Paging All Transitioning 3c/4a Hair types, please!

B

ballet_bun

1. What have you been doing to avoid breakage?

2. Which products have helped you to maintain moisture between the two textures successfully?

3. How often do you do regulat washes and CO washes?

4. Do Co washed help any in keeping transitioning hair healthy?

5. How do you maintain your <font color="red"> sanity </font>
lachen70.gif
nuts.gif
when trying to comb out the "new growth"? What I mean, what is the best detangling method?

TIA

Ballet Bun ...

1. I avoid breakage by being gentle with my hair, minimizing heat, and keeping it moisturized.

2. Oil-Based cream products like Carol's Daughter Hair Milk or Healthy Hair Butter (my hair doesn't like the beeswax anymore though)

3. I mostly conditioner wash these days - every 2-3 days. I will wash every 2 weeks.

4. I mainly do conditioner washes to keep my hair from building up with all the moisturizers I use. I like to start fresh.

5. St Ives Extra Shine Conditioner, Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner, Suave Awapuhi, and Biolage Leave-In Tonic - Actually I don't have a problem combing through my new growth at all. It's the relaxed hair that gets tangly. With these products though - detangling is no longer an issue for me. I comb through the St Ives Conditioner. Rinse and comb through again. Apply Suave Awapuhi as a leave-in. Spray a bit of the Biolage. Add my Hair Milk. Then I comb and it's easy as pie!!

Thank you Hairlove!!! I'll have to check out Biolage. I should stop buying products though and use up what I have!!! Thanks for sharing your tips!

Re: Paging All Transitioning 3c/4a Hair types, ple

When I was transing, I tired not to over condition my hair. Although it would make my natural hair softer, it also made my relax hair too soft. Needless to say it couldn't stand up to the strength of my natural hair and break.

Oil's did better for me then lotions when I had a natural, especially Olive and Soybean/vegetable oil yes cooking oil LOL. You may want to try an Egg protein treatment every few weeks or so.

Also you may try braids, they helped me a lot. When ever I took them down what ever new growth I had that same amount I would cut from my relaxed hair, ex if it grew 2 inches I would cut off 2 inches of the relaxed hair.

Hope that helps.

Back