wool scarf....badd!!

asummertyme

ladies bware~
i had on my stylish wool scarf today, and it was on for almost the whole day...when i took it off a while ago, it tried to eat the nape of my hair up!! my hair was notted up with the wool ahirs intertwined.....i cant believe it, now what am i supposed to do about a scarf?????

Yep, my stylist told me about how bad this is last winter. My scarf is cashmere and I still don't trust it!!
nono.gif
I guess the best thing to do is either wear a leather coat (no scarf though!!) all winter & freeze your butt off, or wear your hair up all winter!!!
crazy.gif

I think some people sew silk onto one side of their scarf; maybe you can even buy them that way???
look.gif

When I was a kid my we were always warned about wool scarves eating up your hair. What I use now, every day of the cold winter is to wear a polyester or silk scarf on my neck for warmth and to protect my delicate neck hairs. The warmth is just as good as a wool scarf. Yesterday I was in my local dollar store and they had the most gorgeous polyester scarves for a dollar!!!! There were beautiful prints. This is not the first time I have found nice scarves in the dollar store. They will protect your nape hair from rough wool coats. These could also be used to tie up hair at night.

I bought a bunch of large polyester scarves from a beauty supply, and they work great in cold weather. The designs are so beautiful, and I wanted to wear them as headwraps, but I haven't quite got the hang of it. I do know that they work well to keep your neck & head warm.

Yes, I agree. The silk or silk-like polyester scarves are great for winter.

I'm thinking if I'm ever out in the snow (like walking from indoors to the car) you can sort of pull it up over your hair to protect it.

Geez...do we love our hair, or what...
grin.gif

heck yeah we love our hair...lol...ok so now i gotta buy a poly-scarf.....im mad i brought that wool one..i wasted 15 bucks.....

Back