Wish me luck! I'm gonna do my own kinky twists this weekend!!

LondonDiva

I bought the DVD from Braids by Breslin and I'm going to attempt the kinky twists style this weekend. Wish me luck people, I envision a lot of neckache, finger cramps and chronic irritability from my mission to come.

I've done a few practises following the video and bought the wrong type of hair twice, but I think I got it down pat this time. I am not paying a hairdresser £75 (almost $140) to do my hair when I paid £14.97 for 3 bags of hair myself.

Wish me luck ladies, I'm off to do battle with seperating strands of synthetic hair in the quest for an oh-so fly look for next week.

:swordfigh

Good luck girl! I just got my Breslin dvds in the mail a couple of days ago. Haven't had a chance to watch yet. :) Happy twisting! Did you get the hair that already has a twist to it? When I had mine done my braider had me to get the kind called puffy screw and it twisted easier.

mahoganee said:
Good luck girl! I just got my Breslin dvds in the mail a couple of days ago. Haven't had a chance to watch yet. :) Happy twisting! Did you get the hair that already has a twist to it? When I had mine done my braider had me to get the kind called puffy screw and it twisted easier.

I got a hair typr calle Afro Kinky braid twist. It has a kink to it, but is murder to seperate. I'm going to seperate all 3 bags before I get started to save me time as I go along.

LondonDiva said:
I hope you're going to post pictures Shatani, ifyou can of course. I will be. Good luck too.
i'll try to get some pics posted.....and you best believe imma be all up in your album! :lol:

i guess i should go have breakfast and get started :D

Good luck. How did you like the Breslin Braid video? I bought Robin Wood's video and it was kind of basic. Yes, you can anticipate a lot of back and shoulder pain...but I'm sure it will be worth it. You can take some of the money you saved, go get a massage and still have some left over!

Phoenix said:
Good luck. How did you like the Breslin Braid video? I bought Robin Wood's video and it was kind of basic. Yes, you can anticipate a lot of back and shoulder pain...but I'm sure it will be worth it. You can take some of the money you saved, go get a massage and still have some left over!

I have Robin's video also and I got the 4 in 1 DVD from BBB. The BBB DVD is more professional, but it doesn't go into the detail like Robin does about braid removal which is more important IMHO that putting them in.

WOW! How brave. I don't think I could do my own braids with extenstions. Heck I am doing good just doing my own twists.

good luck, london d.... i want to see some pics...wow.. you will be able to save a lot of cash doing your own twists.....smile...

Good Luck LD! Sha...you been at it withcha hair all weekend...lol...

I look forward to pics from each of you!:grin:

zigzag1 said:
LD and Shatani

Both of you are really good to do this. How is it going? Can't wait to see the pics. :)
its taking much longer than i expected...i got the wrong hair! its so slippery, but aint no turnin back now!

i think i might need to buy another pack too....but i'll do the outer perimeter so i can be presentable until i can get to the store again...:lol:

MonaLisa said:
Good Luck LD! Sha...you been at it withcha hair all weekend...lol...

I look forward to pics from each of you!:grin:
i like to take my time...pace myself...:lol: that way im not sore when im done...

Good Luck Diva --- I have been doing my own for two years now....no video--nada just fed up with the piss poor results from the local stylist, not to mention the moola 120.00 & up ...only to be dissapointed, ***** & broke...

You can do it ! Post pics

Hey
LD did you do it??? cant wait to see pics....
Shatani hows bout you?? did u take pics yet??
Uzz

um, well....i ran outta hair! :lol: so, i cant buy more for a few days....but it came out okay...a lot smaller than i expected to do it!

Good for you. I did mine last night, I have done them before, they are super easy. I watched the girl really closely when she did mine the first time. I hope the video helps.

if anyone's interested (because im too lazy to start a whole new thread).....i put some pics of my half did hair up in my fotki :D

Shatani said:
if anyone's interested (because im too lazy to start a whole new thread).....i put some pics of my half did hair up in my fotki :D
Nice job Shatani!:notworthy :notworthy Gone witcha bad self.

Back