WOLFTRAP FINALLY HAS PICS

Wolftrap

Hi ladies. I'm shy and never posted pics before. I was going to post them in 2 weeks after I get my touch up so that I can see the results from the first picture in my album but what the heck. I'm bored at work today so decided to post them. I'll post an update in about 2 weeks to see if I had any growth. So here ya go. Be nice
laugh.gif

http://public.fotki.com/Wolftrap/wolftraps_hair_journey/

password is grow

WT--- your hair looks very healthy, most of all. I enjoyed the pics... please keep us updated on your growth progress.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Nice album! I love the Dominican blowout. The straight look looks really good on you! So,...you know Rueben and Juwan Howard? Are you, what, like a celebrity?
grin.gif
sekret.gif

Girl, I love your pics...
smile.gif
the celebrity shots are cool
cool.gif
, and most of all I'm TOTALLY loving your bantu knot curls!!

Please, please give detailed instructions on how you achieved that look!! It's absolutely gorgeous!! I never thought you could get spirally curls like that by doing bantus??!! WOW!
shocked.gif
I know you said you do it on dry hair, but do you put anything on your hair at all before you knot it?? Thanks!!

Thanks for the kind words ladies:

Bolly--I have a few friends that are into the celeb scene so I have a few pics with celebs and have me a lot of them. But no sorry I'm no undercover celeb.

Caramel--My hair is thin. To me its thin and lifeless. Kind of needs some sort of lift. When I had layers it wasn't so flat to my face and made me look a little older. I'm 30 years old and that straight doo makes me look like a kid in my opinion. I'm surging to try and thicken it up.

Lindy--It took me a lot of trial and error to get those bantus like that. You have long hair so you will probably benefit from doing it on wet hair. Although it takes FOREVER!! to dry. I just didn't like it on wet hair because it made my hair look too short more like a curly fro and it didn't hang. I put it in bantus on dry hair and left them in for about a day and then took them out. I didn't use anything specific in them. I did a conditioner wash with VO5 used some keracare leave in (I now use Salerm though) sectioned off my hair and put QP Mango butter on each piece and twisted it up. I also don't pin the ends I just twist them and tuck them under the knot. I've been doing this about every 3 days or so. It is helping me to stretch my relaxer out a few more weeks. HTH

Thanks Wolftrap!! It's definitely time for me to do some "Bantu Experimentation" this summer!!
up.gif
up.gif

The one time I tried it, I had twisted my hair first (two strand twist) THEN made the knot, and it came out looking crazy cuz I guess I didn't roll all the twists the same way...
ohwell.gif
My hair was going in all different directions!!
crazy.gif

Lindy I don't do all my bantus in the same direction. At least I don't think I do. Yours may not have come out right because you did the 2 strand twist first. I just take the hair and wrap it up. I suggest you do it when you are not going anywhere for at least a day cause it takes a long time to dry. Or at least do them very neatly so that you can rock the bantu style for a few days and then pull them out. I'm sure your hair willl look great!

I agree your hair is beautiful. Please do tell how you do you bantu knots. I like the way mine comes out but I love yours they look like spiral curls. How many knots do you do? what do you put on your hair? and how do you separate the curls? by hand or do you use some type of comb. Sorry for all the ques.

Thanks chocolate, like I told Lindy I don't think I do anything special to them. I do 9 bantu knots. 4 in the front, 4 in the middle and one in the back. I just pull them apart with my fingers. They don't always come out looking as good as they did in that picture but they are always spirally. On the days when they don't come out good I just throw it in a ponytail. That's become my favorite. This lady at my job asked me one time if I had a curly piece attachment on my hair. LOL...I guess that was a compliment when I told her no she looked at me like "yeah right". I just do conditioner washes and put some leave in and then twist them up. Now I use surge and sta sof fro cause I'm trying to stretch my relaxer. I think putting the Mango butter on it is key though because my hair is not dry when I loosen up the curls. I've started doing this like once every 3 days. I sit under the dryer for about 1/2 hour (tip from model chick). and then I go to bed and take them out in the morning. Depending on how tight the curls are I either wear it up in a ponytail or down. Also at night I don't tie it up cause then the curls will get flat. I just sleep on a satin pillow case. I don't even put a bonnet on although I think I am going to try and put one on and see how that works out.

You ladies are making me feel so "special" I was all worried that I'm not doing something right. With the help of this board I will hopefully reach my goal by next year. I need to update my siggy though. My husband meausured my bra strap to scalp and it is 19 inches not 15.

Very nice photos!
clap.gif
Your Dominican blowout looks great & your hair looks really healthy!
smile.gif
You'll reach your goals in time, we're pulling for you!

[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:
Very nice photos!
clap.gif
Your Dominican blowout looks great & your hair looks really healthy!
smile.gif
You'll reach your goals in time, we're pulling for you!

[/ QUOTE ] DITTO.
smile.gif

Thanks Wolftrap guess I should try reading the whole post before I go asking a whole bunch questions that you already answered
laugh.gif

You know what is funny is that my best friend does not like when I wear my hair in those bantus. But I like it and you ladies have confirmed that it looks nice. I am not going to listen to her anymore. She said what she doesn't like is that the top of my head is not curly. Meaning that the spiral curls don't start from the root. its a little straight and then its a spiral. It doesn't bother me any but she said something about them again the other day and told me don't wear my hair like that anymore. But I'm going to tell her to take a hike.

edited to add--and my mom hates my blowout. She doesn't like my hair so straight. I know I can't please everyone but you ladies wouldn't lie to me would ya?
smirk.gif
Don't have me going out thinking I'm cute and I look a hot mess.
laugh.gif

Girl,

I got a PM about your album.
laugh.gif
First of all--your hair looks really good. I never thought ot trying bantus on dry hair--good idea.
up.gif

Now-my favorite picture, of course, is the one with you and that handsome American Idol fella
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
I know you gave him a shout out on my behalf, right?
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Wolftrap said:
You know what is funny is that my best friend does not like when I wear my hair in those bantus. But I like it and you ladies have confirmed that it looks nice. I am not going to listen to her anymore. She said what she doesn't like is that the top of my head is not curly. Meaning that the spiral curls don't start from the root. its a little straight and then its a spiral. It doesn't bother me any but she said something about them again the other day and told me don't wear my hair like that anymore. But I'm going to tell her to take a hike.

edited to add--and my mom hates my blowout. She doesn't like my hair so straight. I know I can't please everyone but you ladies wouldn't lie to me would ya?
smirk.gif
Don't have me going out thinking I'm cute and I look a hot mess.
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Your best friend doesn't know what she's talking about. Your bantu knot curls are gorgeous! I did one bantu knot on my dry bangs overnight, just pinning it with a Good Hair Day pin and this morning, it came out so pretty and spiraly, like yours. After seeing your hair, I may try this on my dry hair too. This is why I like doing braidouts on dry hair - it doesn't draw up so much and the curls are looser.
Your blowout looks great too!
up.gif

LOL at you Supergirl. This was last year before I had the pleasure of meeting you ladies on the board. But if I ever hang out with him again I will let you know. He was VERY nice and cool. He was trying to make me sit on his lap though. LOL...He said if I didn't he wouldn't take the picture with me. We went to a club later that night and the White women were all over him. So needless to say I was pushed to the side. LOL....But hey I have a theory as soon as black men make it to the big time the manager goes "here's your money and here's your white woman"...LOL
laugh.gif

WOLFTRAP, your hair photo's are beautiful, i love the braid out pics
grin.gif
. Good luck in achieving your goals and thanks for sharing
wink.gif

Your hair looks good. I love the bantu knots and the curly ponytail. You said your hair gets flat after you unwrap it, try just let them blow your roots or don't get it blown at all just wrapped.

[ QUOTE ]
ChoclatePrincess said:
Your hair looks good. I love the bantu knots and the curly ponytail. You said your hair gets flat after you unwrap it, try just let them blow your roots or don't get it blown at all just wrapped.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know I do this all the time. I don't let them blow my hair all the way to the end and up until about 4 weeks post relaxer I just have them wrap it. My hair is just thin I guess that's why it gets so flat. But hopefully with the methods I'm using it will thicken up some.

I love your pics! I must try the bantu knots. My hair looks very similar to yours, and I don't call it thin hair; I call it fine hair. My hair goes limp to, but I have been surging for 2.5 weeks and I can see increased thickness at the root! So keep going for your goal.....and remember.....fine hair not thin......
laugh.gif

ok I will start to call it fine. Not thin. LOL but everyone else that sees it calls it thin. I am seeing results with the surge too. My husband was touching my hair all weekend telling me how thick it is getting. So once I relax in two weeks I hope I notice a difference. and again. Fine not thin.

Back