Wig experts, please help

fine_beauty

Jesus, I Trust In You!
I'm currently @ 14 weeks post relaxer and want to take out my tracks and condition my hair daily or every other day for the remaining two weeks before touchup. Can anyone please direct me on how to keep my hair pressed down and breakfree under the wig.
All help is highly appreciated.
TIA

i wear wigs. there are tow ways to do this.

-if you want to wash it every other day, then you could let it air dry and wrap it best you can and put on a stocking cap. but, your hair is probably too long for this and too puffy from your new growth and your wig won't lay right.
-i would get cornrows to the back (protective style) so that way you won't have to wash every other day. put on stocking cap and wear your wig. this way it will lay flat, but you'll pretty much have to commit to wearing the wig for the next two weeks. hope this helps...

Thanks Taliah, it did help!
If I understand what you're saying, washing/conditioning once a week, using a stocking cap and then putting on the wig is best?

Where's Jainygirl, Ajamericandiva and Ms. Portugal?
grin.gif

I don't wear wigs, but Instant Weaves. You can keep your hair under a stocking cap, that's what I do when wearing the IWs. It works pretty fine for me and I have no breakage.

I wear wigs alot and love them.
I co wash my hair, airdry and then braid my hair in cornrows or 6 big braids and place a stocking cap over.
I always use the stocking cap with the holes in it they work better and my hair is not as hot.
Be sure to apply some type of moisturizer on your hair hairline to protect it I use either sta so fro or profectiv anti-thinning creme.

[ QUOTE ]
kitchen_tician said:
Where's Jainygirl, Ajamericandiva and Ms. Portugal?
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Here I is!!!!
laugh.gif
What I like to do is cornrow my hair back... about 6-8 cornrows, then put on a stocking cap. Mind you, wash and deep condition your hair. Apply a leave-in, then cornrow it. After that, you can lube it up with your hair moisturizer, which for me is the s-curl and put some oil on the ends. You can do daily rinses with the cornrows in or even use shampoo and conditioner diluted 50/50. I liked to do conditioner washes with diluted conditioner. Check my album in the siggy... "when I reigned as wig/hairpiece queen."
smile.gif

Thanks a lot ladies! You've all given invaluable answers. Ajamericandiva, washing my cornrowed hair didn't occur to me and neither did diluting the conditioner. I'm definitely going to live in your album this period
laugh.gif

A wig covers the entire head, while an instant weave is contructed so that you can wear it over your entire head like a wig or only on 3/4s of it for a more natural look because you can leave some of your own hair out in the front for blending). It comes with a comb in the front and back to stick into your hair.
smile.gif

I'm a fan of Sensationnel's ( www.sensationnel.com ) and Outre has some beautiful ones too ( Outrehair.com ).

You are right Karonica Sensationnel does have nice ones I am glad that my bss carries them I like seeing them in person.

Back