• Baggie (whole head)

Votes: 16 5.9%
  • Baggie (ends only)

Votes: 19 7.0%
  • Other: please describe

Votes: 18 6.6%

• Total voters

supasmilez

Wraps!? AKA how do you keep your hair at NIGHT!?

Hey ladies!

I was wondering how you care for your hair at night? I know most of y'all use satin bonnets, scarves, or pillows, but what your 'style' underneathe it all?! Do you wrap your hair at night or 'style' it some other way?

Recently wrapping has felt like too much manipulation and I've been concerned with breakage that the combing may cause.

Last edited:
I do two or three mini-buns then wrap it with one of those Christina wraps. I sleep really wild and those are the only ones that stay on all night.

I chose wrap, but it depends. If I know I want to be cute I usually wrap my hair after a rollerset. When I start doing the heavy moisturizing then I wind my hair into a bun since I generally wear it that way anyway when its greasy.

I guess I would call what I do is pin curl without the Pins :lol:. To get just enough curl for my pony tail or to wear it down, I roll my hair underneath in the back or separate it into two parts and make coils on each side, Like Princess Leah of Star Wars. I then put my satin scarf on and have lots of body for the next day. I use plastic chignons to secure the hair.

I picked baggie ends only, once a week or so I will saturate my hair in conditioner mixed with oil and honey and baggie the whole thing in the morning I rinse then condition again.

Re: Wraps!? AKA how do you keep your hair at NIGHT!?

I wrap it, I usually switch up the direction every other night b/c I dont like my hair all going to one side. I cover it with a satin scarf.

Rarely a loose pony coiled and pinned with a Good Days hair pin, but mostly I wear a bun. I wrap with a large satin scarf and cover with a bonnet. This is the only way I managed to grow my edges and nape to the length of the rest of my hair.

I guess I'm old school because I roll my hair on satin covered sponge rollers that I got from Walmart and then cover with a satin cap. If I'm wearing phony ponies I'll just take my hair down and cover it. Wrapping every night is too much manipulation for me, but sometimes I wrap in the morning to loosen my curls.

For the most part I baggy my ends only (because I bun or phony pony most days) but if I rollerset my hair I sleep using the mohawk method with magnetic rollers

Divine Inspiration said:
Crosswrap, buns, bantu knots, braids

Yep! I cross wrap when I am wearing my hair flat-ironed. It's an easy safe alternative to wrapping.

But when I am bunning, I add a baggie to the ends, cover with my silk scarf and call it a night!

Whats everyones techniques for doing the crosswraps? I suck at this, I dont understand why because it seems like it should be so easy:mad:! Do you pin each side up and leave it there? What do you use to pin it (bobby pins?) and does it leave an indentation when you unwrap?

i tried sylver2 technique---i suck
i tried kandi b crosswrap---i suck
i tried glamourgirl pin curl technique----without the flexi rods (dont have enough hair yet:lol: ) and it worked I section into three horizontal sections and roll under and pin (bobby pin) and throw my bonnet on and it works.

I used to wear my hair pulled back with a bobby pin and a wrap cap and it broke off my edges. I guess when I would move around the friction between my hair and the cap twisting around pulled it out. I have had much more sucess with the bonnett

Since my hair is still growing out the layers....the only thing I "can" do and make it look right is...BUNNIN! I wear a baggie over my bun at night. Then put a satin scarf over my wholehead.

:.Krys.: said:
Whats everyones techniques for doing the crosswraps? I suck at this, I dont understand why because it seems like it should be so easy:mad:! Do you pin each side up and leave it there? What do you use to pin it (bobby pins?) and does it leave an indentation when you unwrap?

I use KhandiB's technique. But I use hair pins. Not bobby pins because those cause breakage but hair pins.

LocksOfLuV said:
Yep! I cross wrap when I am wearing my hair flat-ironed. It's an easy safe alternative to wrapping.

But when I am bunning, I add a baggie to the ends, cover with my silk scarf and call it a night!

That's exactly what I do.

It depends on the style I'm wearing.

Either I will do a mohawk wrap, a regular wrap, bantu knots, or just cover with a sating bonnet.

I baggy my whole head simply because my hair is too short to do anything else right now (I am rocking a twa). I lightly mist some moisturizer all around, then put Dr.Miracles Temple Gro balm on my edges. Then I put an thin scarf around my edges only, and a baggy on my head slightly over- lapping with the scarf. Then a drawstring satin bonnet goes over all of that.

I just sleep on a satin or silk pillow case. If I was wearing my hair down during the day I'll put it into a single braid before going to sleep. If I was wearing my regular bun I'll just sleep with the bun.

:.Krys.: said:
Thanks! What kind of hair pins exactly? What do they look like?

here ya go. I get a big bundle for like 50 cents at the BSS.

moblog_85bd6580c3b01.jpg

Although I voted for rollers... I also braid or twist my hair then I use a scarf or either a satin cap for sleeping in.

Back