Would u buy a HAIRDO PILLOW?!?!!?

envybeauty

I got this by email today. Clink on link to see it. I don't know how to copy it to paste in this thread.

THIS IS NOT MY PRODUCT!~~~~

----------------------------------

MY HAIRDO PILLOW IS THE SOLUTION TO MAINTAINING A FRESHLY STYLED HAIRDO WHILE ALLOWING FOR A COMFORTABLE, HEALTHY NIGHTS SLEEP
Invented for Black Women by a Black Woman

My Hairdo Pillow
Birmingham, AL (BlackNews.com) - Black women spend a fortune having their hair styled every week to maintain a salon perfect hairdo. They look great walking out of the salon, but maintaining that just styled perfection requires nights of uncomfortable, unhealthy sleeping positions and mornings trying to restyle the areas that inevitably get flattened. Ann Denson-Willis had spent one too many mornings gorging on coffee and painkillers to make up for the lousy nights sleep and bursitis in her elbow she'd gotten trying to avoid messing up her hair, so she took the problem to task ultimately creating My Hairdo Pillow.

"I'd had enough. I used to get my hair done every Thursday and if I wanted my fabulous style to last at least the weekend, I had to sleep in creative (awkward and always uncomfortable) positions. I'd wake up with aches and pains, rarely got a good night sleep and inevitably ruined my hairstyle within a day of having spent a fortune at the salon. I was desperate to ease my pain and save my mane. I knew sleeping on my elbow worked best to preserve my style, so I started playing around with a rolled up towel and different ways of bending and securing it. With the help of a company in New Mexico, I built a soft, fleece covered, flexible foam prototype with an adjustable strap that would eventually become My Hairdo Pillow."

Designed with the elbow and arm in mind, the unique shape of My Hairdo Pillow mimics the natural sleep position, comfortably cradling the face, chin, neck and shoulder. Users are able to maintain their salon hair style, while awaking refreshed and renewed. Time spent correcting "bed head" is minimized and users often require fewer salon maintenance visits because My Hairdo Pillow allows curls relax in place rather than unravel or dishevel.
My Hairdo Pillow has been evaluated by Birmingham, AL Chiropractor Morgan Wood, who feels that "the therapeutic design of My Hairdo Pillow supports the head and neck for a proper sleeping posture." Additionally, because the ear can fit in the cavity formed by the pillow, hearing aid wearers can sleep comfortably with their devices in place avoiding the feedback or ringing that often keeps them from sleeping safely with their hearing aids on.

My Hairdo Pillow comes in soft and firm density and can be purchased online for $39.99 plus shipping. Wholesale pricing is available. For more information or to purchase My Hairdo Pillow, contact .... or visit www.myhairdopillow.com

No I wouldn't. Silk scarf is important and they look uncomfortable. The women look like they aren't comfortable either. Eyes wide open, smiling...ugh that's not how I sleep.

Damn, That's a good idea. Why didn't I think of that "Big Idea Moment".

I need to get on my brainstorming pronto. I've got some ideas that I'd like to bring to life.

Why does she have a lady with a TWA as a selling point, she could sleep on rocks and her do wouldn't be messed up.

As far as the pillow, I can do that with my current pillows, I don't see how it would work, nice idea though.

Why does she have a lady with a TWA as a selling point, she could sleep on rocks and her do wouldn't be messed up.

As far as the pillow, I can do that with my current pillows, I don't see how it would work, nice idea though.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

i was thinking the same thing!

and what if you sleep all over the place? :look:

I am not trying to knock down any sistas game but why not say its a freakin pillow. She got these TWA people doing a testamony that there has was not messed up. Um...sister did I miss something? What hair is there to mess up. What about the sister that said that she no longer has a crook in her neck and has stopped going to the chairopractor. (the lying winch). I wouldn't buy that but might have considered a sista for support, but I am not buying it just because you lied.

hecky naw. looks like a waste to me. and I'm all for supporting my sistas as well but this looks just like the neck pillow I own. it could of at least had satin lining for that price. I'm waiting for a product that allows you to sleep in rollers. then I'd be impressed. until then, I'll take that $40 and use it on something more constructive... like a maxiglide :grin:

I thought about it....
Maybe if the pillow was shaped like one of those hemorrhoid donut pillows I would buy it.

ETA:
Or maybe I should just buy a hemorrhoid donut.

I think that maybe I will do like you because I know that I will not have it in Belgium .

maybe for folx who where those bug ugly ghetto "hair show" worthy styles :look:.

Where do your arms go?

Last edited:
Um....nope. I wouldn't buy this. It looks like a travel pillow to me.

The idea is great. But it needs more work.

Last edited:
I don't think this pillow would do me a justice, it's not Platinum Proof:

1. I toss & turn at night. The only thing that stops this is when DH put his arms around me.

2. I sleep with my mouth open most of the time and drool when I'm getting really good sleep (don't laugh, I'm sure most of you do it too).:spinning:

I agree with one of the other posters. For that price, give us Satin Hairdo Pillows. I would love to support Sistas but it's too expensive. BTW, who goes to bed wearing makeup?

nope!

I wouldn't buy it. I agree that it looks like a regular ole travel pillow. Big ups to the sista for doin her thang tho!

But, I'll just continue to 'sleep cute' on my own rolled up pillow if I wanna preserve my do.....

Okkkk, so I'm a natural twa sistah ova here and all I have to say is...um, NO! What style am I protecting...I can see if ol' girl had some coils on that dome, she didn't even have the classic fingerwave. Right on to all our sistahs who're trying to do da d/amn thang but dogg, this one is a hype. Even b4 my cut it, um...that's why I have a squish pillow (origally purchased for my flight back 2 Saudi but found another use 4 it) if I wanted to save a do or I'd sleep cute (forehead in the pillow) on my reg. pillow.

ITA with StellaB,
A pillow doesn't stop a person from have'n back aches...headaches...crooks n da neck...okay wait a minute, maybe it does Help prevent the crook in the neck a little, or maybe I just love the way my pillow feel curled under my neck and arm at night.:grin: okay yah, I'll admit it, it's a habbit, for now on I'll only curl my pillow under my night sumtimes...:lachen:

Ooo let me stop this post is sounding like pillow therapy!:lachen::grin::lachen: lmao

...ummm--NO. But now that y'all have mentioned it, I am getting DH's airplane pillow out of the closet--for FREE. I just have to wrap it with satin or silk.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yeah, the same can be accomplished by folding a pillow in half or bundling up a blanket to use as a pillow.

Back