Would you wear a satin bonnet out in public?

AW naw, she is wrong. If I have to run out and my hair is not done I wear a nice scarf that matches or one of my head wraps. The bonnet is no no. :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Nah...I'm a teacher...couldn't do it EVEN IF I wanted to...I see my students and their parents everywhere!

I don't ever see myself wearing a satin bonnet outside of home. :nono:

This must be a new trend or something b/c I see a lot of females wearing them outside of their homes these days.

I kid you not, I was in the supermarket a few days ago and there was a family of females who were wearing them and house slippers.

NO, NEVA EVA EVA!! I see them on chickenheads here in Philly all the time- well not as much as I used to. Can you believe they actually would get a bonnet that matched whatever they were wearing that day like it's part of their outfit?? It's such a mess to see it and I just want to run up to them and rip it off of their heads :nono:

Yep, I can believe it! I've seen the color coordinated bonnets, too.

I've not ever heard of bonnets matching clothes, that is a new one. :lachen::lachen:

I did use to keep one in my car for the walk to nursing school from the parking lot (it was a long walk) for those humid mornings, but I was usually under an umbrella. Now that I am natural, I doubt I'd do it.

It's true. Just today I saw a girl driving in her dar wearing a black bonnet with white ruffles around the edges.

It has to be a new style. I was driving through the hood.

It was not cute. :nono:

I've not ever heard of bonnets matching clothes, that is a new one. :lachen::lachen:

I did use to keep one in my car for the walk to nursing school from the parking lot (it was a long walk) for those humid mornings, but I was usually under an umbrella. Now that I am natural, I doubt I'd do it.

You'd be surprised! I've seen them coordinated in a variety of colors, including lime and hot pink. :lol:

I didn't click in this thread because I thought it was a joke...but OMG. No. I just think that certain things should remain inside the home & are not for public viewing. I can deal w/ a scarf, a wig, or a cap/hat, but the hair bonnet:nono:

I don't ever see myself wearing a satin bonnet outside of home. :nono:

This must be a new trend or something b/c I see a lot of females wearing them outside of their homes these days.

I kid you not, I was in the supermarket a few days ago and there was a family of females who were wearing them and house slippers.

:down::down::down::down::down:

Back