Wow, hairpins DO make a difference!

Ebonygurl00 said:
Lkaysgirl: Are your bobby pins thick? Mine are thick, I could see where they were "cutting" my hair where I put them in. Hair pins are thin, so they don't cut the hair. I can't even feel them!

Oooh! I get it now. Yes, my pins are thick and fit sort of tight when I get them in. Sad thing is, I used to think the thicker and bigger, the better. I wish I read this thread before I went to sally's yesterday. I'll just have to make a detour on my way home from school. Thanks.

determined_to_grow said:
Ebony - I bought hair pins today (and a whole bunch of other stuff)!!!! I used it to set my hair for church and I lOVED it... Thanks girl ;)

Yay! I'm so glad they worked for you! They're great!

Lkaysgirl said:
Oooh! I get it now. Yes, my pins are thick and fit sort of tight when I get them in. Sad thing is, I used to think the thicker and bigger, the better. I wish I read this thread before I went to sally's yesterday. I'll just have to make a detour on my way home from school. Thanks.

I used to think the same thing! That's why I was using roller pins, too. Hope they work out for you!

I second everyone who mentioned the Good Hair Day pins. I'm sure it depends on your hair type/weight and the style you're trying to acheive as to how effective they will be for you. But they really helped me to maintain healthy hair when I wore daily buns. Before I switched to Good Hair Day pins I experienced lots of small broken strands that no doubt increased how long it was taking me to reach my hair goals. I just picked some up today at Sally's.....

:grin: 3 days til I take out my 18 months of sew-in/braided styles and begin wearing my own hair!!!! Yea! I'm soooo excited. :yay: :creatures :bouncegre :rofl:

Back