WL 2011

Please may I join, thats the stuff i'm doing now, I DC ounce a week,I use JBCO twice a week,I rollerset at least twice a month,I stretch 10 to 12 weeks,and i'm currently at MBL...
I'm trying to join a WL challenge,let me in please,lol
:yay::yay::yay:

Morning All, :D
Washing my hair today, and conditioning when I get back in :) Next week I will deep condition again and braid up for my lace fronts :lick:

I would like to join, even though im only apl, this will give me something to look forward to. I think i have to gain about 9-10 inches by dec 2011

i took the last two pictures earlier this month and i can't see any progress in terms of length...i know that my hair is growing but retaining the length has been a big struggle...i just started adding vaseline to my ends in order to keep them from drying out...the first two pictures were taken a couple months ago ...it looks like i lost length...i don't know....

Attachments

• asbury sept 2010 055.jpg
    asbury sept 2010 055.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 29
  • length check 018.jpg
    length check 018.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 31
  • asbury sept 2010 051.jpg
    asbury sept 2010 051.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 36980.jpg
    36980.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 28
i took the last two pictures earlier this month and i can't see any progress in terms of length...i know that my hair is growing but retaining the length has been a big struggle...i just started adding vaseline to my ends in order to keep them from drying out...the first two pictures were taken a couple months ago ...it looks like i lost length...i don't know....

I'm trying to improve my retention too and Vaseline has helped. I apply it after wetting my hair w. water and saturating with coconut oil (and lately Kimmay's concoction). The only thing I'm working on is how to remoisturize b/w washings since the Vaseline will repel additional moisture. So far I've sprayed with water and applied coconut oil and though the oil is probably not penetrating my ends (w. Vaseline on them) I'm retaining length. I'm still experimenting.. :)

Are you moisturizing before applying Vaseline?

Last edited:
constance...i moisturize first and then add the vaseline to my ends...i only started using the vaseline at the beginning of this week....my ends look much better and i've taken to tucking them up to keep them from fraying....it's just frustrating to see how rapidly my new growth is coming in but also to see that i'm losing length due to ssks and fraying...i hope the vaseline will be the answer i've been looking for...we shall see!

I FELL in love with my Carusos and pincurling! I have to get back to my buns. I'm flipping my hair off my shoulders and running my fingers through it all day LONG! :nono: On another note, I'm gathering evidence i. e. pictures and measurements for my 7 month LHCF update in December. So far, In 4 months I grew and retained 3 inches! I'm on my way to waistlength, 7 more inches to go! I'm going full force with my JBCO and sulfur mix this last three months of this year so I can gain and retain 2 more inches before the new year. :grin:

I'll be doing a Henna treatment this weekend and going back to the buns! :yawn:

HHG!

constance...i moisturize first and then add the vaseline to my ends...i only started using the vaseline at the beginning of this week....my ends look much better and i've taken to tucking them up to keep them from fraying....it's just frustrating to see how rapidly my new growth is coming in but also to see that i'm losing length due to ssks and fraying...i hope the vaseline will be the answer i've been looking for...we shall see!

I know exactly what you mean! We're going to retain every millimeter in 2011.

bebezaueta-congrats on retaining 3 inches in 4 mos! I'm hoping for 1.5 inches by Dec/4 mos (Sept-Dec).

I've skipped a few MSM tablets this week but I'm recommitting to taking them faithfully through Dec. I've also been massaging daily. I'm going to do a quick length check in Oct to mark my 2 yr anniversary, but aside from this I'm forcing myself not to measure until the end of Dec. Hopefully, I'll be surprised. I've also been jogging to improve circulation and for general health.

Hi ladies, I just completed wk 2 of my braids under my wig. My goal is to stay braided up for a total of 8 wks and then braid back up for another 8 weeks. The main oils i'm using right now are WGO and Extra Virgin Coconut oil. Coconut oil is suppose to strengthen and to protect against protein loss so I'm hoping it helps with my retention.

I FELL in love with my Carusos and pincurling! I have to get back to my buns. I'm flipping my hair off my shoulders and running my fingers through it all day LONG! :nono: On another note, I'm gathering evidence i. e. pictures and measurements for my 7 month LHCF update in December. So far, In 4 months I grew and retained 3 inches! I'm on my way to waistlength, 7 more inches to go! I'm going full force with my JBCO and sulfur mix this last three months of this year so I can gain and retain 2 more inches before the new year. :grin:

I'll be doing a Henna treatment this weekend and going back to the buns! :yawn:

HHG!

bebezazueta, CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR THREE INCHES IN FOUR MONTHS!!!

now, please give up the 411 on how you got such amazing results!

i can understand wanting to flip your hair all around because hey, we do so much for it, we really should enjoy it sometimes!

and any tips about that henna you're going to do would be great, too!

thanks!

I have updated the list of participants so if you don't see your name please send me a PM.

I'll be relaxing my hair in a few days for a wedding I'm attending on Oct 2nd. I'm hoping that I've gained and retained at least 1.5 inches and if I did I will be that much closer to having BSL by December. I don't think I will get back to MBL by 12/31/10 but you never know, miracles do happen :lachen:

I joined the Castor Oil Challenge Cycle 3 and have been doing well in keeping up with my applications. I slacked off tremendously for Cycle 2..............didn't even post a final pic cause I forgot and wasn't staying on top of things anyway :nono:

Okay, so I've decided to get a flat iron. It will be my first and I am clueless. I typically like to purchase things that live up to their promises and will last me a long time so I don't necessarily look at the cost. So I was researching the FHI Runway..........does anyone here own this?.............what are your thoughts?

I haven't posted in here in a while. I've straigtened twice since the weather turned cooler. I'm about 2 inches above my bra strap. The bottome of my bra strap is MBL for me. So I'm hoping to be @ top of BSL for the end of the year, then it's on to WL from there :pray: Good luck everybody!

I haven't posted in here in a while. I've straigtened twice since the weather turned cooler. I'm about 2 inches above my bra strap. The bottome of my bra strap is MBL for me. So I'm hoping to be @ top of BSL for the end of the year, then it's on to WL from there :pray: Good luck everybody!

that's exactly the same way it is on me, too! last time i measured, i had 2 inches to get to the top of my brastrap.

as a matter of fact, the bottom of my brastrap is exactly half the measured space of my back, so i guess that means we wear our bra straps low.

by the time we get to the bottom of our bra straps, we'll be a sneeze from WL!

that's exactly the same way it is on me, too! last time i measured, i had 2 inches to get to the top of my brastrap.

as a matter of fact, the bottom of my brastrap is exactly half the measured space of my back, so i guess that means we wear our bra straps low.

by the time we get to the bottom of our bra straps, we'll be a sneeze from WL!

Yep. My bra literally "cuts" my back in half. That's how I measure my hair lol! It won't let me attach a picture, but you can see in my Avi that bra sits really low on my back. We are so close we can taste it ......go long backs! lol

I will be wearing a wig for the Fall and Winter as a protective style. I need to give my hair a break. The more I mess with it, the more setbacks I seem to have. I love blow drying and flat ironing, and it's causing problems. I have to give them up now.

I have to start air drying......I did love that once.

I will be doing an official length check in December...I washed my hair today and I stretched it down in the back and it was on my bra strap!!! :yep::yep:

Unless some major hair disaster happens, I'm pretty positive I will make it to WL in 2011.

I'm still co-washing daily and wearing a ponytail.

Last edited:
I will be wearing a wig for the Fall and Winter as a protective style. I need to give my hair a break. The more I mess with it, the more setbacks I seem to have. I love blow drying and flat ironing, and it's causing problems. I have to give them up now.

I have to start air drying......I did love that once.

Me too, wigs !!

bebezazueta, CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR THREE INCHES IN FOUR MONTHS!!!

now, please give up the 411 on how you got such amazing results!

i can understand wanting to flip your hair all around because hey, we do so much for it, we really should enjoy it sometimes!

and any tips about that henna you're going to do would be great, too!

thanks!

grow, I started my HHJ taking a lot of supplements and vitamins and I believe they truly attributed to my accelerated growth cause when I stopped taking them in July my growth slowed down. I used to take Nouritress Vitamins Plus, Chlorella and Spirulina. The Nouritress Plus has saw palmetto in it and it is anti estrogen and I'm trying to get preggers so I had to stop that one. :nono: The Spirulina had me wired and I could only sleep 5 hours at a time when I took it which was difficult when I went to sleep at 9 and woke up in the wee hours of the morning. :spinning: I took a break from all those supplements from July to September cause I gained alot of weight in the short time too. Go figure. So now my new strategy is taking a Hair Nail Skin Vitamin from the Big Lots for $2/bottle, and now I'm using a homemade JBCO/sulfur mix and I'm comparing my results.

As for the henna, I absolutely love it although I was too busy this weekend to do it. It has made my hair stronger and I love the color. My Indian coworker told me her mom has used henna for years and her hair is so strong. She's really old and has very thick hair! That sold it for me. I use Reshma (BAQ) henna and I add water to make a paste and then ayurvedic oils to make a creamy mayonnaise consistency and then I apply it like a relaxer. Oh I prepoo with oil before. I rinse out with V05 Moisture Milks conditioner and then do a moisturizing DC. :lick:

Thanks for your encouragement and PM me if you have more questions. I'm new to LHCF but I've being doing hair (kitchen beautician for years) LOL!

Observation: I've taken a total of 30 MSM tablets over @ 35 days and I cannot write that my hair growth has accelerated--It usually takes 10 wks for my grey to grow out and it has taken the same length of time even though I began taking MSM at the 5wk mark. I'll continue to take it since I have a 90 dy supply..maybe it takes a bit longer for it to "work." ;)

Last edited:
Observation: I've taken a total of 30 MSM tablets over @ 35 days and I cannot write that my hair growth has accelerated--It usually takes 10 wks for my grey to grow out and it has taken the same length of time even though I began taking MSM at the 5wk mark. I'll continue to take it since I have a 90 dy supply..maybe it takes a bit longer for it to "work." ;)

I hope it kicks in for you but it didn't increase my growth either. I had two bottles but was taking 4 (2,000 mg) a day so.....I think about two months

I hope it kicks in for you but it didn't increase my growth either. I had two bottles but was taking 4 (2,000 mg) a day so.....I think about two months

Thanks for sharing your experience, LaFemmeNaturelle. I'm thinking it'll be a wash for me too. I've improved my diet and increased exercise so perhaps I'll get some additional growth this way.

PS: twisted beehive. I've kept it in for almost 2 wks and was trying to go a month. I tried to moisturize (water & coconut oil) w/o taking the style down last wk, but I'm not sure that all my hair was moisturized so I may take it down and moisturize today.

heres my starting pic yeah..weightloss is the next challenge :look::lol:

I cannot wait to get a split ender and flat iron my hair :lick:

Attachments

• Photo310-vi.jpg
    Photo310-vi.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your experience, LaFemmeNaturelle. I'm thinking it'll be a wash for me too. I've improved my diet and increased exercise so perhaps I'll get some additional growth this way.

PS: twisted beehive. I've kept it in for almost 2 wks and was trying to go a month. I tried to moisturize (water & coconut oil) w/o taking the style down last wk, but I'm not sure that all my hair was moisturized so I may take it down and moisturize today.

I've been taking MSM for over a year. My understanding is that it doesn't speed the growth but lengthen the growth phase.

Just completed wk 3 of braids going for #4!!

I've been taking MSM for over a year. My understanding is that it doesn't speed the growth but lengthen the growth phase.

Just completed wk 3 of braids going for #4!!

Ah, I see. Thank you for clarifying, aa9746. Lengthening the growth phase is just as valuable as increasing growth so I'll "stay the course." ;) Congrats on going 3+wks!

Humm, I'm trying to remain upbeat about my growth/retention but it looks like yr #1 I only grew/retained 1.25 inches and year #2 maybe 4 inches. Year #2 I wore wigs whereas in yr #1 I kept it moisturized and in twisted buns. I'm hoping things will improve from here as I've eliminated combing and ssks, but my hair just seems to grow realllly slowly...I mean 10 wks for my grey to grow out enough to need a touch up? Gah. I'll keep experimenting as my growth/retention has slightly improved over the last 4 mos.

Still in my only length Challenge for 2011 :D I am so happy to start this challenge :) officially in less than 3 months :) YEAH!!!!!

Humm, I'm trying to remain upbeat about my growth/retention but it looks like yr #1 I only grew/retained 1.25 inches and year #2 maybe 4 inches. Year #2 I wore wigs whereas in yr #1 I kept it moisturized and in twisted buns. I'm hoping things will improve from here as I've eliminated combing and ssks, but my hair just seems to grow realllly slowly...I mean 10 wks for my grey to grow out enough to need a touch up? Gah. I'll keep experimenting as my growth/retention has slightly improved over the last 4 mos.

Don't give up, wigs and no combing are my saving grace. I did discover my hair could retain without wigs this summer with ps. But I'm back at work and don't like to worry about styling my hair so I'm back in my wigs. I'm learning to be happy with any progress because at least it's getting longer instead of shorter. Also the shrinkage makes it seem like it's not progressing but I know it is and that's all that matters. hhg

Don't give up, wigs and no combing are my saving grace. I did discover my hair could retain without wigs this summer with ps. But I'm back at work and don't like to worry about styling my hair so I'm back in my wigs. I'm learning to be happy with any progress because at least it's getting longer instead of shorter. Also the shrinkage makes it seem like it's not progressing but I know it is and that's all that matters. hhg

You're right, aa9746. This is the longest and healthiest my hair has ever been, and it is still growing. I think eliminating the comb is going to translate into a lot of retention. I lose a fraction of the amount of hair that I used to and most of it is shed hair and not breakage/ends--I marvel that I'm still learning things 2 yrs into my hair journey. Waist length here we come! :)

Back