WIGS!!???

Roselyn

My aunt wears a wig 'cause she's got some bald edges! The whole reason why people wear wigs is because they can't grow it themselves...so...I was wondering if the wig IS the 'cause of her balding? Or if it isn't, then maybe it will affect her and cause further balding? Maybe I should tell her about the forum...
scratchchin.gif
Yeah, I think I should...

Does she wear a wig cap? If she wears the wig every day for several hours and it rubs against her hairline it may be the cause of her fading edges.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Roselyn said:
The whole reason why people wear wigs is because they can't grow it themselves...

[/ QUOTE ]

This just isnt true, speaking as a "wig queen" in rehab. I used to wear wigs ALL the time like 24/7 --48/ 14's
laugh.gif
-- i still have a few stashed away in case of emergencies
look.gif
. I know this is not true, all the time i was wearing my wigs daily, my hair was growing like weeds underneath. Only reason i stopped wearing them was because my husband started complaining that he didnt know why i was "stuffing my hair up under a wig" as he called it
lachen70.gif
Maybe the problem is that she isnt wearing a stocking cap underneath causing the wig to rub along her hairline. I still have wigs and plan on buy more this summer because i just want a "change of pace" i want to get a cute pixie wig with some color chunks in it to wear occasionally this summer. Your aunt also has to make sure to braid up her hair underneath the wig or at least make sure it stays washed and taken care of.
smile.gif
HTH -- jainygirl

[ QUOTE ]
Roselyn said:
The whole reason why people wear wigs is because they can't grow it themselves...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm...so not true.
look.gif

How was her edges before she started wearing wigs?

[ QUOTE ]
jainygirl said:
[ QUOTE ]
Roselyn said:

[/ QUOTE ]

This just isnt true, speaking as a "wig queen" in rehab. I used to wear wigs ALL the time like 24/7 --48/ 14's
laugh.gif
-- i still have a few stashed away in case of emergencies
look.gif
. I know this is not true, all the time i was wearing my wigs daily, my hair was growing like weeds underneath. Only reason i stopped wearing them was because my husband started complaining that he didnt know why i was "stuffing my hair up under a wig" as he called it
lachen70.gif
Maybe the problem is that she isnt wearing a stocking cap underneath causing the wig to rub along her hairline. I still have wigs and plan on buy more this summer because i just want a "change of pace" i want to get a cute pixie wig with some color chunks in it to wear occasionally this summer. Your aunt also has to make sure to braid up her hair underneath the wig or at least make sure it stays washed and taken care of.
smile.gif
HTH -- jainygirl

[/ QUOTE ]

Jainygirl and Karonica - yall beat me to the punch because I am definitely contemplating sporting a nice wig on days I just do not feel like messing with my hair.....
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
That statement is very untrue.....

Okay, so I was wrong...
frown.gif
we're all allowed to be wrong somwtimes. So, wigs aren't only for baldness, yet this si the reason why my aunt wears them.

[ QUOTE ]
Roselyn said:
Okay, so I was wrong...
frown.gif
we're all allowed to be wrong somwtimes. So, wigs aren't only for baldness, yet this si the reason why my aunt wears them.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly....that's why there is so much beauty in learning and accepting when we are wrong because it only makes us smarter......
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

I'm going to cut up a wig and use it for a weave. I'm going to cut a wide U shape in the top and trim back to sides to leave a little out on the edges and the top to cover up the tracks and sew that bad boy on. I'll let you know how it turns out.

I used to think that people wore wigs because they didn't have any hair too. Brickhouse changed that assumption for me.
smile.gif
She sports wigs as a protective style...and her hair is at armpit length now. Made me think about trying one. I'd be too afraid that it would blow off in the wind or something (silly i know.)
drunk.gif

i think wigs are SO convenient for someone that's like me and doesnt really care who knows theyre wearing a wig. I used to change up my look on back to back days
laugh.gif
You can shampoo your hair thoroughly without worrying about getting tracks loose and all that. Plus you get to go from long to short-- wavy, curly or straight-- even brown to blond all with just one wig change. As you can tell i LUV wigs.
laugh.gif
-- jainygirl

I've been wanting to purchase a wig for quite some time now. I have approached two women in stores on separate occasions to compliment them on their hair, and to my surprised they replied "Girl, this is a wig!". They really have some nice short styles out there. My husband hates the idea of me getting one, but he isn't the one that has to deal with hair everyday. I do, so he might loose on this one.

I have tons of wigs and wore them to help grow back in bald spot I already had from glued in weave.
I wore wig cap and keeped my hairline moisturized with either Profectiv anti-thinning cream or Sta So Fro.
My bald spot and hairline has grown back and is a different texture from the rest of my hair because of the Nioxin Follice Booster.
I did not wear my wig everyday either.

I personally think it is better to wear the wig cap with the holds in it than the reg stocking cap.
My Mom had some breakage when wearing her wigs constantly with the stocking cap and changed to the one with the holds
but is was her hair not hairline.

Back