Would You Go On A First Date... to the Mall?

Would you go a first date to the mall

• Why not!

Votes: 20 36.4%
  • H*llz no!

Votes: 35 63.6%

• Total voters
Miss Brown you're killing me:lachen:You sound JUST like my best friend!

I'm supposed to be studying, so I'll give you the cliffs notes version.

I met a cute guy at work 2 months ago, he's been trying to talk to me ever since. Finally gave him the number a few days ago becaue he seemed nice and respectful.

We agreed to get together tomorrow when I finish school. Tonight on the phone I asked where exactly we were going to go since he suggested we do something in his area (I'm still new to the city). I wanted to make it clear that I was NOT going to his home.

Then he tells me, the mall..............:look: That was me on the phone, I was so utterly flabbergasted that I was at a complete loss for words. He was like, hello? hello? Anyway, I told him I might not be able to make it, and that I would let him know tomorrow.

He doesn't have a car, and I don't know anything about his financial situation except that he is still finishing up school (business) and he works security.

Either way, I think the mall is a very un-creative and juvenile idea for a first date...

I agree. He might be trying to attain better things in his life right now but at the present he's not doing well in the romance department.

Update:

So, after reading the responses here I decided to find out what exactly he planned to do at the mall before I flat out said, no (thank-you :)).

I called just before class, and he said we could just walk around etc, I later found out that the mall has NO movie theatre as I had wrongly assumed. When I told him I wasn't feeling that idea he suggested that we go to his house and chill instead :rolleyes:......

After all that was vetoed he said that he would come up with a better idea and text me with it while I was in class. I hung up and promptly added his number to the list of "Do Not Answers" in my phone.

I just got a text asking for a raincheck because of the weather and saying he'll call me later on. Mmmhmmm.
Another one for the Loser Files ladies... Next, please! :lachen:

Good for you Kisses!

The vibe wasn't right for me in the first place, because I'm thinking that if he wanted to go to a movie, coffee house or restaurant in the mall, he would've just said the name of the place and not just "the mall."

Say, "Let's go to P.F. Chang's at the So-and-So Mall," not, "Let's go to the mall."

Oh, and I bet he'll be 36 and still saving for that house too! :lachen:

Update:

So, after reading the responses here I decided to find out what exactly he planned to do at the mall before I flat out said, no (thank-you :)).

I called just before class, and he said we could just walk around etc, I later found out that the mall has NO movie theatre as I had wrongly assumed. When I told him I wasn't feeling that idea he suggested that we go to his house and chill instead :rolleyes:......

After all that was vetoed he said that he would come up with a better idea and text me with it while I was in class. I hung up and promptly added his number to the list of "Do Not Answers" in my phone.

I just got a text asking for a raincheck because of the weather and saying he'll call me later on. Mmmhmmm.

A toast to you Kisses and that bullet you dodged.:grin: He was getting worse and worse everytime you updated and you hadn't even went out with him yet!:nono:
Dont even bother with him.....even if you're bored!

Update:

ha! He probably wanted you to come to his house to play video games.

ha! He probably wanted you to come to his house to play video games.

Or expected OP to bring the movie or look at his startling collection of ghetto movies.....complete with a collector's edition of ScarFace while he feels her up.

Or expected OP to bring the movie or look at his startling collection of ghetto movies.....complete with a collector's edition of ScarFace while he feels her up.
Ok?:lachen::lachen:

Reason number one that I won't go to the home of a dude that I don't know.

Update:

Oh heck NO! :lachen:Walking around the mall with a man on a first date is bad enough, but walking around the mall with a BROKE MAN? Was he going to bring a lunchbox full of snacks? Or was he going to "treat" you to the foodcourt? Girl, good for you for knowing you deserve better!

Yes this guy is lame-O.

But, my initial response, depending on the situation would be yes to a date at the mall. THe situation being if you are meeting someone for the first time, like a online date. Most malls have at least one decent restaurant or a decent restaurant nearby. And then if you are feeling him some more why not walk and talk....

Ri-damn-diculous. :nono:

Hell no, he couldn't take me to no friggin mall.

I'm finding that these dudes out are straight up LAZY and don't wanna put forth any real effort into a woman they're interested in and this to me is just another sorry *** example of that. They want all the perks without doing any of the work.

I'm finding that these dudes out are straight up LAZY and don't wanna put forth any real effort into a woman they're interested in and this to me is just another sorry *** example of that. They want all the perks without doing any of the work.

THANK YOU!! So many men are lazy and don't want to even TRY to court you. They want to jump straight into sex and home cooked meals.:nono:

WHATEVA NEGRO.

Would I go on a first date at a coffee shop? Sure.

Would I go on a first date to a museum? Sure.

Would I go on a first date by strolling through the park in the spring or summer? Sure.

Would I go on a first date to the mall?

Eh. Not likely.

And it's not because it's a cheap date. I don't mind cheap dates, and actually find them more fun and laid back than more expensive dates at times.

It's because this kind of date doesn't really demonstrate much thought. The other dates do.

On the one hand, sure, you can have conversations about clothes and stuff you find in the mall, but, it's not really an intimate or thoughtful date.

Where you going on a date to the movies that was in the mall? or he just wanted to take you on a date to the mall? Who does that? Even when I was 16 that still wouldnt be considered a date, unless he was taking me shopping :look:

Yes this guy is lame-O.

But, my initial response, depending on the situation would be yes to a date at the mall. THe situation being if you are meeting someone for the first time, like a online date. Most malls have at least one decent restaurant or a decent restaurant nearby. And then if you are feeling him some more why not walk and talk....
I hear you... I can't say anything about the online thing because I don't do that, but I could see how a mall would be a safe meeting place.

But still, if a guy is persistently asking to get to know me and I relent than I need him to come with at least a little bit of game!! Restaurants, museums, cafes, theatres.. they're all public! Walking around a crowded teenage hang-out spot just does not cut it for me:nono:

THANK YOU!! So many men are lazy and don't want to even TRY to court you. They want to jump straight into sex and home cooked meals.:nono:

WHATEVA NEGRO.

:amen:

It's a sad world out here for the single women!! :look: What makes it even worse is that there are many women who actually will put up with this mess!! :wallbash:

Ri-damn-diculous. I like that..LOL!

:lachen:I hear you... in his defence though, he is in the process of buying a home.

Ya I bet! That is probably something he just tells women for an excuse for being so cheap! LOL Don't get me wrong there are some pretty nice fancy malls out here but as you stated he doesn't have a car so that is already a strike against him. Then with the update...the mall has no movie...so wtf! Then as an alternative he chooses his spot...Oh he had that planned out. He knew the mall was a lame *** idea and that you would probably say no...so the comeback was his place so he could try and get some free booty out da deal....can we say NEXXXXXT!

Last edited:
Would I go on a first date at a coffee shop? Sure.

Would I go on a first date to a museum? Sure.

Would I go on a first date by strolling through the park in the spring or summer? Sure.

Would I go on a first date to the mall?

Eh. Not likely.

And it's not because it's a cheap date. I don't mind cheap dates, and actually find them more fun and laid back than more expensive dates at times.

It's because this kind of date doesn't really demonstrate much thought. The other dates do.

On the one hand, sure, you can have conversations about clothes and stuff you find in the mall, but, it's not really an intimate or thoughtful date.

totally agree. the date doesn't have to cost alot. i would love a date to the museum, even if entry is free. but the mall... :look:? you're right; it shows no thought and seems lazy. there is nothing of interest there either, imo.

Back