WIG CHALLENGE 2011

Joining this challenge. Trying to get to "U" shaped MBL..I cut the tail off in my siggy pick. I will be wigging it up religiously until about march so I can do a length check. From that point on, I will be alternating my half wigs in every 2 weeks into my regimen.

i'm in! just chopped off mid-back length locs in August and have just been slappin on wigs without really taking care of my hair. i wash and condition every week, let it air dry, and throw on one of my many wigs. still trying to find a signature look. i like the human hair ones...all of my synthetics are too doggone shiny! rockin it's a cap weave human hair 1012 at the moment. not in love with it though.

Last edited:
i would love to join you new to LHCF lookig forward to the assistance. getting to the regimen and pulling it all together thanks this will help me stick to it! you girls ROCK!!

Hey ladies,

We have a week before 2011, and I thought now is a great time to get your WIG look on point. Could we share some WIG tips or lessons learned that have upped for your WIG game?

I am new to wig wearing and I just got a half wig and would love some tips especially on how to blend the front in. Do you ladies use the combs that come in the wig? and how do you typically wear your hair under it? i was considerings braiding and baggying every other day.

i just got tammy...i got 1b...the color matches...but in hair that long i think i prefer a darker color...anyways i threw it on real quick but i didnt have on a cap or anything so i'm about to cowash and throw some plaits in and then report back lol

eta: pics:

i didnt blend at all...i just put it on to test it out...i have a satin scarf/durag underneath...i need to get a wig cap

i didnt braid my hair up underneath so i took it off cuz if my hair dried scrunched up like that, its no way i would be able to detangle it

Last edited:
Please add me.
I'm going back to my wig in 2011. I wore it for two years straight and stopped this year. For some reason I started feeling self conscious whenever I think of wearing it gain. Well I'm determined to retain maximum length in 2011 so I don't care anymore.

NYDEE..Im in the same boat as you. I have been wearing wigs for two years. My hair has grown from damaged nl to thick 4a about 2 inches from APL. I want to try curly styles with my real hair b/c im so tired of wigs, but im afraid i wont retain the same amount of length..decisions..decisions. Good luck to everyone!!!!

Hey ladies,

We have a week before 2011, and I thought now is a great time to get your WIG look on point. Could we share some WIG tips or lessons learned that have upped for your WIG game?

Lesson learned for me is to keep the loose ends of my braids tucked away so it doesn't rub on my wig cap.

NYDEE..Im in the same boat as you. I have been wearing wigs for two years. My hair has grown from damaged nl to thick 4a about 2 inches from APL. I want to try curly styles with my real hair b/c im so tired of wigs, but im afraid i wont retain the same amount of length..decisions..decisions. Good luck to everyone!!!!
I know how u feel. I'm going to stick it out some more only because I keep reaching hair goal length each year. I'm wearing my hair out these last few weeks in Dec. then it's back to the wigs for me. Good luck to u too!!

I would like to join! I am already in the LadyPanialo's Deep Moisture Method, braid it up challenge, Hide your hair challenge, and now this one.... see how they all work in to one thing! lol

Here is my regimen since September!

What is your PS of choice? Half wigs lace front (mostly lacefronts)
Are you natural or relaxed? I am 16 months post relaxer...thinking of BC'in in Dec 2011
What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method? ORS replenishing conditioner or aussie moist 3 minute miracle
What are you using to seal before braiding? JBCO or grapeseed oil,coconut oill, olive oil if all else fails!
What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added? Aloe Vera juice and glyercin
How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products? ORS Olive oil mositrizer in bottle and/or S-curl
How often will you wash? What method? What products? I will wash once a week with dulited products, Creme of Nature Shampoo, ORS replensihing pack, HE long term relationship leave in
What will you use for your hard protein treatment? and how often? Aphogee reconstructor every 4-8 weeks
What else might you add to reach your goals? Wild Growth Hair oil and Wheat gream oil

Lesson learned for me is to keep the loose ends of my braids tucked away so it doesn't rub on my wig cap.

I totally AGREE! I also always cut out the combs (just use a few bobby pins) and use a silky cap or doo-rag to protect my hair.

Curlidiva I hope you don't mine me chatting in every now an again (or maybe every day LOL)

Actually for me I cut out the combs too, I use my seam ripper and remove them. I love my human hair wigs and lace fronts.

What I am doing right now is giving my hair a break until January 4th of 2011. I will braid it up for 3 weeks-21 days and leave it out to baby for the next 9-10 days :)
I have 50-11 wigs and want more LOL. I am MBL and want Full WL ;)
I doubt I will leave the wigs alone when I get there :)

I'm subscribing for now. I don't know how long I can rock a wig, but I did try on a curly half wig that I like.

Looking at some of your signature line photos, I might just give it a try, doing it a week at a time.

I would like to join. Wigs are my normal style during the winter and I will be back in the Mid Jan when school starts. I'm giving my real hair a rest right now.

I'm in!!! I BCd on the 19th to get rid of the relaxed ends. Now I'm looking for length and will use wigs to get there!

Hi guys! Count me back in! I am still wigging it and will probably be doing so until I reach my goal length...I have so many wigs in my stash right now and about to order some more..thinking I might switch it up a little bit and order a shoulder length wig.. I'll be back to link what I brought and show my starting length!

I am wearing Solange by Sensationnel at the moment....

Attachments

• Hair 008.jpg
    Hair 008.jpg
    446.2 KB · Views: 169
  • Hair 002.jpg
    Hair 002.jpg
    525.4 KB · Views: 150
  • Hair 001.jpg
    Hair 001.jpg
    444.8 KB · Views: 147
  • Hair 005.JPG
    Hair 005.JPG
    325 KB · Views: 122
Waiting on freetress dallas girl and outre jessica..should be coming in today..wigging till my bday next month..

Sent from my Sprint HTC Evo using Long Hair Care Forum App

I will lurk as wigs are already my PS of choice and I think I was in this challenge last year. I will continue to gain inspiration from you lovely ladies.

Hi Ladies,

Just checking in. I took a week off last week so I could see my own hair. :drunk: Now, I'm back on track and wiggin it daily. How's it going for you?

Last edited:
Solange is really growing on me, which is good so I wont be soooo nervous to wear her at school. I just been bunning underneath cause its easier for me to cowash, moisture, and seal throughly.

I will be cowashing tonight using Salon Care Honey & Almond Conditioner from Sally's, while trying to wash out my henna. Tomorrow I will DC....

Im in! Wearing a half wig at the moment but i have a really small part of my hairline out.

I'm noy using any heat at all on my hairline.

Moisturise with Ors twice daily apply mizani h20 evening and JBCO to my temples and nape.

Ive decided to ditch the wig cap and wear satin cap under my wig, i have noticed a huge improvement.

Hi Ladies!!! :wave::wave:

I'm joining this challenge. I am a newbie both to this site and to using wigs. After seraching far and wide for a half wig that would be a good look for me I wound up getting this random one last night after work from a BSS close to my job. I think it looks great on me and I am comfortable in it and it blends so well.

Just a few questions though:

What is the best thing to cover my hair with under the wig?

Is using the combs a bad thing?

How long do they ususally last?

Attachments

• update.jpg
    update.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 92
  • update1.jpg
    update1.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 68
  • update2.jpg
    update2.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 69