WooHoo Got my Glovers samples today

In all of them except for the Tea tree, sulfur is the 3rd ingredient. 2nd in the Tea tree.

Got mine too ... did anyone notice the first and 2nd ingredient on most of them... Petroleum & Mineral Oil. Mineral Oil is 2nd on the Herbal Blend (think that's what it is) but near the last ingredient on the others... however, every last one of them Petroleum was the first. I'm gonna use mine to seal in moisture and see how that goes... not gonna use it on my scalp. I usually seal with coconut oil and SheaMoisture Herbal Pomade (it has Petroleum too as it's 5th ingredient but the product only has 7 ingredients total) so I may try my samples this weekend on wash day. I'm gonna share with a couple of co-workers too.. they want to try it.

Thanks Bev and Glovers for the samples!

How are you guys doing with the smell? It seems like the longer it sits on my scalp, the more it smells. I'm sure just body heat alone will intensify (sp?) it. It's hittin' me everywhere.

I got my samples.

Are we going to grow hair down our backs with these samples?:lachen:

I'll try it tonight when I twist my hair. I don't want to be stinking though!

Yeah I noticed that too. If we use it in moderation there shouldnt be a prob
Got mine too ... did anyone notice the first and 2nd ingredient on most of them... Petroleum & Mineral Oil. Mineral Oil is 2nd on the Herbal Blend (think that's what it is) but near the last ingredient on the others... however, every last one of them Petroleum was the first. I'm gonna use mine to seal in moisture and see how that goes... not gonna use it on my scalp. I usually seal with coconut oil and SheaMoisture Herbal Pomade (it has Petroleum too as it's 5th ingredient but the product only has 7 ingredients total) so I may try my samples this weekend on wash day. I'm gonna share with a couple of co-workers too.. they want to try it.

Thanks Bev and Glovers for the samples!

Thank You Msdevo, Does it still go by Glover's Mane or should I ask for a different name?

Your welcome. The package just says Glover's Growth Blends, like the icon up top. Its the same company though. They also make the Sulfur 8 products too
Thank You Msdevo, Does it still go by Glover's Mane or should I ask for a different name?

I know grease is a no no, but my mom grew my hair out and maintained it at WL as a kid using Glovers Mane and Blue Magic Grease and then toping it off with Pink Lotion. My head was greasy and stanky, but healthy:lachen:. It's only when I took control of my head and started relaxing that the problems came. I'm going use the samples on my hairline and kitchen area.:yep:

Great idea, thats where I will be using mine too.

I know grease is a no no, but my mom grew my hair out and maintained it at WL as a kid using Glovers Mane and Blue Magic Grease and then toping it off with Pink Lotion. My head was greasy and stanky, but healthy:lachen:. It's only when I took control of my head and started relaxing that the problems came. I'm going use the samples on my hairline and kitchen area.:yep:

I am going to start using these.

I am not a grease gal but I have nothing against it so long as a person does not think they are moisturizing with it.

I don't like using grease on my hair, but I have no problem with it lightly used on my scalp.

I like the ingredients in these, and I have no problem with mineral oil or petroleum on my scalp. Never had a problem with those on my scalp. I never see the big deal about that.

You can smell the sulfur, but it is not over powering at all. These 4 sample packs are more than enough to try them out to see if buying a tube is a good idea. I have a few thinner areas that I am going to use this on.

Ladies, someone can take my 4 samples because I am scared to put this on my hair because of the sulfur. I had a very nasty allergic reaction to sulfur last year and it took a month to clear.

Whoever sends me a PM first will get their samples in the mail. I don't want them to go to waste. Thank you Beverly! I will pay for the shipping costs.

I have 2 packages for someone if they would like to try them. It to heavy for my hair.... I dont like the way it feels.... I have the herbal and olive oil one left... pls pm with address

Argh. Living with room mates can be annoying. My came in on the second but since it was hidden under all the other mail and newspaper I didn't discover it until today. Anyways I'm going to wait until I'm out of braids to try it out. What's the general consensus on it?

Back