WTH is Lo Lye? Pics of new haircut!

Mizani_Mrs

ok so I went to my friend who is one of the BEST stylists to get my hair relaxed, color rinsed, and layered and i told her I used Mizani regular lye. So after she relaxed me, i noticed she used Design Essentials Lo Lye. What the heck is this? Is it lye or isn't it? :ohwell: My hair feels good, looks good and i love the cut! I don't really like how thin my hair feels now. I guess I went from 2 inches past BSL to actual BSL. I had to get a cut because my hair was too long to style and it wouldn't hold a curl, so i couldnt wear it down like i wanted to.
i guess we'll see in a few months whether this relaxer is good for my hair.

Before Pics:

melnew3.jpg

MelNew1.jpg

TomatoMel.jpg

MelConcert5.jpg

Maybe Lo Lye is a mild version of the lye relaxer like most relaxers come in mild regular and super *shrugs*

You look great before and after, I can't tell that your hair is any shorter

OOOHHHH, well that makes sense! I haven't heard that term before. and I got scared because my edges always break off with no-lye. but Lye Mild is cool. thanks gurl!

Maybe Lo Lye is a mild version of the lye relaxer like most relaxers come in mild regular and super *shrugs*

You look great before and after, I can't tell that your hair is any shorter

Thanks Sis! that's my frenchbraid braid-out! I can't wait to try it with this new cut, i hope it looks good. yea i love full, fluffy hair and this new thin hair is something i'll have to get used to.

I love the big look in the first pictures. Your hair looks great before and after.

Your hair is gorgeous! I have used Design Essentials before and I liked it. I don't think it was the Lo Lye version. You would think the less lye that is in a relaxer may be better for your hair.

Thanks Sis! that's my frenchbraid braid-out! I can't wait to try it with this new cut, i hope it looks good. yea i love full, fluffy hair and this new thin hair is something i'll have to get used to.

I think that's something that happens to freshly relaxed hair. After maybe 2 washes it will thicken up.:yep: How is your baby boy?

Love your hair...its beautiful! My goal is to have BSL hair when its curly just like yours :)

I'm guessing that Lo Lye has lye but not a much as a regular lye relaxer...

yep true! it should thicken up. aww thanks for askin!! He's just as sweet as he wanna be. He's a mama's boy. :yep: here's pics of him 11mos, and current pic at 19mos. :grin:

Daniel9mos.jpg

DanielBeach1.jpg

I think that's something that happens to freshly relaxed hair. After maybe 2 washes it will thicken up.:yep: How is your baby boy?

I use to use D.E. lo-lye w/ Shea Butter. I did a thread on it posting the rep's. explaination of it. I can't find the thread but I remember that she said it works like a texturizer (or I guess you could say mild relaxer.)

My stylist often switched up between that and the time release relaxer depending on what my hair needed. When she would give me streaks, she would use the lo-lye with Shea Butter and when I didn't have color and my hair was it's strongest, she'd use the time release.

I did find a close thread referencing the lo-lye but it isn't the best out there. May have to do a search.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=45019&page=2

Hope it helps some.

No Lye contains Lye, just not as much as a Lye relaxer.

I'm guessing Lo Lye would be inbetween the two.

You hair looks great!

yep true! it should thicken up. aww thanks for askin!! He's just as sweet as he wanna be. He's a mama's boy. :yep: here's pics of him 11mos, and current pic at 19mos. :grin:

Oh my, he is soooo cute. He looks like your husband. Maybe your next child, a girl will look like you. :yep:

Don't ya hate it when those babies come out looking like DH and you did all the work.:perplexed Both of mine look like their dad.:nono:

pretty. i like the results. i think the design essentials low lye contains a combination od sodium hydroxide and lithium hydroxide. i read the ingredients on a website before. i'll try to find it again.

Back