2008 NAPE CHALLENGE!!! Who's with me?

I can't believe I miss this challenge. Thank you for bumping this. Is it too late to join? If not, count me in!:grin: Subscribing...

This is my nape when I first joined LHCF in December 2004:

This is my nape today:
nape.JPG

Since joining LHCF I have bc'd twice, so this is pretty much two years of growth and considering that my nape grows very slowly this is pretty good progress. My nape grew and is growing because I stopped relaxing, I baby it, condition it well, keep it moisturized and oiled, and keep it braided or twisted most of the time. I am also always very gentle with my nape.

Just wanted to post to give you ladies encouragement.

I was just about to bump up this thread.

I think I've been getting a little more growth from massaging it daily.

I was just about to come back and edit my post with this suggestion. Massaging with a healing type of oil is wonderful. I use Carol's Daughter's Khoret Amen hair oil on my trouble spots.

This is my nape when I first joined LHCF in December 2004:

This is my nape today:
View attachment 11075

Since joining LHCF I have bc'd twice, so this is pretty much two years of growth and considering that my nape grows very slowly this is pretty good progress. My nape grew and is growing because I stopped relaxing, I baby it, condition it well, keep it moisturized and oiled, and keep it braided or twisted most of the time. I am also always very gentle with my nape.

Just wanted to post to give you ladies encouragement.

Thanks for posting that. Your nape has really progressed. :yep:

Last edited:
I've been using Ovation Cell Therapy since Jan 25 and I make sure to put it on my nape arear. My nape is actually longer and strong and is filling in quite nicely. I haven't had this much nape hair is a few years. Hopefully by the end of the year I can have at least around 4 inches there.

I’m working through my nape issues as well. I get them relaxed last and put the EO mix there daily. Wish me luck!

I would like to join also!!! I have also had problems with nape thinning. Due to tying scarf too tight, overprocessing, and using banana clip too tightly. Right now I don't know what styles to wear. :sad: I am due for a re-touch Friday, 4/25/08 after a 12 wk stretch. I plan on following some of the advice of my LHCF sisters :) and will not relax that area except maybe 2 X a yr, as well as not using the banana clip at all and I am also considering tex-laxing. Can you tex-lax with a no-lye relaxer? I am currently reading through some threads. Esp the one about going form relaxed to tex-laxed.

grow my nape in 2008...um addd me too, know my nape grows slower than my front so this itself will be a challenge while growing out my twa.

I would like to join also!!! I have also had problems with nape thinning. Due to tying scarf too tight, overprocessing, and using banana clip too tightly. Right now I don't know what styles to wear. :sad: I am due for a re-touch Friday, 4/25/08 after a 12 wk stretch. I plan on following some of the advice of my LHCF sisters :) and will not relax that area except maybe 2 X a yr, as well as not using the banana clip at all and I am also considering tex-laxing. Can you tex-lax with a no-lye relaxer? I am currently reading through some threads. Esp the one about going form relaxed to tex-laxed.

You can definitely texlax with no lye. I did, well I didn't intend to texlax :look: but that's what I got.

I've been using Ovation Cell Therapy since Jan 25 and I make sure to put it on my nape arear. My nape is actually longer and strong and is filling in quite nicely. I haven't had this much nape hair is a few years. Hopefully by the end of the year I can have at least around 4 inches there.

WHAT IS OVATION CELL THERAPY..AND ARE YOU USING THE ENITRE LINE?

THANKS,
KIKI82

I'm in!
Right now my nape is about an inch long.
I plan to massage it nightly and I intend to keep it moisturized using water and conditioner and keeping it braided.
I will take a picture to show where I start
I am hoping that within 6 months my nape will be at least to my shoulders.

I want in on this challenge. Please add me to the list.

My regimen for babying that area is:
  • Mook's method
  • OCT
  • Massage 3-4x a week w/ essential oil mix
  • Moisture, Moisture, Moisture
I am doing the same thing to my temple area as well. It needs some TLC as well.

I'm in... I cut off my nape last year and it is up to like 3 inches after like 9 months... I had to trim a lot and it broke some so I am only making slow progress...

I have been using bonnets and trying to condition it more... it just barely fits into my pony now but I try to leave it out to avoid tension...

I would like to join this thread. I have a starting picture of my hair (nape) in my fokti and was just going to update it tonight when my son comes home from practice. It has grown alot. I stopped wearing my bonnet so that the rubber could touch it (turned it inside out), liberally apply my mn mixture and carefree curl to it, and just overall give it lots of tlc. If I even think about trying to stop, it (yes, my hair) has let it been known that it doesn't have a problem with leaving again.:ohwell:

I too have a tale of woe!! I was in a hurry; tried to relax using lye and burned out all of the nape. I really wanted to cry but I realized that my hair would grow back - heck even without the nape my hair is the longest it's ever been. I know it will grow back.

I have been applying MN and messaging the area at least twice a week. I am about to get a sew-in and intend to keep it in until the nape can be placed in a ponytail holder. I'm way scared to get my weave, I've never had one before and I don't want to look ridiculous.

I'm in !:yep: I joined unofficially probably in like January or something just never got around it. I'm seeing some good progress on it though:yep:

Lol .. I'm not keeping up with it liked I'm supposed to be though.

Mine has been growing back but very slowly.

I havent been consistent with the scalp massages but I will try to be. I'm drinking more h20, eating more protein, veggies and fruits. If i'm consistent I hope to have three more inches in that area by the end of this year.

I also have not relaxed that area since january and I won't be relaxing it more than twice a year, if that much. I"m not relaxing it until I have at least a good 2 inches of growth back there. I barely have an inch but it's more than what I had before. The whole nape was gone.

Mine has been growing back but very slowly.

I havent been consistent with the scalp massages but I will try to be. I'm drinking more h20, eating more protein, veggies and fruits. If i'm consistent I hope to have three more inches in that area by the end of this year.

I also have not relaxed that area since january and I won't be relaxing it more than twice a year, if that much. I"m not relaxing it until I have at least a good 2 inches of growth back there. I barely have an inch but it's more than what I had before. The whole nape was gone.

I'm glad you're making progress. Sounds like you are being and patient and positive:yep:.

I thought I was the only one with this problem.... look at my fotki:sad:
I ordered OCT so I will continue to moisture with Kericare creme and try the OCT sytem and continue wrapping. I think my hair was getting over processed with those every 5week touch-ups.
ok so my plan:
moisture with Keri care creme
continue getting weekly wash n rollerset by stylist until OCT arrives
STRETCH STRETCH my perms!!!! I got to learn how to stretch more!
continue wrappin hair at night
Maybe touch-up everyother???
Hopefully OCT will strengthen this area.

Back