Why Only Male-Female Relationship Discussions???

Status
Not open for further replies.
What percentage of the HIV positive heterosexual black women contracted the disease from gay/bisexual men?

I'll look that up for you and post it. Either way at 15-35 you know how work a condom, so please do. Homosexual and bisexual women have no issues protecting themselves:rolleyes:

FYI: Homosexual women have the lowest rate of AIDS. Heterosexual Black women ages 15-35 (I may be wrong about 35 let me recheck) have the highest rate
:yep: this is true...its very obvious why. Most of the activities that involve females do not require penetration or anal sex which is what the majority of males do. This is why you are more likely to hear a woman say she caught HIV from her hubby or SO than vice versa.

:yep: this is true...its very obvious why. Most of the activities that involve females do not require penetration or anal sex which is what the majority of males do. This is why you are more likely to hear a woman say she caught HIV from her hubby or SO than vice versa.

Which is why I think most transmissions are from gay/bisexual men to women, because it seems to be very difficult for a woman to transmit the virus to a man. I'm very interested to know the statistics on this.

Which is why I think most transmissions are from gay/bisexual men to women, because it seems to be very difficult for a woman to transmit the virus to a man. I'm very interested to know the statistics on this.

In all of the studies I am reading, it states no clarity on how much of a bridge bisexual men give to the HIV/AIDS rate of young women. However, studies do state that an almost equal amount of Black men arecatching HIV from drugs/needle sharing.

Shimmie hextros do give each other AIDS! It is growing very fast among straight people. especially straight black people. I don't know why you aren't aware that AIDS is an epidemic and NOT a GAY DISEASE!

I disagree with you on this subject matter! however please no that AIDS is an EPIDEMMIC! NOT A GAY DISEASE!

OP
Because Beverly SAID SO!!!!! Dayuuum Errrbody!
JG, I'm fully aware of this. Because this is a gay-sensitve topic, anything I say will be taken out of its context. My statement is revolved around Eddie Murphy, that if he is indeed having homosexual activites, he is still putting at risk the women that he is also having sex with. There's no way of getting around that. My post was quite specific about his actions.

Addressing the statements that more heterosexual women are contracting AIDs is proof of this has it is occurring primarily (not solely) but primarily from sexual contact with their husbands/boyfriends who have been active homosexually. There's no way of getting around this. I've worked with too many cases of it and I've known too many innocent women who have died 'trusting' the men they've slept with.

Gays are not being 'attacted' here. Some may want to perceive it as such, because of other reasons. However, nothing has been said or implied against gays. But being a sensitive issue, it's prone for many to preceive it as such.

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/surveillance/basic.htm#exposureTransmission CategoryEstimated # of AIDS Cases, in 2005Adult and Adolescent MaleAdult and Adolescent FemaleTotalMale-to-male sexual contact17,230-17,230Injection Drug Use5,4412,9408,381Male-to-male sexual contact and injection drug use2,018-2,018High-risk heterosexual contact*4,7977,59112,388Other**280243523

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/surveillance/basic.htm#exposure

Here are the stats.

If the chart doesn't show up correctly then you can go to the website link.

It looks as though (from these stats) that homosexual contact (of the male variety) is the no. 1 reason for HIV spreading with heterosexual contact at a close no. 2.

I'm posting these stats only because info has been thrown around which has not been supported by any links charts or graphs.

I'm not in Shimmie's brain but I don't think she was saying only homosexuals give or receive HIV. I think she was acknowledging that they make up a very large percentage for the distribution of it. If you look at CDC statistics, that's what it says and what else do you have to go by.

Someone explained to me once that because of the type of entry (male to male) contact involved there is a higher risk of contraction mainly because the anus is not made for entry (there are more chances for tears, fishers, abrasions, which can cause small amounts of bleeding, etc) than vaginal sex. Therefore, it could possibly be "easier transmission for the virus" than vaginal sex.

My only problem about homosexuality is that I don't want to hear the intimate details of it. I don't want those visuals. Sorry. But since we aren't really supposed to discuss those types of things on this board anyway, I'm not sure that would even be an issue. We never discuss sexual acts here (as far as I've seen). In fact, I tried to post something about black men saying we don't go down south and it was quickly delated (I was unaware of the rule at the time).

So I guess having said all that I wouldn't have a problem with it so long as there wasn't too much imagery provided. Frankly, I don't want too much imagery of hetero's either.

*shrugs*

But, I think some people were too hard on Shimmie. She clearly comes from a religious perspective and I often hear people tell me this isn't a religious issue so keep religion out of it. But if you are a religious person, especially Christianity teaches that all decisions and all thoughts should dwell on what is pleasing to God so in that regard, I don't really expect her to separate her opinions from what she thinks God things is right (if that makes sense).

Last edited:
Transmission CategoryEstimated # of AIDS Cases, in 2005Adult and Adolescent MaleAdult and Adolescent FemaleTotalMale-to-male sexual contact17,230-17,230Injection Drug Use5,4412,9408,381Male-to-male sexual contact and injection drug use2,018-2,018High-risk heterosexual contact*4,7977,59112,388Other**280243523

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/surveillance/basic.htm#exposure

Here are the stats.

If the chart doesn't show up correctly then you can go to the website link.

It looks as though (from these stats) that homosexual contact (of the male variety) is the no. 1 reason for HIV spreading with heterosexual contact at a close no. 2.

I'm posting these stats only because info has been thrown around which has not been supported by any links charts or graphs.

I'm not in Shimmie's brain but I don't think she was saying only homosexuals give or receive HIV. I think she was acknowledging that they make up a very large percentage for the distribution of it. If you look at CDC statistics, that's what it says and what else do you have to go by.

Someone explained to me once that because of the type of entry (male to male) contact involved there is a higher risk of contraction mainly because the anus is not made for entry (there are more chances for tears, fishers, abrasions, which can cause small amounts of bleeding, etc) than vaginal sex. Therefore, it could possibly be "easier transmission for the virus" than vaginal sex.

My only problem about homosexuality is that I don't want to hear the intimate details of it. I don't want those visuals. Sorry. But since we aren't really supposed to discuss those types of things on this board anyway, I'm not sure that would even be an issue. We never discuss sexual acts here (as far as I've seen). In fact, I tried to post something about black men saying we don't go down south and it was quickly delated (I was unaware of the rule at the time).

So I guess having said all that I wouldn't have a problem with it so long as there wasn't too much imagery provided. Frankly, I don't want too much imagery of hetero's either.

*shrugs*

But, I think some people were too hard on Shimmie. She clearly comes from a religious perspective and I often hear people tell me this isn't a religious issue so keep religion out of it. But if you are a religious person, especially Christianity teaches that all decisions and all thoughts should dwell on what is pleasing to God so in that regard, I don't really expect her to separate her opinions from what she thinks God things is right (if that makes sense).

Shimmies post was ignorant, ignorant, ignorant and there is no way around that. God would never have said or wanted anyone to say anything like that as ignorance is one of the things that most displeases Him. Homosexual men DO make up a large percentage of the AIDS population, no one is arguing that, but that is not what Shimmie stated. She assumed because Eddie participated in male on male activity he was exposing women to HIV. Not completely true. J.L King has some of yall super jaded. I dont really care to hear about other folks sex lives AT ALL. So guess what? I stay out of the threads. Please exercise your right to do so if you donrt want to hear about something. However, do not label out activities as any worse or better than you alls. They are not. Thank you. :)

Shimmies post was ignorant, ignorant, ignorant and there is no way around that. God would never have said or wanted anyone to say anything like that as ignorance is one of the things that most displeases Him. Homosexual men DO make up a large percentage of the AIDS population, no one is arguing that, but that is not what Shimmie stated. She assumed because Eddie participated in male on male activity he was exposing women to HIV. Not completely true. J.L King has some of yall super jaded. I dont really care to hear about other folks sex lives AT ALL. So guess what? I stay out of the threads. Please exercise your right to do so if you donrt want to hear about something. However, do not label out activities as any worse or better than you alls. They are not. Thank you. :)

Hmm...I haven't seen those threads to stay out of them so it's a non-issue for me. I do have my opinions but i haven't labeled your activities as anything. Please show me where I have done that? I know I haven't because that's not the way I operate at all. I agree some of the things she said implied that heteros are innocent of contributing to the epidemic but I think because it was "implied" and not stated, that it was subject to the perception of the perceiver.

Hmm...I haven't seen those threads to stay out of them so it's a non-issue for me. I do have my opinions but i haven't labeled your activities as anything. Please show me where I have done that? I know I haven't because that's not the way I operate at all. I agree some of the things she said implied that heteros are innocent of contributing to the epidemic but I think because it was "implied" and not stated, that it was subject to the perception of the perceiver.

I did not say you have seen the threads I was just giving you an option on how to avoid them in the case they do pop up. And saying you dont want to hear the details makes it seem like we are doing something you deem disgusting so I was letting know you had an option on whether or not to look at the content. NO ONE CLAIMED heterosexuals were guilty of anything, so I dont know where that BS came from honestly.

I did not say you have seen the threads I was just giving you an option on how to avoid them in the case they do pop up. And saying you dont want to hear the details makes it seem like we are doing something you deem disgusting so I was letting know you had an option on whether or not to look at the content. NO ONE CLAIMED heterosexuals were guilty of anything, so I dont know where that BS came from honestly.

This is what I stated. I am not your enemy.

If we can't have a civil discussion then that is fine but I'm not going to take you cursing at me. I don't believe that makes any discussion productive.

[]bSo I guess having said all that I wouldn't have a problem with it so long as there wasn't too much imagery provided. Frankly, I don't want too much imagery of hetero's either.[/b]

This is what I stated.

If we can't have a civil discussion then that is fine but I'm not going to take you cursing at me. I don't believe that makes any discussion productive.

I have not provoked you to anger and I don't deserve to be talked to that way.

I apologize for saying BS I didnt think it was that big a deal :ohwell:

JG, I'm fully aware of this. Because this is a gay-sensitve topic, anything I say will be taken out of its context. My statement is revolved around Eddie Murphy, that if he is indeed having homosexual activites, he is still putting at risk the women that he is also having sex with. There's no way of getting around that. My post was quite specific about his actions.

Addressing the statements that more heterosexual women are contracting AIDs is proof of this has it is occurring primarily (not solely) but primarily from sexual contact with their husbands/boyfriends who have been active homosexually. There's no way of getting around this. I've worked with too many cases of it and I've known too many innocent women who have died 'trusting' the men they've slept with.

Gays are not being 'attacted' here. Some may want to perceive it as such, because of other reasons. However, nothing has been said or implied against gays. But being a sensitive issue, it's prone for many to preceive it as such.
Shimmie,

Your still incorrect! HIV and AIDS has ravaged Africa for 20 years, now you gone sit there and tell me that all the continent's men are on the DL? I'm sure some are gay, but can you explain why AIDS is wiping whole families out in Africa?

But see this is how people like you get used! Yes used! Your fears are played upon to make you believe that HIV/AIDS is a Gay disease and they caused it all!

Here's the reality HIV/AIDS was most likely created in a lab as a form of genocide to rid the earth of undesirables : gays and black...notice I didn't say gay and black.

I'm not trying to change your views on homosexuality. I just want you to understand that you shouldn't let your fear or being naive misinform you.

As for Eddie Murphy he's a dawg!

Last edited:
Ok ladies, it has already been clarified by Bev, and reiterated here by several members that the nature of this forum is not changing. Please let the subject drop, as I do not wish to see any of you leave LHCF. As far as the HIV info, that needs to be discussed so people can be informed.

Shimmie, as far as HIV goes, it doesnt matter how it originated. If it did start out as a "gay" disease, its in the heterosexual community now, so everyone needs to protect themselves. I will split the HIV info off into another thread so the discussion can continue. Please keep it civil ladies. :)

Please continue your discussion here:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=142035

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back