Wig people- how long between washes?

Two weeks. I take down my braids, detangle, wash & dc, either airdry or blowdry depending on how much time I have, moisturize & seal, then cornrow my hair up. I like to keep things simple.

I CO wash whenever I workout, every other day. I take my braids out every two weeks to shampoo and condish

Whenever I feel like it. Sometimes multiple co-washes a week, sometimes once a week, most often monthly when school is in session. I don't wear cornrows under my wigs. I either wear it in a bun or two plaits.

A week, for the most part. Sometimes two weeks but not longer than that. I may cowash at least two to three times during the week. I wear 12 twists under my wig so on wash day, I take down each twist, spritz my hair with water and a bit of conditioner and detangle each section one by one. I wash my hair and deep condition in these twists as well.

Usually every 2 weeks. I break down my braids wash them and deep condition/treat.

Then I get it redone.

this time I am going to shoot for three weeks, washing it in braids at the 2 week mark.
I will see how that goes.

A week, for the most part. Sometimes two weeks but not longer than that. I may cowash at least two to three times during the week. I wear 12 twists under my wig so on wash day, I take down each twist, spritz my hair with water and a bit of conditioner and detangle each section one by one. I wash my hair and deep condition in these twists as well.

AmyRose92 do you detangle with just your fingers?

I wear my hair in twists or plaits. I will co wash every week, but only shampoo twice a month. Then again I only wear my wigs for like 6 weeks at a time then I'm back to my extensions.

Twice a week. :yep:

I keep my hair in flat twists and take them down on wash days. My hair is incredibly dry, so I have to steam every 3-4 days or the breakage will be ugly.

I cowash up to 3 times a week some weeks, I'm not consistent with that it just depends if my hair gets tangled and/or dry. I shampoo biweekly for the last month or so. Before that it was weekly. I overnight DC biweekly but I may start DCing on dry hair for a few hours on the weeks between my overnight DC. I pretty much to do whatever my hair tells me to do.

I co wash twice a week- pre poo, co wash, then deep condition if needed. I just put my hair back up into flat twists.

I cowash once a week and each month I take down my cornrows, shampoo, and deep condition overnight. Then rebraid. Have been doing this for almost 2 months now.

A week, two weeks if I'm being lazy. I have a simple wash routine of taking down my cornrows the night before wash day and doing an oil pre-treatment. The next morning I wash my hair with shampoo, condition/deep condition, detangle and then re-braid. Sometimes I will cowash or water rinse mid-week in-between washes if my hair is extra thirsty for moisture.

I clarify/protein/DC once a week but i'll sporadically throw in a cowash or 2 or a HOT throughout the week if my hair feels dry. I Keep my hair under my wig slicked back into a baggy bun, sometimes with a leave-out, sometimes a headband. I spritz twice daily with aloe vera and water, then i top that off with either aphogee pro-v spray, or shescentit leave in spray.

alive I start out with my fingers at first. Then once I feel like most of the shed hair has been removed, I use a large-toothed, seamless comb.

AmyRose92 thank you! i've been natural for three years and i'm just now realizing that i might be the only one that wasn't really finger detangling Lol
it really helped when i tried it last weekend :yep:

Back