Wig Challenge

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
I'm on one by accident. Since i joined the no heat/no checking length challenges I decided to leave my cornrows in. Which led me to wearing my wigs again cause the rows are a mess here is what i'm doing:

Spraying with worlds of curls daily
Surging daily
Washing weekly with the rows in
And rinsing my hair in the shower with the rows in as needed
I put 360 styling pomage or the Last of my Elasta QP mango butter on my ends 2-3xs a week
Lastly I slap on my wig, some days I just rock my silk Scarf
/images/graemlins/sekret.gif
Anyone else want to join I'm going until Feb but you can do it as long as you like

Oh, I'll join in Msportugal! I'm on one by accident as well. I just haven't felt like combing my hair in the last three weeks so its been in cornrows and I've been wigging it. I'm also in the brastrap by 2006 challenge and trying to get as much length possible to reach my goal.
I'll do this and I hope I can make it till Feb. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

What I've been doing for the last three weeks:
Surging 2x a day (Morning & night)
Washing every other week
Soft & Beautiful Lite Moisturizer on the cornrows daily
Olive oil/carrot oil mixture on my scalp 3x a week
Vaseline on my ends 2x a week
Wear my wig for the day

I'm excited...let's see how much growth we'll acheive!

Finally a challenge I'm sure I can complete! lol! I wear wigs soooooooo much it's not even funny. Here is my game plan:

-Wash hair every 2 weeks to a month (may be gross to some but hey t's ont like you are getting anything on your hair to make it dirty) and at least rinse every 2 weeks.

-Put a little palmers cocoa butter in my hair

-Cornrow into about 6 fat braids

-Put a silk scarf on my head (I don't like wig caps)

-Put wig over silk scarf.

My starting length is approx 2 inches above brastrap. Will post comparison shots when the challenge is over!

ginsana i am trying to get to BS by the end of 2005

Realuv I have been looking into lining my wigs with silk because i hate when a track gets stuck on my hair and pulls a strand or 2 of mine out. How do you keep the scarf unseen. I have walked around with conditioner and a cap under a wig but that was just to run into a store and run out

sidenote: how come this fool asked me what i was mixed with this weekend (because of my wig) and then asked if he could pull my hair. He was trying to get the beat down cause i almost never pin my wig down and i usually cut the straps off cause the get caught in my rows

I put the scarf on like I usually do (I tie my hair to the back and not the front and I slapped the wig on. If there is any scarf showing in the front, I just push it back. This also helps my wigs fit better because the wigs are always way too big for me even with all the elastic, velcro and clasps and I don't even have a small head.

I'm down for the challenge. I plan on taking these raggedy indiviuals out of my hair on Friday. I bought a new wig last week that I'm excited to wear.

Oh yeah, I am in. I have a short wig now, but I purchased one of the new hair wigs yesterday (can't wait to get it). I plan to do this routine for 5-6 wks at a time. After I take cornrows out I plan to do a protein treatment.

What I'm doing:
- I will cornrow my hair, I will leave a small amount out in the front which I will moisturize twice a day with UBH Moisturizer.

-Wash w/poo once a week and rinse hair every other day or so. (I work out every other day)

-Moisturize cornrows only with S-Curl twice a day. Vaseline the ends every other day.

-I am still wondering whether or not I should apply Surge to scalp area only twice a day, Or purchase some of the Alter Ego revitalizing lotion? /images/graemlins/tongue.giferplexed: Any suggestions?

Finally a challenge, I can afford to be in! LOL!! I am in. I have a half wig(fall) and I plan on purchasing a new one next weekend. So until my wig purchase, this is my plan:
*-Cond wash tonight
*-Spray w/Surge 14, cornroll back
*-Leave front out, keep scalp oiled w/Doo Gro anti-itch, carrot oil,shea butter oil concoxtion
*-Oil ends w/vaseline
*-Wash and condition 1x week (still looking for good moisture shampoo,currently using CON poo for Normal(wrong kind), but using til it's gone and Mane and Tail conditioner)-havent found my right mix yet, but i'm working on it!
I'm with ya til FEB!!
--Tammie

Im in for this challenge. I have been doing the wig thing since july, i want to continue until I hit bra strap.

I will probably do this as soon as I get my new instant weave. I like them alot. This should protect my hair from the cold winter that is quickly approaching.

[ QUOTE ]
SouthernGirl said:
I want to do this, but I'm worried about wearing it to work!!! Count me in anyhow!!

[/ QUOTE ]

So am I! (scared to wear it to work) SG you should wear it! I saw it in your album it looks GREAT and totally natural.

Count me in too..after i buy my first wig. Does the instant weave count?

Ok I took my sew-in out and now I'am officially in the wig/instant weave challenge! I plan on changing my wigs on the regular, I might wear a cap underneath AND my hair is cornrolled and will stay that way during the challenge.

OK, I'll join. I'll do what my brother does which is....................... NOTHING.

I'll wash my hair once a week, use my shea butter mix, cornrow it and leave it. I have 2 wigs already, I'll get one more for work maybe, or just put the straight one in a ponytail. I'm so in love with my afro one. I even wore it for a whole salsa weekend and it didn't come off.

"I even wore it for a whole salsa weekend and it didn't come off."

Girl tell me about it, Um do I see another salsa queen in here?

dont be scared to wear your wigs to work. One thing I had to learn was to stop outing myself. If someone says it looks nice just say thanks and keep it moving

I used to out myself too. They would be like "I like your haircut" and the next thing out of my mouth would be "Thanx, it's a wig." Now did I really need to say that? Lots of people do not even know a wig from real hair if you get the right one. Especially if it has bangs or you get a fall.

[ QUOTE ]
Netta1 said:
"I even wore it for a whole salsa weekend and it didn't come off."

Girl tell me about it, Um do I see another salsa queen in here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweety. I'm an addict, can't get enough of it!!

i was in the bronx on 233rd & white plains last month trying on wigs for 2 hours for the first time! i couldn't believe what a different look they gave me. I have a list of 7 others i must have & will buy one at a time. many i had to try twice because they came in different colors! the confusion! anyway, ladies, i bought a spectacular one that day with bangs! it has clasps on it. how should i wear my own hair under it so it isn't puffy under the wig, what should i protect my own hair with & how do i keep the wig from coming off? for some reason i feel like it's gonna come off. this option will be great until i decide on my annual sew-in or braids.

your hair could be in a low bun/ponytail or in cornrows. i would suggest cornrows because that way you dont have to worry about the ponytail holder causing damage/removing it nightly

i think i'm going to put it on now for awhile because i need to choose a strap setting that won't give me a headache. if it's not tight enough, i think it will come off & if it's too tight, i get a headache within 15 min. i had my hair in a bun when i tried on & there was a bump in the back as a result that could not be hidden, so i think i'd prefer braids or cornrows. are you guys using anything else to secure the wig? pins or anything? i think i'll start off protective with the wig cap because with a scarf i wouldn't know what to do with the extra length of the scarf to hide it. i'll take a pic tomorrow of the wig & post it in my album.

Anyone tell me how to line my wig with a silk scarf? I'm fed up of the wig cap, but don't want to wear it without anything underneath it.

Back