** Woo Hoo! I'm Natural!! (Big Chop Pic Heavy) **

Mook's hair

Hi, everybody! I finally ended my long term transition and did the Big Chop:
I now have the hair of my youth once again. Now bring me length!:grin:

Date of Last Relaxer: April 17, 2007
Date of Big Chop: April 17, 2009
Length of Transition: 24 Months

:yep:My relaxed hair was healthy and on the grow. I'm not anti-relaxer at all, Transitioning is just something I decided to do for me.
If you want to know more about why, it is explained here.
http://journals.fotki.com/Mooks-hair/my-bad-relaxer-story/
This is a comparison shot. Right now I'm very hair anorexic because of the shrinkage.
compshot.jpg

I started with my hair in a puff, moistened it with some water and did some small snips.
IMG_3644.jpg

Then I took the puff down, added more water & conditioner and trimmed one section at a time. Here are some of the ends.
IMG_3648.jpg

I did a few additional passes after getting the main parts, then I twisted it when I finished.
IMG_3651.jpg

I haven't taken any loose hair photos yet because I'm still getting used to all of this. But here's how I scooped it up a few days later.
IMG_3661-vi.jpg

There are some additional photos in my fotki if you're interested.

Even though my chop is not "that" BIG, it was still a bit jarring to cut off that length. I didn't have to cut any from the back section because all the relaxed ends were gone from there just from trimming throughout my transition.:lick:

I'll be playing around with styles and moisture for the next few months and soon I'll post a pic of the fro uncensored.:afro:

I am happy to help answer any long term transitioning questions any time just hit me with a PM or leave a message on my fotki.:yep:

Oh wow!!! Congrats on your big chop, Mookster!! Your hair looks FAB ... and you did a great job with your transition!

WOW mook you r such an inspiration OB btw thanks ( for the tutorial) i am putting in twist next weekend

Congrats lady! Your hair looks so healthy! I'm so happy for you. That was a long transition, but it was definitely worth it! Gorgeous hair!

CONGRATULATIONS!! :drunk::drunk::drunk:
Your twists are absolutely GORGEOUS---IMMACULATE :drunk:

You did a great job on your transition and your pics show it. Your hair is healthy, and MAN...you got SO much growth!!

VERY inspirational. Can't wait to see your future progress :yep:

Back