Wig Questions

nathansgirl1908

Ladies I need some help. As some of you know I did the BC back in oct. My hair is 4a/3c with some 4b parts. At any rate I have discovered that my hair loves daily co-washing. And while I intend to continue doing that, I also wanted to try a protective style other than braids and weave. So I thought about getting a wig since my hair isn't long enough to bun.

I grabbed one today that I love from the BSS. Now I just need to know how to properly wear it to retain length. I must add that I can't cornrow to save my life.

Any advice would be great.

I cant cornrow to save my life either.

When my hair was EL, I wore my hair in 6-8 large twists or plaits underneath my half wig, put on a du-rag or baggie and roll out. If the plaits were sticking out, I would just use little bobby pins to pin them down.

I cant cornrow to save my life either.

When my hair was EL, I wore my hair in 6-8 large twists or plaits underneath my half wig, put on a du-rag or baggie and roll out. If the plaits were sticking out, I would just use little bobby pins to pin them down.
Thank you. Your hair looks beautiful by the way!

This is what I do. I part my hair down the middle and make two low buns on each side. I make sure the buns aren't loose otherwise the wig might not properly fit.

Is it a full or half wig? I agree with the baggie and wig cap thing especially if you are cowashing everyday..real easy and no manipulation to your hair.

Back