WTF!!! A highly racially offensive wig listing from China on eBay!

Jozze

I was looking for synthetic curly hair for my crochet braids when I came across this:

Long curly wigs natural ******-brown women on eBay (end time 17-Dec-10 17:00:10 GMT)
or see attachment.

How could it be listed like this without anyone at eBay noticing?!?
perplexed.gif

ETA: There are hundreds of listings on ebay with the word ****** included.
:nono:

Attachments

• ******-brown-wig-cropped.jpg
    ******-brown-wig-cropped.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
OMG I was not expecting that word. Oh NO!

ETA: I sent the seller a note. I hope they change that word.

Last edited:
Go to the ad and click on "report"

Reason for report: Listing Policy Violations
Detailed Reason: Other listing policy violations
Additional info: Hateful, discriminatory, etc

Report it to Ebay!

Yeah, I really think it was a lost in translation type of situation that needs to be reported nonetheless...

That is crazy, but the sad thing about it is that you know that their excuse is gonna be, "how can it be offensive if your people call each other it all the time". I personally don't use the word but I constantly hear others using it. Im glad you all reported this because this is terrible!

Yeah, I really think it was a lost in translation type of situation that needs to be reported nonetheless...
I totally agree that's the most likely possibility, but I am perplexed as to where they would find that word to use as a colour description for brown. :perplexed

Here's a screen shot for anyone who missed it.

Attachments

• ******-brown-wig-cropped.jpg
    ******-brown-wig-cropped.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
That is crazy, but the sad thing about it is that you know that their excuse is gonna be, "how can it be offensive if your people call each other it all the time". I personally don't use the word but I constantly hear others using it. Im glad you all reported this because this is terrible!

It doesn't matter who says what to each other in conversation. Slang is not used in formal business language. And slang words that also happen to be racial epithet's aren't allowed in commerce period. If they're too simple to grasp that then they don' need to be engaged in e-commerce. I'm guessing they're not that simple.

Somewhat off topic but a few years ago I was looking in an EnglishSpanish dictionary and the definition for the word n***er was "A Black person". I was shocked at the time but knowing that makes me see how something like this would happen.

Back