Why Our 11 Year Relationship Ended - The Break Up Q&a

I think 11 years is a long time, but they were teenagers when they got together. Neither one of them probably were ready for marriage for majority of their relationship. It would be a bigger deal to me had they got together in their mid to late 20's, and she waited around for eleven years.

I do think he'll be married to someone else within the next year or so though :look:

Last edited:
Wait, so is she broke??? That's why she's moving back home??

Man what a waste of time.

At least she still looks young and perky though.

Ouch. 11 years?? Just ouch.

I know someone this happened to. I specifically told her some time before the break up that her SO did not love her. Six months after they broke up he married another woman.

Was the other woman someone he had known for a while?

Theycallmemo just broke up with her fiance after 10/11 years too. i don't know anything about charyjay but I always felt that Mo and Manny were not going to get married. IDKW but when she said she was engaged for 3 years I was like yall ain't getting married.

They seemed like friends/roomies rather than engaged. I was done after I saw that she did a Breakup makeup look tutorial.

Egads.....She's what I would've been if I hadn't chucked the deuces. Together almost 7 years, got engaged but it crashed & burned and I still had plenty of 20's left to cut loose. Thank god! They definitely got comfortable though, it's easy to when you're in each other's life for that long, especially when people expect yall to be the ones that'll go the distance.

She'll be alright though, life is about to change drastically for her ..

Now she can move on and find someone more compatible. Fall in love with a man who is dying to love her instead of waiting 11 freaking years...for nothing.
I wouldn't even waste 2 years. Hey maybe if they got married 9 years ago, he would do like many men at around 10 year mark of marriage do; Cheat. Then go through the pains of being with a man who is bounded by a ring who has checked out. Then its sucks getting a divorce. So if it ended this way maybe it was best they didn't married especially if they "fell apart"

Forgive me now I'm creating stories in my head lol

@Nyssa28 Maybe they broke up several times before and what she really means is, I hope this one takes.
I've said that before (or something similar) when breaking up was for the best but we kept getting back together.
It can be a process for some.

I cannot believe that he said that he wants to stay friends and see each other regularly. Yes, until he finds someone else to take your place, that's is. She'd better not be that stupid! I'd hit a dude in the mouth for some mess like that. How selfish is that?!

Now she can move on and find someone more compatible. Fall in love with a man who is dying to love her instead of waiting 11 freaking years...for nothing.
I wouldn't even waste 2 years. Hey maybe if they got married 9 years ago, he would do like many men at around 10 year mark of marriage do; Cheat. Then go through the pains of being with a man who is bounded by a ring who has checked out. Then its sucks getting a divorce. So if it ended this way maybe it was best they didn't married especially if they "fell apart"

Forgive me now I'm creating stories in my head lol
Wow I didn't think that was common at the 10 year. This fee fly happened to my friend and she just didn't understand why. She's staying and I was :confused: but hey.

On topic, yes that's a blessing they can both find the one for them. Who wants to be tied to someone they don't want? Sadly it took them a decade to figure it out.

I cannot believe that he said that he wants to stay friends and see each other regularly. Yes, until he finds someone else to take your place, that's is. She'd better not be that stupid! I'd hit a dude in the mouth for some mess like that. How selfish is that?!

Yep. SHE was not getting what she wanted SHE needs to cut off from this guy.

Yep. SHE was not getting what she wanted SHE needs to cut off from this guy.

Emotional abuse is real! She better stop signing up for life wasting torture sessions with this dude. Maybe it's just clearer because we're looking from the inside out. This dude will keep leeching away her youth and happiness, with the least amount of commitment possible IF she let's him! He's one of those that will marry someone else and then try to guilt her for not being happy for him. Invite her to the wedding so she can have a from row seat to him stomping on the rest of her feelings. Omg!! Then tell her that they're best friends and he expects her to be happy for him. She needs to run, fast and far. You don't keep in contact with people like this guy.

alright, yall, so what is a breakup makeup look?:rofl:

you have an inkling you're about to get dumped so you do your face up all snazzy or does this happen directly after the dumping?

Emotional abuse is real! She better stop signing up for life wasting torture sessions with this dude. Maybe it's just clearer because we're looking from the inside out. This dude will keep leeching away her youth and happiness, with the least amount of commitment possible IF she let's him! He's one of those that will marry someone else and then try to guilt her for not being happy for him. Invite her to the wedding so she can have a from row seat to him stomping on the rest of her feelings. Omg!! Then tell her that they're best friends and he expects her to be happy for him. She needs to run, fast and far. You don't keep in contact with people like this guy.

I dated a guy for one year and when after a year was hearing BS I was smart enough to see that he could string me along for years...... I got out.

alright, yall, so what is a breakup makeup look?:rofl:

you have an inkling you're about to get dumped so you do your face up all snazzy or does this happen directly after the dumping?
Another mu artist did one that made sense. A look that would eliminate any appearance of tears/ crying that would make you look fab without 'trying too hard'. I like that one.

Back