Wigs with "Skin Top" that has a part

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
I was in a store the other day and there were wigs there that had a "skin top", but the top was white.....not caucasian skin white, but "white". I spoke to someone at another wig place about a Motown Tress wig that had a skin top and they said the skin would be light brownish. If I got a wig that had the "white" skin top, how can I make it brownish? I thought about using a magic marker in the part area or perhaps coloring it using hair dye. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Yeah, I have been thinking of dying my hair with Clairol Textures and Tones light brown or brown, so I may put a little on the part area of the wig with a Q-tip. I ordered a wig with a center part and skin top, but I don't know what color the skin will be. It's Motown Tress, so I am hoping it's light-medium brownish, like my scalp.

This is the one I got...in color 2. I wanted something above shoulder length, since I will be wearing it this summer.

about-wigs_1847_92781854
about-wigs_1847_92751484

Description: Motown Tress Short pageboy design with wedged back has a 2" x 4 1/2" Monofilament V-Knot Skin Part for the most Natural look. NATOYA is a must have classic style that every good collection should have.

I didn't buy it from the yahoo about-wigs place though. I got it at wigdeals.com. http://www.wigdeals.com/cart/product.php?xProd=40018&xSec=130 It was a lot less there. $19.95 compared to $45.75. I posted the yahoo about-wigs photos because they were better....and had a side-view. I hope it doesn't look too 'wiggy'...but, hey for $19.95 I'll deal with it. :)

Last edited:
Try next time to get a wig from place that specialize in black hair. They have better skin tops for our color. Search this forum someone post a site that was for our skin color. :)

Back