WOW! I love her Length! (This inspiration was SO needed)

I agree too. It's weird that we come on these threads for support only to find that we're still being judged. I'm a thin-haired APL sista and it's sad to know that if i wore my hair straight, some women would be like "so what if her hair is long, it's so thin and blah". :ohwell:

For real, though! My hair is also thin. I do everything right and guess what... it is still thin. My mama's hair is thin, too, so I guess I come by it honestly. Probably always will be thin-haired so I guess I should crawl under a rock and die according to some folks. :look:

As for our little girl's attitude, she doesn't strike me as particularly stuck up, just young and sheltered and not very in tune with what possibilities lie around her. It's a disease many teenagers suffer from! Cut her some slack. In her circle of friends she probably is the only one with hair longer than chin length.

One day she may come here, get her feelings hurt, and move on... possibly to hip length hair so thick you can braid a rope out of it. :yep:

If this chick was using all the potions, conditioners and Low mani techniques we are using here, she would be WL in no time

Not everyone has thick hair, she was talking about some of the techniques that she thinks help grow out her hair. I know so many people with a similar regimen to her that have chin length hair. She is proud of her hair, why shouldn't she be?

Thanks OP for posting, its nice to see some people with simple regimens that are getting the length

OT: Love your avatar. I have all the books, the DVD, and can't wait until Nov. for 'New Moon' the movie.

I love her personality! She is way more down to earth than this "other girl" y'all posted who had nice hair. She seems like a real sweet girl who is humble and has a good head on her shoulders. I'm so glad she is not a youtube ho!

she's in high school! LOL! and honestly even if she is a little stuck up about her hair she's forgiven because of her age and because of the fact that she posted the video to help people for better or for worse
that's sweet of her
and for people that are ignorant about african american hair; (most people) she has very long hair
I don't mean to be judgmental.
I think it's great that people in this forum are not impressed by her hair! It's so great that so many people here have longer thicker hair!! Not to bash her but that;s awesome! When I was in high school, or actually forget high school just a year ago, I would have been thoroughly impressed by her hair and I would have thought she was a diamond in the rough! how sad!! what a sad state of ignorance I was in up until very recently! I'm so GLAD I looked at her hair and I wasn't impressed because I've seen more potential for african hair. (again I have to stress that I am not bashing her)
I hope the knowledge we have at lhcf is spread and that in the future god willing it is most people that are knowledgeable about our hair and NOT ignorant and that people won't be impressed by this girl's hair (not to bash her at ALL, God bless her, she's adorable with really nice hair)
that's what we should be aspiring to
we shouldn't see ourselves as a minority with the secrets, we should spread the word, which I KNOW all of you do already with your wonderful blogs and websites and fotki albums that have helped me so much
I know I'm rambling, but discovering the "black hair world on the internet" made so emotional
just a year ago I would not have imagined seeing anything like this; all the blogs websites, forums, people with such long hair
ok I'm gonna stop now

and to top it all off, I like her hair
I prefer thicker hair but I understand some people just have thin hair

I don't think her hair looks that bad. It is thin but, it doesn't look bad... She has another video thats called new hair cut, and her hair looks much better in that video.

Her hair may night be the longest hair I have ever seen but it is still long by a lot of peoples standards.

She seems like a sweet girl just trying to share what works for her..

Thanks for posting.:yep:

Back