Winter coats vs. nape blues

hrtbndr21

I took my last set of braids out in the fall, I'm really liking my length. My hair routine looks like it's finally coming together. I even have fewer tangles this week. BUT... these coat collars and sweaters are killing my nape the thinnest part of my hair. I bun everyday but the coats, scarves, and sweater collars are still rubbing the back of my head :ohwell:.

I bought hair last month so I can braid my hair back up till spring. But I keep putting it off. I know I'm gonna miss my hair while it's "away". But this is not working and it's to chilly in the office right now.

Anybody else have the winter hair blues?

You could try a half wig and instead of blending it with your hair, throw on a headband or a really cute hat. that way you can keep your nape protected by keeping it in loose braids under the braids, and you can take it off everyday so you'll still have your hair. its low maintance and versatile. me, i don't have winter blues because I wear cute hats with my satin cap under it and I wear phony ponies... either way, my hair is always protected and i still perserve my sexy.

I wear my hair down in the winter w/ coats and scarfs and all. I usually just put extra leave-in, oil, and pay special attention to that area when I DC. I haven't had a problem yet.

Back