Wigs that don't itch or squeeze your temples

samyork

I am interested in trying a wig to mix things up and give my hair a break during the upcoming winter. I've tried a few wigs in the past which were unbearable itchy. I think that they were 100% synthetic and a mix of human and synthetic. Also need something that won't place too much tension/pressure on my temples/edges. Is there such a wig or am I dreaming? I've been told that I have a small head so I really don't understand the tension/too tight issue. Thanks.

Last edited:
I cut the Elastic Band out of mine. (the piece that hooks over)

By doing that, I don't find any additional/unnecessary 'rubbing'.

ETA: The proper wig cap should alleviate the itching.:yep:

Hey. IDareT'sHair touched on what i was thinking. First, I dont trust all wig caps.,I only buy the black ultra stretchy ones (Qfitt Collection). Then I cut out the back comb. I usually dont feel or use the front and side ones. Then I just adjust to what i feel is just right. Wig Cant be too lose to slide around but cant be too tight to cause headaches. Also I spray the inside of the wig cap with leave in which helps me with not feeling itchy but moisturized. I like vivica fox wigs. HTH :-)

I appreciate all of the comments and feedback. Unfortunately, I should have mentioned that wig cap doesn't help with the itch. It itches along the hairline (really itchy) as well any place the hair touches my face. Is there certain types of hair that is less itchy than others? Thanks.

Just my two cents: 100% human hair wigs are far less irritating on your skin. Far softer and Less scratchy too. There is a huge difference in price but if this is something you are going to wear often it's worth it.

Back