Woo Woo, *jaibee doing the wop*, i'm so happy.....

jaibee

Woo Woo, *jaibee doing the wop*, i\'m so happy.....

I have FINALLY found a healthy hairstylist who I like and who actually cares about the health of your hair! I was going to JCPenney in Stonecrest Mall in Lithonia (Atlanta), GA. My stylist was a sweet girl (a few of the ladies here on the board go or have gone) to her but my hair just did not have that healthy swingy bounce to it that I like. She also used a lot of direct heat on my hair, and even though she cut my layers, they were not precise enough. So I finally decided to be brave and search for another stylist. I was finally recommended to Blendz Hair Care Studio in Atlanta. OMG can you say the best kept secret. First of all I was impressed with all of the stylist's work. From the short hairstyles to the long hairstyles, everyone's hair looked super healthy, bouncy and shiny. No hard stuff here! I told my stylist that I just moved back to the area last year and I have been struggling to find a healthy hair stylist. She was very patient and listened to everything I said. Although I knew that I was like 2 months post relaxer and had lots of damaged ends she did not tell me that my hair was damaged or in bad condition like a lot of stylists do when you have stretched out your relaxer, so she had already won points there. She used the mizani for sensitive scalps relaxer. She gave me a deep conditioning treatment, and when she rinsed the conditioner out, she put something else on my hair and gave me a scalp massage. She won MAJOR points for that cause my great hairstylist back in Florida used to give me scalp massages and I really think that was a contributing factor to the growth I had then. I told her that I wanted my hair cut in layers. Don't throw tomatoes at me but I allowed her to cut as much as she wanted so she could start with a fresh haircut (after all it will grow back anyway). So she cut the layers and gave me a roller wrap. When she was done she didn't use any direct heat and my hair was bouncing and swinging all over the place. My hair stops at my chin, but my cut is so versatile and I have been getting so many compliments on it. Oh I also noticed that they use elucence products there as well, I have never seen that in a salon in atl before. And even though they were busy, she took me on time! Does anyone else on the board go to this place?

Re: Woo Woo, *jaibee doing the wop*, i\'m so happy.....

parts of me miss ATL
laugh.gif
That is soo great, Sounds like a Great Experiance, which I have not heard alot of
dance7.gif
its wonderful that u were comfortable and okay with her cutting ur hair, plz the scalp masseage
grin.gif
, and bouncing and swinging I want bouncing and swinging
frown.gif
weird.gif

Hey, Jaibee-

I'd like to find a good hairstylist, too! What is her name? Does she do color as well? I'm looking for someone to lightly layer my hair... where is this place located?

Her name is Sophia. She does it all. She has natural hair to her shoulders. I was recommended to her by one of the ladies on Channel 11 news. Her hair is nice and yes I did take a chance and email the news anchor and she was nice enough to email me back with the info asap. She's probably on this board! Bizette was also recommended to me. I saw her work and she is good too. Like I said they all were doing good work and everyone's hair looked great!

Hey Jaibee,

Did you happen to see anyone in the shop (clients) with waist length or longer hair? I would love to find someone who really cares about the health of hair and who could work with my natural below waist length. I tried a Dominican blowout but I'm scared of regularly using all the high heat from the blowdryer and would like a nice roller set then maybe something to straighten the wavy roots.

You've definitely piqued my interest by saying your stylist really listened to you.....that's refreshing.
smile.gif

I saw one lady with hair that was a little below bra strap, but I didn't see who was doing her hair. My stylist was the only one in the shop with natural hair.

it is in East Atlanta village off of glenwood and flat shoals avenue. upstairs from the flat iron bar.

Wow, that sounds great. Was she expensive?

no more expensive than any of the other stylist around here. she charges $60 for a relaxer (includes shampoo/conditioner and style), $20-$25 for color, and $20-25 for cut. She also charges extra for a treatment. I got a relaxer, deep treatment, and cut and she charged me $90.

Back