Women and appropraite age to marry..

DayStar

what is an appropriate age to marry if any? Should women marry older men or men around their age?..Should the man be a homeowner and have material things to offer a young women?

EB

I can't answer for anyone else what's appropriate for them. Each person is different and do things in their own time. Not everyone wants the same things or lives their lives they way other people do so for me the answer is totally up to each individual.

i was talking to an older man...he was 60...he told me women should not marry untill 27 and men shouldnt marry until 38-40.....i was like :perplexed

Is he married? I can see 27 for a woman or man. Men can father children at a much older age than a woman can have a baby so as far as that aspect I can sort of see what's he's saying there. I know when I was 27 I would not want to get with a 38 or 40 year old man that's just to old for me unless they were rich then it wouldn't matter.:lachen:

I don't think there's a set age. It all depends on ones goals, circumstances, and most importantly what's in their mind/heart. I think his little rule sounds nice for a man that wants to insure that even when he's so old that he has gray testicle hair he can still tap the young booty.

I do think it's a good idea for a woman to marry a man that can offer something or is about something. I think the woman should be bringing something to the table as well, in some form.

All the women in my parents family (country) have no problem having children into their late 30's (even 40's, but I'm not trying that) so I admit to not being extremely worried in that regard.

i agree...

on another note....i was getting my arse chewed in by some guys...they said i had high standards because i wanted a man who was educated..they wanted me to break down what "educated meant"..then they said "be careful what you wish for"...i was like sheesh..men want domestic, submissive women but as soon as i said educated with assests it a problem....Im old school...i think if men want a wife they should have something to offer her....just like i think a woman should know how to cook and clean....lawd!

i agree...

on another note....i was getting my arse chewed in by some guys...they said i had high standards because i wanted a man who was educated..they wanted me to break down what "educated meant"..then they said "be careful what you wish for"...i was like sheesh..men want domestic, submissive women but as soon as i said educated with assests it a problem....Im old school...i think if men want a wife they should have something to offer her....just like i think a woman should know how to cook and clean....lawd!

They're idiots too. :p

I think anything over 25 is a good age...
maybe even 30 nowadays
with the divorce rate and all...
But, yeah... depends on the person.

They're idiots too. :p

truly....we are still going at it...i told him when im 27., i dont want know hard, sharp bones touching my young skin.....backside...he is a no-it-all, and as much as i respect the fact that he is older...he sounds very..."do it this way or else"...

truly....we are still going at it...i told him when im 27., i dont want know hard, sharp bones touching my young skin.....backside...he is a no-it-all, and as much as i respect the fact that he is older...he sounds very..."do it this way or else"...

You know, I wouldn't even waste my time debating it (unless you are having fun with the discussion).

Seriously, I don't even talk to most people I know in the real world about relationships and my beliefs about marriage and all because they always have some stupid **** to say in return.

You can never win, so why bother.

To quote that rapper guy... "I'ma do me..."

Every situation is different. For me it has more to do with life experiences. I think a woman should live first. Have the wonderful experience of being childless and living on your own; get a passport and travel to other continents; buy property if you can. Enjoy your life then get married

I think it depends on the person. I don't think there is a "set age" Some people are ready at 22 (my parents who have been married since that age:yep:). Other people marry later.

I find that those in my parents age and older tended to marry young, and still go on to grad school, etc. More often they "built their lives together." Nowadays many people want to come into a relationship "established," which will often translate to marrying a little older. In my parents case, they met in college, and dated through the 4 years (and even had a little break up in between those 4 years:lol: but they couldn't stand to be apart--aaw:kiss:). Anyway, my mom went on to do her masters and my dad went to law school, and they married right before my dad started law school. HOWEVER, they waited a few years before starting a family. My mom was 26 when my sister was born:yep:. In their case, they had plenty of time to waste/wait. However, I believe that when it's your time, "it's your time":yep:

My only reservation is that one shouldn't marry too young. Getting married at an older age means that the individual is more established, and better able to deal with all the other issues you proposed.

If a woman is looking to have children within the marriage, she shouldn't wait too long. 25-30 is a good age. Ideally (in my book) the man should be around the same age.

Whatever you do, don't wait until you're 34 like I did and then say "oh, I think I want a family"...it might backfire on you :rolleyes:

I believe you are ready to get married when you are secure with yourself and have attained personal goals you have set for yourself (i.e. school, career, esteem). When you are a whole person and not dependent upon someone else to complete you, then you are ready to marry. I want to be able to have experienced all that I need to as a single person so I have no regrets after I get married. When we both are WHOLE individuals then we can get married.

I believe you are ready to get married when you are secure with yourself and have attained personal goals you have set for yourself (i.e. school, career, esteem). When you are a whole person and not dependent upon someone else to complete you, then you are ready to marry. I want to be able to have experienced all that I need to as a single person so I have no regrets after I get married. When we both are WHOLE individuals then we can get married.

ITA!!!!:yep::yep:

Back