Would You Guys Try This Process? (Naturals, Stretchers)

Her results are amazing. The hair is so shiny and silky. Have you tried it, too? Is this similar to a Dominican blowout?

What exactly is it? I mean I blowdry and flatiron. There's always a chance it won't revert but I refuse to be a prisoner to my hair. She has gorgeous hair though :yep:

I think this is that milstan feather flat iron. They call it "thermal relaxing" on their videos and these results seem similar.

For those gorgeous results, I would try it at least once. :yep: Her hair came out gorgeous! I would worry about heat damage though, but I would try it.

ETA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJXCnUbmuww

Last edited:
If this is what I think it is, as far as I know, it's permanent. A couple friends of mine had Japanese Thermal relaxers and they have to re-do it every couple of months just like a chemical relaxer. And if you want your natural hair back, you have to grow it back out again. So no, I wouldn't do it. That's if it's what I think it is.....

This is something a friend of mine posted on facebook. Here's the link: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2732158&id=7925202

She calls is thermal relaxing. It looks like a blowout/flat iron. The results are nice, but do you guys think it could potentially be damaging or hurt reversion?

I've never heard of it but I would try it. Can you post your results if you get it done and let us know what is involved in the process. Is she in DFW...I would take the 3 hour ride for my daughter to get hers done as well. Thanks for the post.:yawn:

There were some threads on it earlier; but basically, yep. Stick it in an oven and go to work.

I remember some ladies saying that they would try it with a temp controlled over, which I thought was a good idea. :yep: I think someone even ordered one.

Wow. Im definitely ordering it. The website offers instructional classes but its in Chicago. Maybe they have places in NY that show u how to use thermal straightening irons.

I change my mind. It really is just marcel tongs. It's really hard to control the heat of those things so that's a no :nono:

:lachen:

I swear, folx aren't going to be satisfied until they burn every last strand of hair out of their heads in the search for silky smoothness. And this is coming from someone that's been relaxed and texlaxed since the 70s.

I know there are lovely long haired ladies who use pressing combs successfully. Are they using an oven or an electric comb? I wonder if he plans on making an electric version? If I was natural I would definitely do this for a special occasion.

hey ladies, im back. The girl in the pic isnt my friend, in fact, i dont know her. I just know the girl who's doing her hair. I just wanted to clear that up.

Im going to ask her what all it is, she jsut put the album up, so i havent gotten to chat with her about it.

I personally wouldn't do it because it looks like way too much heat. So much so that Im scared my hair wont revert. If i can get it straight enough with my flat iron, this isn't necessary. My relaxed friend asked about it and I told her she shouldn't. I ould only suggest naturals do this and 3 times a year at the max. I think this is too harsh for relaxed hair IMO.

Im going to go out on a limb and say its a very strong, heated blow dryer then either a marcel type flat iron or some kind of other flat iron that reaches high heat. I get heat damage as it is and with this, I'd need to just BC and start over. This looks like itll cause a bunch of breakage

The results are beautiful though.

I would expect my hair never to revert if it went through the process in that YT video.

With that said, both the FB lady's hair and the little YT girl's hair came out very nicely. I've seen naturals achieve the swanging straight look using a regular flat iron and good technique though.

Last edited:
I just spoke to this guy who is the owner and creator of this iron.

He said to leave the hair a little bit damp, use shea butter and then flat iron. This is what gives that incredible shine being seen on the ladies and the little girls hair, it isn't just the feather iron doing this.

Got into a little heated argument with him because he said once I use this I would never want to be natural again because being straight was more versatile than being natural.

He also explained that Kinky was a termed used by whites and is a negative word, black hair even the most textured hair is really just very very curly.

I guess him being the owner he was trying to sell the product ,but if ya'll know me I will research something to death, even if I don't want to try it because I like to know stuff. This one had me curious and the fact that he is almost in my backyard.

So if anyone purchases this please know that your hair will need to be a little damp, he did not recommend that you blow dryer on a fast, high heat setting using a comb attachment. He said medium speed and a seperate comb or bush should be used.

I believe he is dropping the price even futher until the end of the month so you may want to call and see what the price is now.

From what I gathered looking it up it's permanent. There is a chemical in the conditioner that restructers the bonds of your hair from it's curl texture to straight. It's then reinforced by heat (blow drying, flat ironing, etc.)

To me it shoulds like a short-cut of a perm :ohwell:

Then why would it say "no chemical"? :perplexed

I definitely think there's no chemical action going on here, since the selling point is the iron itself. Now the FB girl hawking her business might, but I don't think that's the catch to the iron.

Back