Would you be offended if.....

bludacious

...you had a dandruff problem and a good friend bought you a hair products care package for your birthday? Say Nexxus Dandrrest shampoo and a few other hair products to go along with it (A hair care package basket)

Or, would you take it as a friend who is looking out?

I would see it as looking out... If I were the gift giver I would probably either verbally or in a card tell the friend why I was giving the gift :D

bludacious said:
...you had a dandruff problem and a good friend bought you a hair products care package for your birthday? Say Nexxus Dandrrest shampoo and a few other hair products to go along with it (A hair care package basket)

i don't think so ... if they told me first and then said sweetly.... I bought you this .. LOL

But I'm not sure if that should be a birthday gift ( might get offened) .... unless they are into hair care stuff...

Yes i would be offended that is like buying me toothpaste because my mouth....... Ask her first

I have a dandruff problem and yes I would be offended. Why would you wait until my b-day to give me something like that as if it's a joke or something.

I don't know how to explain it maybe you understand what I'm trying to say lol

I agree w/those that have said they I may not give it as a birthday gift. I should have included that in the original response... But I think it is a nice gift/gesture to look out for a friend in case they dont alreay know its a problem...

A friend(Co-worker) of mine received some type of hair care package for her birthday(co-worker's throwing birthday party). She has a dandruff package. She had a certain look on her face as if, "What are you trying to say?" I could tell her feeling were hurt. She asked me should she offended or not? By me knowing she has a dandruff problem, I didn't know how to answer her! I didn't want to be a mess starter and say, "Girl, I would be offended by that!"

bludacious said:

Knowing the people I hang out with, I would be greatful that they were trying to keep me looking my best! :grin:

carletta said:
I would only give it to her when we were alone ( no embrassment )

I think she was upset because the co-worker who gave it to her is also a friend outside of work. I think if she had gave it to her outside of work, she would have felt better. I just didn't know what to say to her when she asked if I would have been offended. I am friends with them both!

bludacious said:
I think she was upset because the co-worker who gave it to her is also a friend outside of work. I think if she had gave it to her outside of work, she would have felt better. I just didn't know what to say to her when she asked if I would have been offended. I am friends with them both!

Maybe it would have been better if she made it part of a sap package instead.
Butter her up by saying the whole line was a fantastic way to unwind. You truly do need to know how your friends would react to things and also know how to master timing!:ohwell:

I would have been more embarrassed than offended if such a gift were given to me at my birthday bash and I opened the gifts in the presence of others. It would also depend on how tight our friendship is.

It depends. I would get offended if it was some Head and Shoulders LoL. Now if I had already talked about the dandruff problem and it was some product that I really wanted to try but didn't want to spend the money on it I would think she were trying to help.

sillygurl18 said:
It depends. I would get offended if it was some Head and Shoulders LoL.

:lol: LMAO! That would be awful if someone did that :rofl:

Anyways I would be offended. I think most hygiene issues are too delicate to mention unless you are a close friend. Even then its touchy.

OT: But it baffles me when people dont notice these thing about themselves..bad breath, dandruff, crusty lips etc etc..i dunno.

bludacious said:

Personally, I wouldn't be offended at all. In fact I would see it as a friend wanting the best for me. Not to talk of getting "good quality" products for free, therefore saving my own pockets. :yep:

Besides I love trying out new bodycare and hair products, personally I would be over the moon.

ETA: I would ask my friend if they were trying to tell me something (in a joking fashion of course);)

Last edited:
I dont think I would be offended at all. But I'm not really thin skinned either. So ladies I will accept any haircare baskets you would like to send me. I have fine hair =...

Back