they learn how to act right or get their pockets together. I don't mind a $25 date if we are going for ice cream on a hot summer day. That's it. The end.

Forget 21, some 16 yr olds spend more than that on dates and they have part time jobs because they have school. If you are a grown man working full time and $25 will break your bank, or your mind set is jacked up and you are just cheap, stay home.

I met a dude like that..he was ALWAYS broke and had no qualms about telling me.
It was such a turn off, I straight up asked him "Why are dating then?" He told me that he still deserved love :giggle:

That you do sir...but not from me.

Girl my male coworker I used to work with told me he didn't like spending money while he was dating. He said it shouldn't cost to date someone. He was cheap as hell and his daughter was always the excuse as to why he didn't treat his girlfriend and buy her things. He had been with her for years.

I tried to put him up on game as to why his chick was unhappy but he wouldn't listen. I stopped by his desk to see how his weekend went and he told me they broke up while fighting back tears. Then he ran to the bathroom so I wouldn't see him cry. I just mosied back on over to my desk and sipped my tea.

Girl my male coworker I used to work with told me he didn't like spending money while he was dating. He said it shouldn't cost to date someone. He was cheap as hell and his daughter was always the excuse as to why he didn't treat his girlfriend and buy her things. He had been with her for years.

I tried to put him up on game as to why his chick was unhappy but he wouldn't listen. I stopped by his desk to see how his weekend went and he told me they broke up while fighting back tears. Then he ran to the bathroom so I wouldn't see him cry. I just mosied back on over to my desk and sipped my tea.

Ummmmmmm. She was with him for years?! How does one even get aroused when dealing with a broke man???? He's totally out of order :laugh:

Back