WOW! Pin Curls...Who knew!

InJesusName

Ladies I have found a new way to keep my hair looking great without a lot of hassle...pin curls!

I got a roller set last Thursday, and have been pin curling every nite since then and my curls are still rockin! I almost don't want to CO wash tonight because I am going to lose this look.

Usually I wrap roller sets, but I have been trying to avoid brushing. With these, you don't need a brush and you don't have to sleep in hair rollers! I am in love with this new protective style.

I know I keep promising you guys pics. I am still working on my fotki album, but this will definitely be in the gallery.:yep:

Pin curls are surely a lifesaver, ok, maybe just a curl saver then!
I know how you are feeling about not wanting to wash. I haven't washed in a week as of tomorrow because of them! :D :p

I believe in pin curls and always teach my clients how to do them in order to preserve their hairstyle.

balisi said:
I believe in pin curls and always teach my clients how to do them in order to preserve their hairstyle.

Can you pm me a tutorial please.:D Also if you're not too busy can you give a tutorial on how to wrap my hair:D . I'm gonna look you up when I come to GA for the summer.

longhairluva said:
Can you pm me a tutorial please.:D Also if you're not too busy can you give a tutorial on how to wrap my hair:D . I'm gonna look you up when I come to GA for the summer.

Me too because I have tried pincurls immediately after a rollerset and when I wake up the next day, my hair looks like I rolled it with pink sponge rollers. Not cute. :nono:

pincurls are the bomb. They are soooooo easy. Just use your two fingers like they were a roller, all the way up to your scalp. Then secure with a bobby pin or clip. The smaller the section of hair, the smaller (tighter) the curl. The larger the section of hair, you will have less curl.

Crysdon said:
Me too because I have tried pincurls immediately after a rollerset and when I wake up the next day, my hair looks like I rolled it with pink sponge rollers. Not cute. :nono:

Pink sponge rollers...thats funny. My friend has been using pincurls to preserve her hair style and it has been working great for her. I think I will try this once I relax my hair (whenever that's going to be:ohwell: ).

InJesusName,

Girl, I told you that would help. I'm glad your set is lasting you, but if your hair is not itching, or smelly, it won't hurt to go a couple of more days.:grin:

Co-signing on the PIN CURLS!!!!!! I wash my hair 3x a week and rollerset. I maintain my curl on the in-between days by pin-curling! It's great not having to sleep in rollers when I want to keep my curl!

I learned about pincurling on LHCF. BeyondCute has a tutorial in her fotki. The link is http://public.fotki.com/Beyondcute. Open the folder "All about hair", then open the "How To", then you'll see the "How to Pincurl" tutorial.

HTH! Thanks BeyondCute! Pincurling is helping me have a healthier head of hair!

Luvlonghair...

I still have not washed my hair. I can't do it!

Ya'll I am feeling too cute this week:lol: !

Maybe it's time to do a low manipulation thing. This surely beats my little tired, half bald headed buns!:lachen:

:lachen:

Crysdon said:

me too..I wonder what we're doing wrong..:(

I went to a dominican salon. after she took out my rollers, she pin curled it and told me to do that every night. That is the longest my curls ever last... I love pin curls.

InJesusName said:
Ladies I have found a new way to keep my hair looking great without a lot of hassle...pin curls!

I got a roller set last Thursday, and have been pin curling every nite since then and my curls are still rockin! I almost don't want to CO wash tonight because I am going to lose this look.

Usually I wrap roller sets, but I have been trying to avoid brushing. With these, you don't need a brush and you don't have to sleep in hair rollers! I am in love with this new protective style.

I know I keep promising you guys pics. I am still working on my fotki album, but this will definitely be in the gallery.:yep:

thinking out loud (ha...i do that alot)

i wonder if it's possible to use pincurls instead of rollers (btw, my stand dryer was shipped today - can i hear a wooHaa!!?)

think hair would dry smooth or nappditty?

anyone ever try drying their wet hair with pincurls only?

:confused:

mahogany66 said:
me too..I wonder what we're doing wrong..:(

I roll the dry hair with a magnetic roller, then slide the roller out and pin down the curl with hair pins (not bobbie pins). Then I tie my hair down with a satin scarf. Always looks like tight old lady curls...even if i make the sections larger.

I may try it again with roller clips instead of hair pins. Hmmm? I wonder if this will leave a dent in my curls.

I have to co-sign on the pin curls! I have tried them over and over and couldn't get them right and after reading this thread and following some of the steps, I finally got it right! I did it on my freshly shampooed hair and they came out really bouncy and flowing. Yayyyyyy! You ladies rock!

I did them last night, and got a compliment from a co-worker this morning. :)

I had been doing them wrong. Thanks so much OP for starting this thread.

I had my first Dominican blowout yesterday and pin curled my hair when I got home. All I can say is WOW! My curls are so bouncy and nice.

Ok all of your pin curlers, how do you keep your pin curls from being flated where sleeping. I have been trying pincurling and my curls are not coming out right in some places.

Also, are clips or hair pins better to use.

I begin my pincurls by coiling my hair around my finger tip. Then I gently remove the coil from my finger and continue rolling until I get to my scalp and just pin in place with one large bobby pin. The smaller the curls you want the more pin ups you do. I usually just try to mainting a loose curl so I may do 4-5 pin ups. Good Luck pinning!

So I just pincurled my hair in an attempt to preserve my rollerset.

Hopefully in the morning I won't look like an extra from 'Roots.' :(

Back