Would you ever use a heat protectant WITH WATER while flat ironing?

Would you ever use a heat protectant CONTAINING WATER while flat ironing?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

SleepyJean

Hello people! Would you or have you ever used a heat protectant containing water while flat ironing. I've always been told that it was BAD to do this. I always thought it would sizzle and potentially break off your hair. Don't sillicones dissolve in water? May you please explain to me why you do this? How did your hair turn out? Were there any bad long term effects?

Last edited:
Hello people! Would you or have you ever used a heat protectant containing water while flat ironing. I've always been told that it was BAD to do this. I always thought it would sizzle and potentially break off your hair. Don't sillicones dissolve in water? May you please explain to me why you do this? How did your hair turn out? Were there any bad long term effects?

your suppose to use the heat protectant while blow drying and it will still be in your hair while flat ironing, theres no need to respray and no no sizzles :yep:

your suppose to use the heat protectant while blow drying and it will still be in your hair while flat ironing, theres no need to respray and no no sizzles :yep:

Thank you for answering!

Seriously? It will still be on your hair. I tend to be heavy handed with heat protectants. I am afraid of heat damage. I am really trying to stop, though. Thank you for your advice!

Thank you for answering!

Seriously? It will still be on your hair. I tend to be heavy handed with heat protectants. I am afraid of heat damage. I am really trying to stop, though. Thank you for your advice!
yep if u put enough then you wont have to re apply
pinkskates uses the hot comb and she uses aveda brilliant heat protectant and her hear looks great after no damage
just spray blow dry then flat iron:yep:

Back