WIG CHALLENGE 2013

Im excited. This is my first challenge out of lurkdom. I wore wigs off and on last year for about six months and retained a good amount of hair. My plan is 3 weeks of wigs and one week of bunning with length checks every 3 months. I have drew beshe, and a HH wig that had bangs that I cut off and made a upart wig out of and a new syn bang wig that came yesterday. I cornrow the back of my head in a circle and leave my edges and a front middle piece out that I flat iron when I wear the u part and will cornrow straight back for other wigs. I am currently grazing apl and want to be full bsl by this time next year.

So my Shorty wig for 2013 is still at the post office between me working and the New Years holiday. In the spirit of starting this challenge tomorrow I have dusted off and busted out the two year old arsenal from when I big chopped in 2010. Wish me well ladies!

ForumRunner_20130101_202113.jpg

There are a few in here I've never worn. Here we go.

Today was wash day for me so I prepooed, washed, DC and m/s. I put small plaits in my head and will leave them in redoing them from time to time. I will still wash every week and cowash. But I may up it to 2x week. We will see... I may also go wig shopping this wknd. I have a cute lil bob one I wear but I need one with some drama to it.

I'm going to try this exact mix this weekend! Well, minus the Wen because I don't have it yet. I do need to go back to my oil treatments/prepoos...

You can also try S-curl spray whether relaxed or natural. My hair did great with S-curl and sealed with olive oil. Even a spritz of water, NTM and an oil of choice with a wig cap and wig. Moisture for days and I co-washed weekly. HTH!

Yea, let me know how it works for you!
I've also used the S-Curl spray (although not while wearing twists) and my hair was super moisturized and grew like a weed! :drunk:

Good morning this is Stella my new wig for January... I usually switch up every two weeks but I want to see if I can ride out until the end of the month with this wig

For work need to have it up... This is my attempt a messy bun...

image-1388737611.jpg

This how it looks down

image-3347624632.jpg

I sprayed my cornrows and oiled my edges before putting on my men's wave cap...

OK.. so I couldn't wait until the weekend to get my first wig.. so I ran to the store yesterday and bought this one..

I think it's called Kissy! :spinning:

Anyway.. I'm getting a lot of compliments on it at work. I like her!

I'll post a pic later!

I'm in.....

I just removed my sewin weave. I need a break and to give my own hair a break. I'm rocking my curly half-wig. I love that and people believe its a weave or either my own hair because my natural hair blends well with it. I perfer rocking the curly half wig, so i don't have to press or straighten my hair to make it blend with straight half wigs.

I cowashed this morning and put on my new wig for the first day back to work in 2013. I will try to have hubby take a pic of me tonight.

by the end of the month i should have 4 more wigs. i had to toss out 4..i couldn't revive those wigs for nothing.

OK.. so I just bought my first wig! :yay:

No one told me that it's hot as E-MUG under this thing... whew! A sister is :burning:up under this thing. Hopefully I'll adjust soon.

So far, I love it! Can't wait to buy more!

me with short hair 2.JPG

No one told me that it's hot as E-MUG under this thing... whew! A sister is :burning:up under this thing. Hopefully I'll adjust soon.

Lol! Yeah... that's why I can only do wigs until it starts getting warm outside!

lol i'm a pro cause i can wig all year! :lol:
okay ladies here are my pics. I finished the braids today, was too lazy yesterday. I will be keeping these bad boys in hopefully till the end of this month...matter of fact, I think I will keep them in until the week before valentines day.

Attachments

• braids.jpg
    braids.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 162
  • braids1.jpg
    braids1.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 154
Babygrowth in the summer I don't wear hats with my wigs like I do in the winter. in the summer I wear the wig clipped up in a high sloppy bun with a cute summer scarf around the perimeter. my hair underneath is usually cornrowed

View attachment 186557

that looks cute on you. I wear u parts when the weather gets warm, ones that blend with my air dried hair or I cross wrap my hair & slap a half wig on, much cooler on my scalp.

Do you all sleep in your wigs?

Oh yeah, Bree is here and I love it...Gala, not so much (gonna sell it to my coworker).

Evallusion said:
Do you all sleep in your wigs?

Oh yeah, Bree is here and I love it...Gala, not so much (gonna sell it to my coworker).

No, I do not sleep in my wig. I take it off as soon as I get home. I spray my leave-in, M&S ends and put on satin bonnet.

I would love to join this challenge! I have several wigs but hardly worn them bc I hate braiding my hair down. I know lazy so this year im definately wigging it for sure. My hubby bought me some hair and closure so Im waiting on it to come in so I can try and make my own. I will post a pic as soon as I get the hair and make my wig. I was in the setting challenge but I just cant get it down pact and too much manipulation to my hair.

I don't sleep in my wigs either. when I get in the house I snatch it right off my head and either m&s and put my scarf on,or just put my scarf on and wait till evening to m&s

My wig! This is a u part I formed from a Beverly Johnson syn wig. My hair is out in the front. I soaked the wig in water and vinegar to remove the shine. I'll post another pic of my hair underneath in a minute. I take off every night and flat iron front once a week. To maintain I pin curl front at night.

Attachments

• image-2952193969.jpg
    image-2952193969.jpg
    494.5 KB · Views: 227
  • image-938791052.jpg
    image-938791052.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 172
Excuse my chub in my last post. Still trying to figure everything out. Lol. I did crop these pics. My hair is braided in a beehive in the back. I will redo my braids every two weeks with a wash every week. It looks so fuzzy and thick because I washed tonight. My hair in the front is trimmed because I had noticed some splits. I hope to find a straight lace front that has a thin hairline so that I can eventually braid all my hair back.

Sorry for such long posts :)

Attachments

• image-2059782180.jpg
    image-2059782180.jpg
    476.8 KB · Views: 145
  • image-670374742.jpg
    image-670374742.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 136
My wig! This is a u part I formed from a Beverly Johnson syn wig. My hair is out in the front. I soaked the wig in water and vinegar to remove the shine. I'll post another pic of my hair underneath in a minute. I take off every night and flat iron front once a week. To maintain I pin curl front at night.

that looks like human hair, can you tell me the ratio of water to vinegar that you used & how long you soaked it for to get rid of the shine? I have a synthie that's still a little too shiney even though I did the deodorant trick on it.

that looks like human hair, can you tell me the ratio of water to vinegar that you used & how long you soaked it for to get rid of the shine? I have a synthie that's still a little too shiney even though I did the deodorant trick on it.

Hey! I honestly didn't measure anything. I put the wig in a punch bowl. Added warm water to cover. Poured in some white vinegar from a big jug and swirled it around. It might have been a cup of vinegar? I let it soak a couple of hours until it looked dull. Then rinsed with water and let it air dry on wig head inside out.

So, plaits are better for me than cornrows. I cowashed today and I realized I need to make them smaller so they don't unravel. I can't wait until they grow longer.

SO tomorrow I am washing my wig and my hair. I have some VO5 and Aubrey Organic laying around that I am wanting to use up. Im planning to just use one line of products...maybe.

What are you Ladies using to M&S?

I REALLY want WSL....I know I can do it! I am looking through every inch of my current regimen to see what I can vamp up. I know Wigs are a keeper, now I'm re-evalauting my products...I should have BEEN WSL but im still stuck between BSL and MBL!!

Soo... i got my Beshe Shelly and am all ready for this challenge. My Drew arrived as well but I haven't tried her yet.

Here are some pics. mind you I trimmed the front a bit. So excited!

IMAG1932.jpg

IMAG1930.jpg

Back